The U is making a change

SouthOfI10

Nov 20, 2016
The AD at Miami is terminated…. Going a new direction after getting beat by FSU…top two coaching choices are Cristobal and Kiffen per sources

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The AD at Miami is terminated…. Going a new direction after getting beat by FSU…top two coaching choices are Cristobal and Kiffen per sources

I wonder if sources know how to spell Kiffin's name?

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
I would doubt Kiffin is headed to Miami.

I don't see Arnett leaving unless it's for a head coaching job.

He'd be hard pressed to find a better situation for himself.

- 100% autonomy with defense
- A good & getting better offense that takes pressure off & controls the ball
- A 7 figure salary that will only increase
- And plenty of 4 star talent to recruit.

Is going to Bama & having Saban up your rear a better job?
Is going to LSU, not having full autonomy & not know if you'll have a better offense a better job?

You get my drift. Just feels like he's found a niche at MSU that would be hard situation to beat

bulldogbaja

Dec 18, 2007
Here’s the thing… I don’t think Kiffin is actually good enough to get looked at for these top jobs. It’s an easy/lazy name for the media to drop into articles like this, but there’s no way that he’s LSU or even Miami’s first choice.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Like a midget at a urinal, Manny is going to have to stay on his toes to keep that job. Looks like the cows have come home to roost

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I would doubt Kiffin is headed to Miami.

He would love to head to Miami. Great recruiting area and close to his place in Boca.

Unfortunately for Miami, their facilities are **** and they can’t pay what OM (SEC $) can…

patdog

May 28, 2007
You're kidding yourself if you don't think he'll be a serious candidate for a few of those jobs.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Did not understand before this season how this offense controls clock. It's kind of crazy. We've had 3 games with the defense on the field for under 21 minutes of the game. We've lead time of possession in every single game this year. That has to be attractive to a DC.

was21

May 29, 2007
Mullen probably survives if Florida wins these last two games...for at least one more year..and he presents a viable plan to the administration

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Here’s the thing… I don’t think Kiffin is actually good enough to get looked at for these top jobs. It’s an easy/lazy name for the media to drop into articles like this, but there’s no way that he’s LSU or even Miami’s first choice.

Miami would piss all over themselves to land Kiffin. I agree he wouldn't be at the top of LSU's list.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Just no on rehiring Diaz for a 3rd time.

Is Diaz even a good DC? He had a ton of talent to work with his first time at MSU. His second time didn't seem like anything special if I remember correctly. Failed at UT, was good at La Tech (I think? whatever directional school). Definitely not bad, and if he was a guy that was going to stick around, I might be willing to trade some upside for stability, but I don't think he'll ever stick around in Starkville. Would be the rare exception that someone that grew up in Miami would take to small town life, especially when they have enough money to smooth out the rough edges of living in a major metropolitan area.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't think Leach is going anywhere. Reasons: His career is getting close to the end. He's probably ready to retire and take it easy. He is making over 5 million now and if he gets to eight wins his contract will get extended and he will probably go over 6 million a year. He does not have a history of jumping ship. Everywhere he goes he pretty much stays eight plus years. Again I think he is eying retirement after State.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He's probably pretty near the top of LSU's list as well. He's looking at a potential top 10 season this year at Mississippi, which has only been done once since 1969.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Is Diaz even a good DC? He had a ton of talent to work with his first time at MSU. His second time didn't seem like anything special if I remember correctly. Failed at UT, was good at La Tech (I think? whatever directional school). Definitely not bad, and if he was a guy that was going to stick around, I might be willing to trade some upside for stability, but I don't think he'll ever stick around in Starkville. Would be the rare exception that someone that grew up in Miami would take to small town life, especially when they have enough money to smooth out the rough edges of living in a major metropolitan area.

This is his biggest downside. Having a DC turnstile isn’t great for recruiting and maintaining focus.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
It is the nature of college football

This is his biggest downside. Having a DC turnstile isn’t great for recruiting and maintaining focus.

Every successful program has this happen. Look at LSU after winning their NC. Orgeron, we all knew, is not a good coach. He had excellent OC and DC guys and they were hired away. You see what happens when you make bad new hires.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login