The time is now

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
@Trojanbulldog19 makes a valid point. The money that has been given already was obviously not well spent. Toledo and ASU didn’t beat us because of their budgets. They beat us because we put the wrong guys in the wrong positions. I’m sick and damn tired of hearing about how increasing our NIL budget will turn things around. We aren’t getting out bid. We are getting out coached and out played and you 17ers beating your chests about the NIL sound like modern day snake oil salesmen.

Jeff Lebby is making 4.5 million a year. If he needs players, let him go buy some. Our athletics program is so poorly run right now, I’d rather just spend some extra days deer hunting than wasting my hard earned money to pay players.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If you're not giving, you're takin'.

And your team is losin'.
If You Aint First Youre Last Will Ferrell GIF by StickerGiant

• Haha
Reactions: HRMSU

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
What is the current budget? Is it more or less than Toledo and Arizona State? You telling me everyone has to pitch in so we don't get skull drug by Toledo? Just asking. Maybe if we see signs of life that we are doing something, but for two years I've watched greenhorns try to figure things out on the job. Maybe if we hired a season coach people will investment more. I see this just like business investments you can pitch me on an idea to invest but what's my return on investment. If have a business making postits and you screw up 2-3 first
three orders you can see how I might be skeptical to invest. If you took over a company after last ceo was fired and board said I needed to give you more money after you do a bad job what should have been easy or no much of a challenge then what is the return?

nil was never meant to be funded by the fan. Nil is name image likeness. Using their name image and likeness to sell a product. If business wants to use them to sell something good. Nil now is nothing more than giving players a salary. The university and businesses are the ones who have been making money off of players. Not me. University and businesses can strike them a check. I don't mind giving some but I want to see a return on investment or a better promise of that. Right now the returns aren't that great on the easier stuff.
^ that last paragraph

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I’m going to get some flack for posting this and that’s fine with me. The reason it’s fine with me is a large majority of those who have negative comments don’t really want to win here at Mississippi State. They want others to give not them... They would rather a personal pride thing stand in the way or I’m gonna dig my heels in and not support the football program cause it ain’t right to pay players. If that’s what your prerogative is thats fine but understand by doing that you are being part of the problem and not the solution. I hope you change your opinion.

People it’s time … It’s time to change, it’s time to invest… it’s time for us as a fan base to support and give this Jeff Lebby era every chance in the world to be successful. Yes, times are hard right now and there is a lot of negativity around the football program, but the one thing we can do as a fan base is to give. I know some won’t and that’s just what they are going to do, but there isn’t a single fan out here on this board, 247, True Maroon, and Elitedawgs that can’t give $10.00 or more a month. You might think they won’t help but you would be wrong cause the large gift to the small is still part of the aggregate. We can all find a way to give. Step up to the plate and actually want and believe we can win!!!

In closing there are two ways out of this mess and that’s , one recruiting and the other give.
People it’s time to stand for what we talk about at state and that’s State is family. It’s time. It’s time to pull the same way it’s time to row in the same direction.. it’s time we change the trajectory of our program.

I challenge each and every poster. Each and every FB group Twitter users and Monday morning QB to give to the Bulldog Initiative.
A little or a lot let’s change the direction of our program!

HAILSTATE!
Is this pastor Phil?

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
I’m sorry. I’m not the most eloquent posters. We can have a conversation a side bar if you will on how we should or could make the message better.
I’m trying to educate and encourage our fan base.
It’s not that you aren’t eloquent. It’s that you come across as a “better than you” pompous a$$. All that “if YOU don’t want to win that’s your prerogative, but I do want to win, so I’m giving” shiite is only going to steer folks away. Mississippi State and college sports in general already have a hundred ways to siphon money from the fan base. The universities have ESPN money. Let them spend it. Stop trying to squeeze more pennies out of a group of dudes making $50K to $250K per year.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
@Trojanbulldog19 makes a valid point. The money that has been given already was obviously not well spent. Toledo and ASU didn’t beat us because of their budgets. They beat us because we put the wrong guys in the wrong positions. I’m sick and damn tired of hearing about how increasing our NIL budget will turn things around. We aren’t getting out bid. We are getting out coached and out played and you 17ers beating your chests about the NIL sound like modern day snake oil salesmen.

