The time is now

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
I’m going to get some flack for posting this and that’s fine with me. The reason it’s fine with me is a large majority of those who have negative comments don’t really want to win here at Mississippi State. They want others to give not them... They would rather a personal pride thing stand in the way or I’m gonna dig my heels in and not support the football program cause it ain’t right to pay players. If that’s what your prerogative is thats fine but understand by doing that you are being part of the problem and not the solution. I hope you change your opinion.

People it’s time … It’s time to change, it’s time to invest… it’s time for us as a fan base to support and give this Jeff Lebby era every chance in the world to be successful. Yes, times are hard right now and there is a lot of negativity around the football program, but the one thing we can do as a fan base is to give. I know some won’t and that’s just what they are going to do, but there isn’t a single fan out here on this board, 247, True Maroon, and Elitedawgs that can’t give $10.00 or more a month. You might think they won’t help but you would be wrong cause the large gift to the small is still part of the aggregate. We can all find a way to give. Step up to the plate and actually want and believe we can win!!!

In closing there are two ways out of this mess and that’s , one recruiting and the other give.
People it’s time to stand for what we talk about at state and that’s State is family. It’s time. It’s time to pull the same way it’s time to row in the same direction.. it’s time we change the trajectory of our program.

I challenge each and every poster. Each and every FB group Twitter users and Monday morning QB to give to the Bulldog Initiative.
A little or a lot let’s change the direction of our program!

HAILSTATE!

Last edited:

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Just some people would rather try and be funny than take initiative and actually try. Again I don’t mind the flack just proves those who don’t want to win and are those that are fine with status quo. My hope is more people will get on board and actually give to the Bulldog Initiative.
For those that would rather BS make fun just remember you are choosing to be part of the problem not the solution.

Oct 2, 2022
I’m going to get some flack for posting this and that’s fine with me. The reason it’s fine with me is a large majority of those who have negative comments don’t really want to win here at Mississippi State. They want others to give not them... They would rather a personal pride thing stand in the way or I’m gonna dig my heels in and not support the football program cause it ain’t right to pay players. If that’s what your prerogative is thats fine but understand by doing that you are being part of the problem and not the solution. I hope you change your opinion.

People it’s time … It’s time to change, it’s time to invest… it’s time for us as a fan base to support and give this Jeff Lebby era every chance in the world to be successful. Yes, times are hard right now and there is a lot of negativity around the football program, but the one thing we can do as a fan base is to give. I know some won’t and that’s just what they are going to do, but there isn’t a single fan out here on this board, 247, True Maroon, and Elitedawgs that can’t give $10.00 or more a month. You might think they won’t help but you would be wrong cause the large gift to the small is still part of the aggregate. We can all find a way to give. Step up to the plate and actually want and believe we can win!!!

In closing there are two ways out of this mess and that’s , one recruiting and the other give.
People it’s time to stand for what we talk about at state and that’s State is family. It’s time. It’s time to pull the same way it’s time to row in the same direction.. it’s time we change the trajectory of our program.

I challenge each and every poster. Each and every FB group Twitter users and Monday morning QB to give to the Bulldog Initiative.

HAILSTATE!
What’s the return on this “investment”? I have been giving through the BDC and season tickets for years but it’s hard to swallow giving more so we can try to outbid LSU, AU, UA, OM, Ark, FL so a kid will come here and play a semester then take a better offer later. It just isn’t college football anymore and I can live with that but count me out on giving more money to a flawed free agency. I could give but I won’t. The present iteration of college sports isn’t sustainable in my opinion, especially if schools like MSU have to bankroll the NIL from the fan base rather than the athletic budget. More time to travel and golf for me though!

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
What’s the return on this “investment”? I have been giving through the BDC and season tickets for years but it’s hard to swallow giving more so we can try to outbid LSU, AU, UA, OM, Ark, FL so a kid will come here and play a semester then take a better offer later. It just isn’t college football anymore and I can live with that but count me out on giving more money to a flawed free agency. I could give but I won’t. The present iteration of college sports isn’t sustainable in my opinion, especially if schools like MSU have to bankroll the NIL from the fan base rather than the athletic budget. More time to travel and golf for me though!
We have lost two kids due to NIl. One went for less to LSU the other is now going to do time in GA prison. The others that have left, left on their own. We appreciate what do for BC and the great thing about BDI is that even if it’s 10, 20 or whatever a monthit directly affects what we see on the field which is why you give to BC and buy seats to watch a product that’s on the field. If you want an entertainment experience for both the BC and BDI. Then give to the Bulldog initiative.
Hope you can see the parallels here

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013

HAILSTATE!
The only thing that your post is missing is the background music by Sarah McLachlan, In The Arms of an Angel.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Shut the 17 up. People are trying to figure out how to pay for groceries from week to week and you want them to start throwing money away on college athletes that are less loyal than Las Vegas hookers. If Jeff Lebby needs money for players, let him pay them out of his exorbitant salary. This “just give more” mindset is absolutely stupid. There is zero ROI for the average fan. Unless you have enough money to personally sign a top athlete’s paycheck, you’ll never know if you made a difference and you don’t have any say in how your money is spent.

