Thoughts from a Gamecock fan

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
Good game, guys. I thought y'all looked way way better than you did against LSU. Will Rogers actually looked like Will Rogers yesterday. We had no idea how to cover Griffin. I know you guys are probably down about the defense, but we have some real weapons on offense and I think offense is going to be a strength for us going forwards. Couple of key plays just went out way. I think you guys are definitely going to win your share this year. Good luck the rest of the way, I'll be rooting for you guys to take down Bama next week. Hope you guys that made the trip had a nice time in Columbia.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Good game, guys. I thought y'all looked way way better than you did against LSU. Will Rogers actually looked like Will Rogers yesterday. We had no idea how to cover Griffin. I know you guys are probably down about the defense, but we have some real weapons on offense and I think offense is going to be a strength for us going forwards. Couple of key plays just went out way. I think you guys are definitely going to win your share this year. Good luck the rest of the way, I'll be rooting for you guys to take down Bama next week. Hope you guys that made the trip had a nice time in Columbia.
What did you think about that incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble?

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
What did you think about that incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble?
I don't think you'll find a Gamecock fan that will say that wasn't a fumble. One of those plays where both fanbases can see what they want to see. I thought he lost control of it and then tried to shovel it forward anyways, but that's a fumble by rule. Probably would have stood with whatever the call on the field was. That was a huge moment in the game for sure.

Or the INT after stepping out of bounds?

Still a terrible throw & decision by Will.

I'm not an expert on that rule. On the field they announced that he established himself back in bounds. I really don't know. That was one of the few mistakes Rogers made on the day.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
My hats off to the USC fanbase. Any group of people who can normalize the repeated references to Cocks without a hint of embarrassment have mastered the art of fandom.

Now about that gotdamn rooster recording playing throughout the game. 17 that's annoying. And I wasn't even at the game.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
My hats off to the USC fanbase. Any group of people who can normalize the repeated references to Cocks without a hint of embarrassment have mastered the art of fandom.

Now about that gotdamn rooster recording playing throughout the game. 17 that's annoying. And I wasn't even at the game.
I agree. We at Mississippi State hate loud obnoxious sounds.
1695579735111.png

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The only thing worse than the D3 rooster sound is the Vandy whistler. But it's over played just to make everyone suffer, even the casual college football fan, just like the whistler ruining a nice college baseball game both at the game and on TV/radio.

It's likely that USCe will lose their next 4 games in a row. Some good game film last night that will be used by their opponents.

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
The only thing worse than the D3 rooster sound is the Vandy whistler. But it's over played just to make everyone suffer, even the casual college football fan, just like the whistler ruining a nice college baseball game both at the game and on TV/radio.

It's likely that USCe will lose their next 4 games in a row. Some good game film last night that will be used by their opponents.
Or maybe you're just a sore loser? I promise you if you polled the entire conference about annoying sounds at football games, our rooster would not top the list.

We'll see about 4 games in a row. I think we're much better than you are giving us credit for. We have an excellent QB and our defense isn't as bad as Will Rogers made it look yesterday.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Or maybe you're just a sore loser? I promise you if you polled the entire conference about annoying sounds at football games, our rooster would not top the list.

We'll see about 4 games in a row. I think we're much better than you are giving us credit for. We have an excellent QB and our defense isn't as bad as Will Rogers made it look yesterday.
Isn’t the defense near the bottom of FBS?

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I don't think you'll find a Gamecock fan that will say that wasn't a fumble. One of those plays where both fanbases can see what they want to see. I thought he lost control of it and then tried to shovel it forward anyways, but that's a fumble by rule. Probably would have stood with whatever the call on the field was. That was a huge moment in the game for sure.

I'm not an expert on that rule. On the field they announced that he established himself back in bounds. I really don't know. That was one of the few mistakes Rogers made on the day.

Agree on the fumble that "Probably would have stood with whatever the call on the field was." There was not a good camera angle to confirm or overrule the call on the field.

The interception may also fall into the "Probably would have stood with whatever the call on the field was." If one foot/toe/toenail constitutes establishing back in bounds, it appears his right foot/toe/toenail probably touched before he intercepted the pass.

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
Isn’t the defense near the bottom of FBS?
Yes, but it's a little misleading when the other FBS teams we've played are UNC and Georgia, who are both obviously very talented and top 15 teams. The game yesterday was very weird because if you watched that, you would come away thinking that our secondary is the problem, but that's actually been a strength for us. The reason the defense is ranked so low is because teams have been running all over us.

Agree on the fumble that "Probably would have stood with whatever the call on the field was." There was not a good camera angle to confirm or overrule the call on the field.

The interception may also fall into the "Probably would have stood with whatever the call on the field was." If one foot/toe/toenail constitutes establishing back in bounds, it appears his right foot/toe/toenail probably touched before he intercepted the pass.

They actually confirmed that interception call which means the booth was apparently confident it was the right call. I'm guessing the rule must be that if you touch your foot in bounds, that's enough to re-establish. I'm also wondering if it matters whether your an offensive or defensive player. Because it seems like if a receiver did that, it wouldn't be a legal catch because he's using out of bounds to run a route.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I don't remember hearing a sound like that being played over the intercom of other college games as frequently or as loudly as it is in South Carolina. You hear the elephant trumpet and lion roars at other college stadiums during the game, but you don't listen to them nearly as incessantly as you hear that Gdamn LOUD *** chicken.