Jeff Lebby is making 4.5 million a year. If he needs players, let him go buy some. Our athletics program is so poorly run right now, I’d rather just spend some extra days deer hunting than wasting my hard earned money to pay players.
That or we over valued players and did a terrible job Evaluating them. There 4 of 5 new linemen. What did we pay them to come here? So far the only 4-5 I would pay a dime to are Coleman, Shapen, and Mosley, Craver, burnside, Whitmore.

only one I would pay on defense is Smith.

is that the way this works? If we paying anyone else they are over paid or need to be replaced. Isn't that how it works in the real world? These guys want to be adults and be paid. Time to be placed on performance plans. You ain't doing your job? Sorry see ya later. After Toledo, I think some guys need a hard lesson in adult hood. You don't perform you don't get paid. Right now we giving these guys money for nothing basically money based on hype. Start tying some strings to this because it's not name image likeness. It's salary. What's your autograph worth for nil if you 2-10? It one of these lineman get nil but have 6 missed blocks a game does money get taken back?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I give every month.....

We have wayyyyyyyyy too many cheap *** people in our fanbase to ever expect to have a decent NIL.

It's really really sad.
Congrats I guess. Glad your nil pays for 4-8 2-10 seasons. Hopefully it's going to a receiver otherwise oof. Which players did you pay for? Hopefully not dline. Only if everyone gave a little more we might could edge out mighty Toledo. If lebby can hire a decent defensive staff and win a game or two against power 5 that we shouldn't or a toss up with what we have now then it might not seem like throwing cash into a fire.

Reactions: Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Congrats I guess. Glad your nil pays for 4-8 2-10 seasons. Hopefully it's going to a receiver otherwise oof. Which players did you pay for? Hopefully not dline. Only if everyone gave a little more we might could edge out mighty Toledo. If lebby can hire a decent defensive staff and win a game or two against power 5 that we shouldn't or a toss up with what we have now then it might not seem like throwing cash into a fire.
Boom. You may not have realized but you nailed it. Until I see a plan for NIL, nope! I’m not giving my money to simply keep up our current status.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We have lost two kids due to NIl. One went for less to LSU the other is now going to do time in GA prison. The others that have left, left on their own. We appreciate what do for BC and the great thing about BDI is that even if it’s 10, 20 or whatever a monthit directly affects what we see on the field which is why you give to BC and buy seats to watch a product that’s on the field. If you want an entertainment experience for both the BC and BDI. Then give to the Bulldog initiative.
Hope you can see the parallels here
We may have lost two. But we’re not even in the game for a lot more. Bulldog Club contributions do no more good than just burning your money. If we don’t make massive improvements in NIL, every season will be like the last 2 games. We need major donors for sure. But I read that Mississippi has 5,000 monthly NIL contributors. Those smaller contribution add up to a lot. Unfortunately, we have the dumbest & most stubborn fanbase in the country & our leadership sucks. I’m not optimistic.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We may have lost two. But we’re not even in the game for a lot more. Bulldog Club contributions do no more good than just burning your money. If we don’t make massive improvements in NIL, every season will be like the last 2 games. We need major donors for sure. But I read that Mississippi has 5,000 monthly NIL contributors. Those smaller contribution add up to a lot. Unfortunately, we have the dumbest & most stubborn fanbase in the country & our leadership sucks. I’m not optimistic.
You seriously can't believe we are not in the game to get players that can beat Toledo? Arizona State? I would bet we pay more than those schools yet we could barely move the ball on them and they crammed it down our throat. That's not being stubborn. That's being realistic about our situation.

do you guys believe that anything is actually different now than it was 5 years ago? Did players magically just start getting paid with nil? Don't be naive. Players have been getting paid for a long time and we have always lost players we couldn't afford. It's just more in the open and they don't have to hide it any more. We are just getting out recruited and out coached right now. Nil had nothing to do with what we saw the last two Saturdays or last year.

Reactions: Dawgg

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Is this the guy from Gene'sPage?

Honestly, I watch MSU sports because they're my alma mater, and the affinity I feel is because a lot of our players are from Mississippi playing on the team they've grown up following, and that makes it really satisfying when we wup some other SEC team that we aren't supposed to beat. It sucks when we lose, especially the way we did the other night, but I still root for our guys and I'm usually over it by the time the hangover subsides.

