This again

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Wait until we play OSU and a couple other top 25 teams. The same talking heads will be calculating his losses vs. the top teams.

Here’s a tip for them, in order to win a championship, you have to eventually beat good teams.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Well, if Franklin leaves, then PSU can hire Rhule and the negative Nancys here will never, ever have anything to complain about!!
Don't forget the MNC's will start flowing in right away. It's a given even though he is something like 2-16 versus ranked teams himself. Those double standards are easy to talk about until they aren't. Before the Rhule fanatics get all crazy, he's a good coach. I just happen to think PSU is bigger than a middle of the road college coach who failed in NFL and really hasn't done anything of significance in college. Having ties to PSU isn't my bar for hiring a HC, but to each their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUJam and bbrown

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
Wait until we play OSU and a couple other top 25 teams. The same talking heads will be calculating his losses vs. the top teams.

Here’s a tip for them, in order to win a championship, you have to eventually beat good teams.
Thanks, Dr. obvious.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

Franklin laughs at good teams. Cha-Ching.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
It's not out of the realm of possibilties. Question is, how would Florida (in the next few years) fare in the SEC? If it's better than how PSU would fare in the Big Ten, might be worth a move. But, I don't see it - Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU have all consistently better than Florida has been the last 5 years and probably will be for the next 5 years. Tennesse, Ole Miss, aTm, Missouri are almost defintely going to be better than Florida in the next 5 years.

CJF already met the challenge of the SEC when he was at Vandy, but this would be a significantly different set of expectations.

Personally, I don't see him leaving, but at least listening to people. That is always a smart move in any profession.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Sounds like Franklin will be getting another contract upgrade soon.....

At this point I think you do what you can to keep Franklin through the end of his contract. I wouldn’t extend but would maybe bump the salary to be more in-line with peers; consider Mark Stoops and Eli Drinkwitz make more than Franklin. With the 10mm+/yr salary becoming more common, Franklin is a bargain at $8mm/yr. And while I’m ready for a change at HC, continuity at this time is critical IMO to stabilizing the program and positioning it for success in the future.

I do think he’s going to be mentioned a lot this year - there aren’t a lot of guys known for program building these days but there are a lot of mercenaries. Franklin and Rhule are in good spots - not sure Florida is an upgrade but you never know.

Reactions: PSUJam and PSUFBFAN

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
At this point I think you do what you can to keep Franklin through the end of his contract. I wouldn’t extend but would maybe bump the salary to be more in-line with peers; consider Mark Stoops and Eli Drinkwitz make more than Franklin. With the 10mm+/yr salary becoming more common, Franklin is a bargain at $8mm/yr. And while I’m ready for a change at HC, continuity at this time is critical IMO to stabilizing the program and positioning it for success in the future.

I do think he’s going to be mentioned a lot this year - there aren’t a lot of guys known for program building these days but there are a lot of mercenaries. Franklin and Rhule are in good spots - not sure Florida is an upgrade but you never know.
Are you feeling ok?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
It's not out of the realm of possibilties. Question is, how would Florida (in the next few years) fare in the SEC? If it's better than how PSU would fare in the Big Ten, might be worth a move. But, I don't see it - Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU have all consistently better than Florida has been the last 5 years and probably will be for the next 5 years. Tennesse, Ole Miss, aTm, Missouri are almost defintely going to be better than Florida in the next 5 years.

CJF already met the challenge of the SEC when he was at Vandy, but this would be a significantly different set of expectations.

Personally, I don't see him leaving, but at least listening to people. That is always a smart move in any profession.

Since uf is in a swamp, housing should be affordable.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I talk to Gator fans all the time. A few big donors. They are all in on Kiffin, and they want no part of CJF.