The University posted a pic of the newly renovated Hump today…

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
I don't understand why they're not showing any pictures of the concourses unless they're not done yet. They should really stop pushing this as a renovation project when it was obviously just a maintenance project with a new club component.

Unfortunately 50 million just doesn't buy what it used to. Although it sure would have taken a dent out of the 200+ million we'd need for a new arena.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hmmmm. I noticed they've taken the official university logo off the court. Nice going, Selman.

Also....if we want a 'State' on our helmets, that block STATE doesn't look too bad.

As far as the Hump, I don't have a real big problem with it. I mean were we really going to tear it down? We'd have to build it in the same location, due to the Mize thing next door. I don't think it was ever feasible.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
When 3 of the 4 pictures in the tweet are just close-ups of the court, you know it was a gigantic waste of money.
Money GIF

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
How much is it to get your name on the floor, just the floor, I don't want to pony up enough to fix anything in the concourse. I need a goal.

Didn't Jeff Malone donate funds for the floor way back when?

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I'll probably be visited by men in dark suits and sunglasses then be whisked away never to be seen again for posting this but the $50million price tag vs the results you are seeing can only lead to one conclusion. We spent about $5million on a renovation and the rest disappeared into an Ultra level black project slush fund for NIL and recruiting purposes.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Of course not. And I'm sure it's nice.

But even you can see the humor in all this. Lighten up, buddy.
The only thing funny is that they are bitching about something that they haven't even seen yet. That IS hilarious! It may actually suck, but then again it may not.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I am happy we are officially not having every county on the floor. That looked awful. I would have non-Mississippi friends text me all the time mid-game asking what they hell the names on the court meant

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I'll probably be visited by men in dark suits and sunglasses then be whisked away never to be seen again for posting this but the $50million price tag vs the results you are seeing can only lead to one conclusion. We spent about $5million on a renovation and the rest disappeared into an Ultra level black project slush fund for NIL and recruiting purposes.

One can only hope.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The only thing funny is that they are bitching about something that they haven't even seen yet. That IS hilarious! It may actually suck, but then again it may not.
We know from their other communications that seats were lost and all lower ones are gone. We know that boxes were put in. We know that entrances ONLY for the boxes were put in. I saw some landscaping going in Sunday when I ran past the new entrances. We know the exterior brick got a stain job. We know parking for basketball and baseball was ultra screwed up last season for both. So what's left for the regular folks, new urinals and toilets I believe I remember? Is there a surprise behind Door Number 3 we don't know about yet? You tell us, what impresses you about a $50m price tag so far?

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Based on the game day info they put out sounds like concourses aren’t finished…temporary grab and go stands and updated maps throughout the season. But as long as our fried food needs are met who are we to complain:

“Concessions will be available via temporary grab and go stands, as well as a number of traditional Humphrey Coliseum concession windows. To begin the season, Hail State Eats “Grab and Go” stands to fulfill your fried food needs will be located near sections 321 and 352. Additionally, the Flying M Market for your traditional concessions favorites is located at sections 326, 341, 381 and 387. Be sure to visit updated wayfinding maps for details throughout the season.”

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Based on the game day info they put out sounds like concourses aren’t finished…temporary grab and go stands and updated maps throughout the season. But as long as our fried food needs are met who are we to complain:

“Concessions will be available via temporary grab and go stands, as well as a number of traditional Humphrey Coliseum concession windows. To begin the season, Hail State Eats “Grab and Go” stands to fulfill your fried food needs will be located near sections 321 and 352. Additionally, the Flying M Market for your traditional concessions favorites is located at sections 326, 341, 381 and 387. Be sure to visit updated wayfinding maps for details throughout the season.”
“Your fried food needs” needs to be used more in casual conversation

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
How much is it to get your name on the floor, just the floor, I don't want to pony up enough to fix anything in the concourse. I need a goal.

Didn't Jeff Malone donate funds for the floor way back when?
Malone pledged money for the court, but stiffed the university and never donated the money. by that time, his name was already on it. Templeton

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

“Updated wayfinding maps”?

So many questions. For one, is there even any other kind of map that’s not “wayfinding”?

For two, maps for what? The concourse? It’s just a big 17ing circle.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

• Haha
Reactions: Mjoelner

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Malone pledged money for the court, but stiffed the university and never donated the money. by that time, his name was already on it. Templeton
No kidding? Always wondered why it wasn't on there any more. Just thought we had simply replaced that floor.

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
OK so they knocked a bigger hole in the wall in one spot AND repainted the floor. I need to get to at least one game this season to see it in person and see if they need to fire the architect or the picture taker.

To be fair, it was 2 spots (one is off camera) plus the club. Also not visible is the exterior (probably a waste of money), the concourses (?), or anything on the event level (also ?). But you can safely assume the architects only drew what the athletic department told them to.

I'm trying to hold judgement until I see it in person. But it's unfortunate that now we wait 15-20 more years for a new arena when it'll probably cost 500 million+ to build (instead of 200 million-ish today).

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We know from their other communications that seats were lost and all lower ones are gone. We know that boxes were put in. We know that entrances ONLY for the boxes were put in. I saw some landscaping going in Sunday when I ran past the new entrances. We know the exterior brick got a stain job. We know parking for basketball and baseball was ultra screwed up last season for both. So what's left for the regular folks, new urinals and toilets I believe I remember? Is there a surprise behind Door Number 3 we don't know about yet? You tell us, what impresses you about a $50m price tag so far?
I haven't been in it yet so I can't say one way or another.

Reactions: Dawg84
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login