If I'm gonna spend a shitton of money to see elite athletes and coaches with no connection to my school I'll buy a ticket to a Saints game and let that organization pick up the tab for their salaries.

And I got to say this thread cracks me up - we got loads of high-flying stock and crypto investors all over this board at the same time most of us apparently can't afford groceries and gas.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Our leadership really sucks.

The school needs to make an NIL only website that sets up different payment plans and tracks what has been raised and what goals and objectives it is going towards. Not going to throw money at NIL for the sake of it and then keep being told it’s not enough. We are already so far behind it will be a miracle to catch up with our small poor fan base.

It’s the University's job to get it organized and present the fans with the options. Without that, I might as well flush that $ down the toilet.

There is zero hope in the fan base right now but if the school can show they have a plan and are working towards it I’ll be all in. Until then…

Last edited:

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Speaking of disposable incomes......for those of you/us who are retired and are on Medicare with a Supplemental policy.......bend over and grab your ankles. Next year, a very worthy industry insider has told me that the Supplemental policies are about to take a major premium hit. Said to expect a minimum increase of $100 per month.....MINIMUM!! In fact, those in the industry are expecting most policy holders will switch from Supplemental to a Medicare Advantage plan because of the rate hike. Stay tuned for further PSA's.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Charlie addresses NIL on Tuesdays edition of Out of Left field.

But my .02, I sick and tired of other fans blaming fans for losing. We didn't lose to AzSt or Toledo because of NIL. We lost because of poor head coaching decisions and hires for 5-6 years. ....and with that in mind. Saturday, I'll drive two hours. Sit in the sun to support this hopeless endeavor. But that isn't enough???

But just blinding throwing money isn't allows going to win us Recruits. We still have to show a pulse at the HC position. The coaches have to show some sort of actual competence with the on the field product.

Also, just one example I'm kinda familiar with.... we could have doubled Tennessee and OMs offer to the Lake Commorant kids and I don't think they would come to State. They have always been courted by OM people in the area and been to their campus many many times unofficially.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Boom. You may not have realized but you nailed it. Until I see a plan for NIL, nope! I’m not giving my money to simply keep up our current status.
Goat, here is the website http://www.bulldoginitiative.com/
Charlie has agreed on this form on his podcast and others forums to discuss the Bulldog Initiative with any and all fans. My hope is everyone seeing this post today will click on the link send Charlie a message or research on what they can do to help the cause.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
That or we over valued players and did a terrible job Evaluating them. There 4 of 5 new linemen. What did we pay them to come here? So far the only 4-5 I would pay a dime to are Coleman, Shapen, and Mosley, Craver, burnside, Whitmore.

only one I would pay on defense is Smith.

is that the way this works? If we paying anyone else they are over paid or need to be replaced. Isn't that how it works in the real world? These guys want to be adults and be paid. Time to be placed on performance plans. You ain't doing your job? Sorry see ya later. After Toledo, I think some guys need a hard lesson in adult hood. You don't perform you don't get paid. Right now we giving these guys money for nothing basically money based on hype. Start tying some strings to this because it's not name image likeness. It's salary. What's your autograph worth for nil if you 2-10? It one of these lineman get nil but have 6 missed blocks a game does money get taken back?
So we missed on all our draft picks? Man this sure sounds more and more like a low budget NFL.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I understand brother no need to get hostile if the 10 a month to BI hurts we aren’t gonna push. However it’s a message we are trying to get across all plat forms. Thank you for posting your thoughts

Here’s one problem.

You’re a 17ing awful messenger.

And you’re not the only 17ing awful one.

Not many of you have any experience at all when it comes to raising money for nonprofits or charitable organizations and it 17ing shows.

Let the Professionals handle it.

Do. Not. Mom. And. Pop. This. BS.

When even the Father of Lies disapproves of your tactics, maybe that’s a Sign.

Good intention by the OP terrible execution. Telling people the problem is that they do not give enough is not going to rally people to the cause. As I have said before I give to the BI, but that is not true for everybody not because they do not want to win. It is so dumb to tell people the only reason they do not want to give is because they are not really a fan, or they are trying to prove a point. Most people do not give for a much more simple reason in that they can not afford it. Most people live pay check to pay check and the solution to raising funds is to insult and criticize people that are already stretched? No this is not the answer. Again, great intention but terrible execution if anything you are hurting the cause and not helping.