How much did we pay for Davon Booth’s sorry a$$? What’s he worth? This whole argument is stupid. You want to buy from vendors who support the Bulldog Initiative? Cool? We were going to spend that money anyway. Asking people to donate blindly is just dumb.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

HAILSTATE!
Your are going to look back on this post in years to come after all of this NIL/Transfer bullshirt settles out and say, "Holy Crap, I can't believe I said all that in public"

HotMop

May 8, 2006

HAILSTATE!

TLDR....

I'M NOT DONATING ****!

Reactions: Mr. Cook and Marler

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'm not giving a penny until there is some accountability with NIL. I'm going to need to see what I'm getting with my money. At least with the BDC there was updated facilities that gave me a little sense of accomplishment. The price of everything is skyrocketed and inflation is rampant. If taxing unrealized gains becomes law I'm screwed financially. Not trying to make this political but there are bigger things on my mind than buying mercenary football players. The players don't care about Mississippi State, why should I care about them? Oh, I don't drink coffee!

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Your are going to look back on this post in years to come after all of this NIL/Transfer bullshirt settles out and say, "Holy Crap, I can't believe I said all that in public"
Maybe so and I’ll own it. But know this.. I want Mississippi State football to succeed so if posting on a board trying to encourage fans to give towards trying to be successful in football is bad or something else … well then I will bare that cross.
There is a grass roots effort to try and get the common MSU fan to understand the new landscape of college athletics. All I’m doing is promoting to the Betterment of MSU football and all sports. Should you disagree well thats on you fellow bulldog. If you can’t see that advocating for the Bulldog Initiative is a good thing on all platforms.. Well. Hey that’s your prerogative not mine. It was an invitation to try and start to turn the tables on our perception. To add to that unlike some on Here I won’t apologize for or fear regret .. See I love MSU and will continue to support and give, unlike some here I want to win and will do my part no matter how little or how big.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The news on who gives what to nil was interesting this week. The people in Arkansas are passionate about the razorbacks. I was surprised they have just 1,000 if OMs number is 5,000. Also our number is more than Arkansas and less than OM.

Listen to Out of Leftfield Tuesday edition for information on our NIL.

YungDispo

Dec 12, 2022
I watched our undersized defensive line be unable to shed a block against Arizona State and immediately logged on the initiative website and increased my contribution. Your return on investment is your entertainment from the talent we bring in and the product on the field. I understand the economy is tough, but we all find a way to prioritize the dawgs in one way or another. We are obviously getting left behind from a talent standpoint. This is the new era of college football and waiting for NIL to change is the reason we are having the current season. Disparaging posts are nothing but prideful chest beating, meanwhile our program is getting beat down by lack of support.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I will give my money to my daughters and my wife. I am not giving a dime to buy an offensive lineman. I’m sorry, but there is a line, and that is it. People can say state isn’t ready for the big time and they are right when it comes to the lunacy that is now college football. Part of the reason I like being a state fan is we are not insane lunatics like a lot of other fans in the SEC and college football in general. There are more important things to me in this world than how state does in football, thank god. Most state fans I know feel the same way. If I’m not a true fan unless I take out a mortgage on my house so we can get a back up punter, than I guess I’m not a true fan. I would rather take a vacation with my girls before they move out of my house forever than spend money on something this insanely unimportant. Watching college football is supposed to be fun, a distraction. Not this garbage.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Good intention by the OP terrible execution. Telling people the problem is that they do not give enough is not going to rally people to the cause. As I have said before I give to the BI, but that is not true for everybody not because they do not want to win. It is so dumb to tell people the only reason they do not want to give is because they are not really a fan, or they are trying to prove a point. Most people do not give for a much more simple reason in that they can not afford it. Most people live pay check to pay check and the solution to raising funds is to insult and criticize people that are already stretched? No this is not the answer. Again, great intention but terrible execution if anything you are hurting the cause and not helping.

