The Women’s Basketball Gold Medal Game

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Fair. Dubmass decision was a strong opinion.
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
To me, Clark's turnovers are not a big deal.

If you've watched her play much, it's pretty obvious why they happen. She is always pushing the offense. And she's a rookie point guard on a team she had no experience with and very little practice time with before the season started. Totally different than where she was with that Iowa team.

She's a great pro player right now. No question. If the Olympic team was the best 12 US position players, she's maybe a little outside that, but not much.

I think she should have been on the team, but I can understand why she was left off. Assuming no injury issues she will be a part of multiple Olympic teams. Putting her on this one would have been good for the future of USA basketball. Giving your future star much needed experience.

But they chose their buddy and her 6th gold.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
"for a rookie"... there's that qualifier again. That doesn't mean anything when we're talking about putting together the 12 best players.

Is she the best rookie in the league? Probably, yeah. It's either her or Angel Reese (who I actually do dislike), but they play two totally different roles and positions, so it's hard to directly compare. That doesn't put Clark in the top 12 players in the league though.

Guys, we're talking about two completely different things. I'm not saying that Caitlin Clark won't be one of the best players in the world. She might even end up as one of the best players in the world next season, but right now, she's not one of the 12 best and she damn sure wasn't when the selections were made.

I'm with you though about Taurasi and I've said that in this thread. She shouldn't have been included. I think Arike Ogunbowale would have been the right choice (and that pains me to say even 6 years since the 2018 national championship game).

We're arguing past each other. We basically agree. I just think she's a great player right now. Just needs polish to be clearly one of the very best. That's going to happen.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I don’t even know why Caitlin Clark is or isn’t political, but she didn’t attend the Olympic team tryouts (not her fault, she was playing in the Final Four), so the only real gauge the selection committee had was her time in the WNBA. I don’t know if you’ve watched her in the WNBA (I have), but it hasn’t been incredible. She’s been a good player, but she’s not what she was in college. I think she’ll get there, but not today.
Currently she's ranked 5th in total stats as a rookie after becoming the all time leading scorer in NCAA History. She leads in assists & 5th in 3's made. Dunno what her rank was at selection time however..

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Dude, if you're gonna try to come at me, learn to reply. It's hard for me to take you seriously anyway, but when you do stuff like this, it's impossible.
Not a Surprising Bich Post from someone who seems to spend a lot of time keeping up with and watching WNBA.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Imagine hosting the Olympics and getting to the last two gold metal games and losing both, the last one by having your foot on the line...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Not a Surprising Bich Post from someone who seems to spend a lot of time keeping up with and watching WNBA.
*bitсh (unless you’re phonetically calling be the Vietnamese word for “flange”, which, if you are, good on you)

If you’re trying to shame me for watching the WNBA, it’s not going to work. It’s worth watching. I even go to some Wings games up at UT-Arlington, especially since they traded for McCowan. You should do yourself a favor and go. It’s not far from Fort Worth. The tickets are cheap, the parking is easy, and it’s a fun, low maintenance experience.

orrrrrrrrrr you can continue to argue with me about a subject you know 17all about. Given your history on this board, I have a feeling which one you’ll choose.

Reactions: mstateglfr

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Imagine hosting the Olympics and getting to the last two gold metal games and losing both, the last one by having your foot on the line...

Yeah, but there's just no shame in the way they played. They are good teams, but considering the level of talent they were against, it was top notch.

Two silvers at home is impressive.

Reactions: Dawgg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, but there's just no shame in the way they played. They are good teams, but considering the level of talent they were against, it was top notch.