And as you’ll note, he supports the Idea.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The problem is I have nothing left to give. I just bought a new Toyota Camry. It wasn’t that expensive, but then the dealership asked for me to round-up my purchase to the nearest $10,000 to support their future efforts in R&D to prevent the next model year version from having a recall. This was obviously a no-brainer for me to accept, unfortunately, and that was all the extra cash I had for the year.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I’m going to get some flack for posting this and that’s fine with me. The reason it’s fine with me is a large majority of those who have negative comments don’t really want to win here at Mississippi State. They want others to give not them... They would rather a personal pride thing stand in the way or I’m gonna dig my heels in and not support the football program cause it ain’t right to pay players. If that’s what your prerogative is thats fine but understand by doing that you are being part of the problem and not the solution. I hope you change your opinion.

People it’s time … It’s time to change, it’s time to invest… it’s time for us as a fan base to support and give this Jeff Lebby era every chance in the world to be successful. Yes, times are hard right now and there is a lot of negativity around the football program, but the one thing we can do as a fan base is to give. I know some won’t and that’s just what they are going to do, but there isn’t a single fan out here on this board, 247, True Maroon, and Elitedawgs that can’t give $10.00 or more a month. You might think they won’t help but you would be wrong cause the large gift to the small is still part of the aggregate. We can all find a way to give. Step up to the plate and actually want and believe we can win!!!

In closing there are two ways out of this mess and that’s , one recruiting and the other give.
People it’s time to stand for what we talk about at state and that’s State is family. It’s time. It’s time to pull the same way it’s time to row in the same direction.. it’s time we change the trajectory of our program.

I challenge each and every poster. Each and every FB group Twitter users and Monday morning QB to give to the Bulldog Initiative.
A little or a lot let’s change the direction of our program!

HAILSTATE!
As currently structured, with unlimited free agency and few to no restrictions, dumping my money into NIL makes absolutely no sense. Assuming they fixed the free agency issue I would still want to know:

1) Is it money that simply churns through at the rate received?

2) do we have a foundation structured to only spend interest off of the money invested (I.e. wil my money have a lasting impact?)

3) if there is no residual effect, are we saving up for one big spending year to field a national contender?

free agency plus no transparency is a no for me dog

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm not giving a penny until there is some accountability with NIL. I'm going to need to see what I'm getting with my money. At least with the BDC there was updated facilities that gave me a little sense of accomplishment. The price of everything is skyrocketed and inflation is rampant. If taxing unrealized gains becomes law I'm screwed financially. Not trying to make this political but there are bigger things on my mind than buying mercenary football players. The players don't care about Mississippi State, why should I care about them? Oh, I don't drink coffee!
I was really on board until that last sentence

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Agree to all parts my message could have been clearer. But someone had to start the conversation and get the word out. I’ll gladly own my post and mistakes made in the delivery.
All I and others are trying to do is get this fan base to buy into the BDI, to show them that even the smallest donation a month added up can and will make a difference.
I appreciate all the feedback. Understand we are trying to help drive people to the BDI

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Charlie addresses NIL on Tuesdays edition of Out of Left field.

But my .02, I sick and tired of other fans blaming fans for losing. We didn't lose to AzSt or Toledo because of NIL. We lost because of poor head coaching decisions and hires for 5-6 years. ....and with that in mind. Saturday, I'll drive two hours. Sit in the sun to support this hopeless endeavor. But that isn't enough???

But just blinding throwing money isn't allows going to win us Recruits. We still have to show a pulse at the HC position. The coaches have to show some sort of actual competence with the on the field product.

Also, just one example I'm kinda familiar with.... we could have doubled Tennessee and OMs offer to the Lake Commorant kids and I don't think they would come to State. They have always been courted by OM people in the area and been to their campus many many times unofficially.
This is it. If we're so far behind we've got massive work to do to catch up to Toledo, we've gotta reconfigure what college football means and will look like at Mississippi State moving forward.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Charlie has agreed on this form on his podcast and others forums to discuss the Bulldog Initiative with any and all fans. My hope is everyone seeing this post today will click on the link send Charlie a message or research on what they can do to help the cause.
In all honesty, who do you think you're talking to? Do you think I'm just since nimrod from Okolona who doesn't know what's going on?