Last edited:

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014
Can you afford 10.00 a month? Skip a coffee at Starbucks once.. once a month.
Don't drink coffee, wouldn't darken the door at Starbucks and if I am going to give a youngster some of my money it will be one of my grandkids. The university makes a ton of money, let them pay the players like they pay the coaches. NFLite is what it is and I am fast getting past giving a crap.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Good intention by the OP terrible execution. Telling people the problem is that they do not give enough is not going to rally people to the cause. As I have said before I give to the BI, but that is not true for everybody not because they do not want to win.
I’m sorry. I’m not the most eloquent posters. We can have a conversation a side bar if you will on how we should or could make the message better.
I’m trying to educate and encourage our fan base.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
I’m sorry. I’m not the most eloquent posters. We can have a conversation a side bar if you will on how we should or could make the message better.
All that is more than fair but I’m trying to reach everyone here. Maybe we have some posters who don’t fully understand NIL and the BDI. Again it may not be possible for everyone to give I get it , but it would help if the majority of people would be receptive to listening to the BDI and how it could benefit Mississippi state.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
You are doing the exact opposite of your intention. All you are doing is making yourself feel better not making any positive headway for the BI. I really hope you can come to see that.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Maybe so and I’ll own it. But know this.. I want Mississippi State football to succeed so if posting on a board trying to encourage fans to give towards trying to be successful in football is bad or something else … well then I will bare that cross.
There is a grass roots effort to try and get the common MSU fan to understand the new landscape of college athletics. All I’m doing is promoting to the Betterment of MSU football and all sports. Should you disagree well thats on you fellow bulldog. If you can’t see that advocating for the Bulldog Initiative is a good thing on all platforms.. Well. Hey that’s your prerogative not mine. It was an invitation to try and start to turn the tables on our perception. To add to that unlike some on Here I won’t apologize for or fear regret .. See I love MSU and will continue to support and give, unlike some here I want to win and will do my part no matter how little or how big.
You keep repeating that because you give you want to win and anyone that will not give doesn’t want to win as much as you. This sounds good in your head I’m sure, but it come off as being a pompous dlck.

Just so you know I’m glad others donate so we can get in the game but what I see when I see someone giving to that BS is a walking dumbass.

I assure you that you don’t want to win any more than me. I’m a third generation alum and am paying for the next generation now. Season ticket holder for 25 years and have season tickets in baseball and basketball too.

There’s no need to feel like you are better or more invested than I am. I’m just smarter than you….see how that feels. Tell all your grassroots friends. I hope y'all raise a bunch of money.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What is the current budget? Is it more or less than Toledo and Arizona State? You telling me everyone has to pitch in so we don't get skull drug by Toledo? Just asking. Maybe if we see signs of life that we are doing something, but for two years I've watched greenhorns try to figure things out on the job. Maybe if we hired a season coach people will investment more. I see this just like business investments you can pitch me on an idea to invest but what's my return on investment. If have a business making postits and you screw up 2-3 first
three orders you can see how I might be skeptical to invest. If you took over a company after last ceo was fired and board said I needed to give you more money after you do a bad job what should have been easy or no much of a challenge then what is the return?

nil was never meant to be funded by the fan. Nil is name image likeness. Using their name image and likeness to sell a product. If business wants to use them to sell something good. Nil now is nothing more than giving players a salary. The university and businesses are the ones who have been making money off of players. Not me. University and businesses can strike them a check. I don't mind giving some but I want to see a return on investment or a better promise of that. Right now the returns aren't that great on the easier stuff.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You keep repeating that because you give you want to win and anyone that will not give doesn’t want to win as much as you. This sounds good in your head I’m sure, but it come off as being a pompous dlck.

Just so you know I’m glad others donate so we can get in the game but what I see when I see someone giving to that BS is a walking dumbass.

I assure you that you don’t want to win any more than me. I’m a third generation alum and am paying for the next generation now. Season ticket holder for 25 years and have season tickets in baseball and basketball too.

There’s no need to feel like you are better or more invested than I am. I’m just smarter than you….see how that feels. Tell all your grassroots friends. I hope y'all raise a bunch of money.
Sounds like crap from
Genespage. How dare you!
How Dare You Greta GIF

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Oh 17, my bad. The time is now! Sнit… this whole time I thought the time was later. Thanks for the heads up.***

Some of y’all had your prozac prescriptions amped up this week and it shows.

Last edited:

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
When you and your wife have the same bank account and she is a UM grad; this creates a problem.

When she would see that Bulldog Initiative donation no matter how small, she would automatically one up me for whatever the rebels nil thing is.

I ain’t about to send any money to the rebs, so I’ll just buy the occasional tickets to an event and let that suffice.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
This is good we are creating content and conversations. Good or bad! We are creating conversations about the BDI.