This team will be fine…

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
How long will people keep this? Pitching has gotten shelled all season, especially in games one and two this weekend. How long until this team is what it is?
The best two bullpen guys aren’t in the bullpen, as one of them is starting. A juco that was supposed to be counted on can’t locate. Two weekend starters are not pitching and one is out for the season. Our older hitters are wildly inconsistent. Good teams have already figured it out. I could be wrong and they could go on a heater, but I prefer sometimes what you see is what you’re gonna get.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
When this team relaxes and just plays ball and has fun competing they are very very good. They'll get it figured out. It's a new year with a new team chemistry and they are going to have a great year.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We’re going to have smash the baseball. We’re not incapable of doing that, but its a tough way to win series.

Speaking of Walling - what’s the deal again? He had a 4-1 K / BB ratio last year. I wonder why he suddenly can’t throw strikes under Foxhall.

Sep 9, 2012
We’re going to have smash the baseball. We’re not incapable of doing that, but its a tough way to win series.

Speaking of Walling - what’s the deal again? He had a 4-1 K / BB ratio last year. I wonder why he suddenly can’t throw strikes under Foxhall.

He’s not the only guy on the mound who has taken a step back. We’re not getting the most out of our most talented arms, which is a problem when you are down your opening weekend Friday and Saturday starters and your #1 option out of the pen.

Hopefully Fristoe moving the pen will get him going. The numbers haven’t borne this out yet, but to my eyes he looks more comfortable emptying the tank late in games than he does starting.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008

I'm curious about this too. Is Foxhall trying to rebuild the delivery of every pitcher on the roster? And screwed 80% of them up in the head.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
This team is sitting at the bottom of the SEC. Fine is not the standard. We stink and it shows.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Im not sure anyone is flush with pitching. Maybe Vandy because of who they got to campus. But we have had the largest loss of pitching talent in probably conference history between the condensed pitching draft classes (covid). And injuries.

As of now Id take our staff over those rag arms Georgia threw after Connor

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I think it's going to be a struggle to make postseason. Not impossible, but very difficult. This team just isn't playing well enough.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
They lost much of the core/leadership/run output. No way we don’t have a huge hiccup losing all that.

they have zero identity at the moment. Maybe it’ll get better as they gel, but I don’t see any glimpses yet. Probably a below average SEC team this year, that maybe creeps into a regional.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
We have 8 non-conference games left (including governor's cup), need to go 7-1 in those. After that, going 13-17 in SEC I think is possible, would put us at 31-25 overall. That is probably the bare minimum needed to keep us on the right side of the postseason bubble. The pitching injuries we have had would crush even the best teams, and we unfortunately can't fill those roster spots until next season. Goal now is to just scrap together all the wins we can, hope that the hitting and team ERA slowly improves over the next two months. Just make a regional and see what happens when everyone's record resets to 0-0.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
If this team makes a regional, it will be a good year. We lost too many key players from last year, two good pitchers this year and we have a lot of new faces.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I tend to think we end up being at or right under .500 in SEC play. I'll be pretty surprised if we don't get it together enough to at least sneak in as a 3 seed. And we'd be the 2 or 3 seed that nobody wants in their Regional because we have guys who know how to win in the postseason.

13-17 PROBABLY gets you in the NCAAT, might need one win in Hoover. 14-16 and it's a slam dunk. But as others have said, we need to take care of business in the midweek too, and that may be challenge given our lack of pitching depth. And we have some midweek games left that won't be gimmes, not just the Governor's Cup. Should beat Southern U this week but at Memphis next week is a chore given our pitching limitations.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login