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Dorn has agreed on this form on his podcast and others forums to discuss the Dorn Initiative with any and all fans. My hope is everyone seeing this post today will click on the link send Dorn a message or research on what they can do to help the cause.

(I don't know him at all, Charlie strikes me as a Good Bulldog and a stand-up guy, so if you're at all inclined to participate in NIL you're very likely not getting fleeced by his outfit)

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Agree to all parts my message could have been clearer. But someone had to start the conversation and get the word out. I’ll gladly own my post and mistakes made in the delivery.
All I and others are trying to do is get this fan base to buy into the BDI, to show them that even the smallest donation a month added up can and will make a difference.
I appreciate all the feedback. Understand we are trying to help drive people to the BDI
Dude.

You’ve been posting about it constantly.

You’re also 17ing awful at it.

Maybe that’s a Sign someone else who is more into Planned Giving can be the Communicator because you sure ain’t one— that’s for sure.

My suggestion for you: Don’t try to be the Lead Dog here again.

You don’t have the necessary communication leadership skills.

This is a time when you 17ing engineering and business folks have to have someone with a communication and liberal arts background to deliver nuance here…

17, didn’t you read the last Woj Bomb yesterday about him leaving ESPN to be GM of St. Bonaventure Basketball.

A guy with a journalism degree and background with connections to agents and athletes and NBA teams.

And you wonder why I constantly roll my eyes at your posts…

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Putting the cart before the horse. I have to believe in the direction we are going.. and more importantly the people making the decision on that direction.. before I blindly throw money at something.

Currently I dont, and after last Saturday, I dont see how anyone could.

It would also be nice for the university to meet us in the middle. When has the university made a step forward to better athletics in the recent years.

We have far bigger issues than the BI.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I will give my money to my daughters and my wife. I am not giving a dime to buy an offensive lineman. I’m sorry, but there is a line, and that is it. People can say state isn’t ready for the big time and they are right when it comes to the lunacy that is now college football. Part of the reason I like being a state fan is we are not insane lunatics like a lot of other fans in the SEC and college football in general. There are more important things to me in this world than how state does in football, thank god. Most state fans I know feel the same way. If I’m not a true fan unless I take out a mortgage on my house so we can get a back up punter, than I guess I’m not a true fan. I would rather take a vacation with my girls before they move out of my house forever than spend money on something this insanely unimportant. Watching college football is supposed to be fun, a distraction. Not this garbage.
If donating 10 dollars a month is going to keep you from taking your kids and wife on a vacation, then you probably shouldn't be going on a vacation to start with. I don't blame you for not donating to this sh*t show because we obviously are pissing what we have down the drain anyway, but spare me the "I can't take my kids on vacation" line. Where are you taking them on 10 bucks a month? Grenada lake?

YungDispo

Dec 12, 2022
I have a feeling the same people complaining about contributing to NIL are the same people who will be up in arms about ole miss making the playoff this year and Ole miss, Alabama, and LSU getting the top Mississippi recruits. We can’t afford to be left behind. A lot of you are missing the forest for the trees. Do we know for a fact where the money goes? No. Do we have a less talented team than the rest of the SEC? I would argue yes. Are recruits not signing with state because of the ability of the initiative to get them deals? Probably.

You are on a Mississippi State message board for a reason, because you are a more avid fan than most. If you don’t want to contribute that is your choice, but you shouldn’t complain about the state of the program without doing so

Reactions: campshelbydog1116

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I have a feeling the same people complaining about contributing to NIL are the same people who will be up in arms about ole miss making the playoff this year and Ole miss, Alabama, and LSU getting the top Mississippi recruits. We can’t afford to be left behind. A lot of you are missing the forest for the trees. Do we know for a fact where the money goes? No. Do we have a less talented team than the rest of the SEC? I would argue yes. Are recruits not signing with state because of the ability of the initiative to get them deals? Probably.

You are on a Mississippi State message board for a reason, because you are a more avid fan than most. If you don’t want to contribute that is your choice, but you shouldn’t complain about the state of the program without doing so
Omg. You and your braided belt brigade just don’t get it. You are making it worse. Do what you want with your money. We will do whatever tf we want with ours.

Donate if you want. I’ll do whatever I want. Talking down to people is no way to handle this. It doesn’t make you look as smart as you think.

Stay out of my pockets, nerd.