Two silvers at home is impressive.
I think they did that 4 years ago too

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
*bitсh (unless you’re phonetically calling be the Vietnamese word for “flange”, which, if you are, good on you)

If you’re trying to shame me for watching the WNBA, it’s not going to work. It’s worth watching. I even go to some Wings games up at UT-Arlington, especially since they traded for McCowan. You should do yourself a favor and go. It’s not far from Fort Worth. The tickets are cheap, the parking is easy, and it’s a fun, low maintenance experience.

orrrrrrrrrr you can continue to argue with me about a subject you know 17all about. Given your history on this board, I have a feeling which one you’ll choose.
Unless it's my Lady Dawgs, I'd rather watch paint dry than women's hoops. Clark is being subjected to rudeness due to Jealousy mixed with some hate because she's a white heterosexual in a sport predominately black with a sizeable lesbian presence. Wokesters see her popularity and become unhinged evidenced by comments from sports media, athletes and fans. Yet a poster said similar facts and you called him a "White Knight" and made a big deal outta him misspelling a WOMAN Athlete's Name. So 17ing what? Making.big deals outta spelling, reply errors and playing ridiculous race cards is Quite Bichy and I'd be willing to bet most men who spend the kinda time you do on Women's Hoops have more Bich Traits than those who don't. Speaking Truths and Facts is not *Arguing* IMO. I call it "Education".

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Unless it's my Lady Dawgs, I'd rather watch paint dry than women's hoops. Clark is being subjected to rudeness due to Jealousy mixed with some hate because she's a white heterosexual in a sport predominately black with a sizeable lesbian presence. Wokesters see her popularity and become unhinged evidenced by comments from sports media, athletes and fans. Yet a poster said similar facts and you called him a "White Knight" and made a big deal outta him misspelling a WOMAN Athlete's Name. So 17ing what? Making.big deals outta spelling, reply errors and playing ridiculous race cards is Quite Bichy and I'd be willing to bet most men who spend the kinda time you do on Women's Hoops have more Bich Traits than those who don't. Speaking Truths and Facts is not *Arguing* IMO. I call it "Education".
As we discussed on this board before the Olympics, there are multiple prominent and well-liked straight white women in the WNBA and on the Olympic roster. Neither race nor orientation had anything to do with who was selected onto the team, nor does it drive which players are popular and which aren't.

You freely admit that you don't know or care anything women's basketball at all, but expect people to take your wild, baseless accusations seriously?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
As we discussed on this board before the Olympics, there are multiple prominent and well-liked straight white women in the WNBA and on the Olympic roster. Neither race nor orientation had anything to do with who was selected onto the team, nor does it drive which players are popular and which aren't.

You freely admit that you don't know or care anything women's basketball at all, but expect people to take your wild, baseless accusations seriously?

I agree. Let's not start this ridiculous argument again. There may be jealousy issues with her fame, but too many good white players are respected and treated well to start racism BS.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The last time the USA women's team lost was 1992.

Nineteen. Ninety. Two.

In the interest of accuracy, "in the Olympics" should be added.

They have lost a small number of times in other international events, including the FIBA World Cup.

Reactions: Dawgg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wilson was on fire. She was great this series. It was their decision to leave Clark off. I understand why they did because she has not been in the NBA very long.... still, I think it's a dumb decision, but I understand it

Who needs money? Who needs fans?

Evidently, the women's national basketball team does not. They would would've gotten a ton of money just from the sales of her jersey.

That's the hill they die on. So be it. I don't think her popularity will always be there and they should have struck while the iron was hot.

I think she has played fantastically since the USA team was picked and maybe they are regretting their decision but she will definitely be in Los Angeles in 2028.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Yea, not real crazy about athletes saying things like "God was working today" when you win an athletic event like God was taking sides and their were no believers on the other team. USA was very fortunate to win that game and really got outplayed during a lot of the game. Heck, 2 of the points Wilson scored came off the top of the backboard and down through the hoop. I didn't even think that was a legal basket?
I never get mentioned even though I am the sports guy in terms of celestial beings. Dad hates sports.

Last edited:

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Ya'll must have forgot USAs last loss---Clark-Angel and Ogunwala (sp) busted that ***. Clark had like 19 assists--but She's not good enough for team USA--********.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login