We don't play cowbells over the speaker.

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
I don't remember hearing a sound like that being played over the intercom of other college games as frequently or as loudly as it is in South Carolina. You hear the elephant trumpet and lion roars at other college stadiums during the game, but you don't listen to them nearly as incessantly as you hear that Gdamn LOUD *** chicken.

The sound of that rooster doesn't just pierce the air, it penetrates your soul.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

No others that don't even care about football have mentioned the rooster sound randomly over the last 10+ years.

Jax State will be your next win. Just getting you prepared for that

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
No others that don't even care about football have mentioned the rooster sound randomly over the last 10+ years.

Jax State will be your next win. Just getting you prepared for that
I don’t know what our next win will be but I know what our last one was. I just wanted to have a friendly discussion with a fanbase that we have no reason to dislike but you are evidently very upset.

I’ve also never quite understood the strategy of trash talk where you tell the fans of the team that just beat you that they aren’t going to win another game. How is that not just extremely sad for you as well?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You will win another game just not the next 4 based on what I saw talent wise vs the teams you will play in the next 4 games. If Mizzou was at Columbia you guys would win though. Not upset at all just telling you facts that may be hard to hear after getting gashed for 487 passing yards last night at home. 3 of next 4 games won't be fun, but I think the Mizzou game will be close and lost with their 300 lb kicker kicking a 70 yarder to win it.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris4USC

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

correct, the Bama elephant sound is played about 50x less than the 12 year old kid slamming Mountain Dew in the booth at USCe hitting the rooster button 323 times a game.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I don’t know what our next win will be but I know what our last one was. I just wanted to have a friendly discussion with a fanbase that we have no reason to dislike but you are evidently very upset.

I’ve also never quite understood the strategy of trash talk where you tell the fans of the team that just beat you that they aren’t going to win another game. How is that not just extremely sad for you as well?
I mean you come to an opposing teams message board the day after a hard fought game and claim I want to have a friendly discussion. What did you think might happen? I mean no offense, just making an observation.

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
I mean you come to an opposing teams message board the day after a hard fought game and claim I want to have a friendly discussion. What did you think might happen? I mean no offense, just making an observation.
Every other reply is perfectly fine, discussion of the game, how each team looked, penalties, etc. I figured you guys might appreciate an insight on your team from an opponent's perspective and also I generally thought you guys looked much better than last week.

I guess if there are some of you that want to hop in and trash talk saying we won't win another game and we suck, that's fine. I just find it an odd strategy of trash talk.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Every other reply is perfectly fine, discussion of the game, how each team looked, penalties, etc. I figured you guys might appreciate an insight on your team from an opponent's perspective and also I generally thought you guys looked much better than last week.

I guess if there are some of you that want to hop in and trash talk saying we won't win another game and we suck, that's fine. I just find it an odd strategy of trash talk.
No offense, but we don’t give a 17 about you or SCe. We have bigger internal issues to deal with.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022

17 you. You won. Congrats. Go celebrate with the other cocks. You’re a crap program and if our coach hadn’t died we’d have easily beaten your mid team. But he did, so enjoy the win. Just go enjoy it elsewhere. No one invited you here and no one will miss your “insights” when you leave.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022

POTUS beat me to it. I guess you were mistaken and thought somebody wanted to hear your insights. Obviously, this is not the case. So, if you really want a friendly discussion, now would be the time to leave and take your insights with you. Plus, who honestly cares about your insights? Are you the reincarnation of Bear Bryant? If not, please spare us your insights.

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
POTUS beat me to it. I guess you were mistaken and thought somebody wanted to hear your insights. Obviously, this is not the case. So, if you really want a friendly discussion, now would be the time to leave and take your insights with you. Plus, who honestly cares about your insights? Are you the reincarnation of Bear Bryant? If not, please spare us your insights.
I'm actually Nick Saban. This is just my burner. If you show me where the rooster sound hurt you I will try to help heal you

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013

Sorry, Chris. Some of us appreciate rational insight from an opponent's perspective. If it helps, we trash talk and disrespect each other about as badly as we do opponents.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Some, if not most fans on this site are relentlessly negative, and if we lose it means we are terrible and hopeless, which means if we have a close loss our opponent must be terrible and hopeless as well because we would never play close against a good team. So those people are going to think SC sucks because we played them close. We will see as the season unfolds.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I'm actually Nick Saban. This is just my burner. If you show me where the rooster sound hurt you I will try to help heal you
Plus, your very premise is offensive. Either you think we are the dumbest fan base in America or your being disingenuous at best. Coming to the opposing teams' message board the day after a hard-fought controversial victory to have “a friendly discussion” is crap. That is the equivalent to going to a police fund raiser wearing a shirt that says I hate cops and then wondering why people do not want you there. You knew exactly what you were doing and could have given it a couple of days. I have no issue with the Carolina fan base in general or the rooster noise. Every fan base has some annoying tendencies. I have issue with an arrogant a-hole coming and trying to rub a win like the one you guys had last night in our faces while trying to act like you are just being friendly, like we are stupid

Last edited:

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
Plus, your very premise is offensive. Either you think we are the dumbest fan base in America or your being disingenuous at best. Coming to the opposing teams' message board the day after a hard-fought controversial victory to have “a friendly discussion” is crap. That is the equivalent to going to a police fund raiser wearing a shirt that says I hate cops and then wondering why people do not want you there. You knew exactly what you were doing and could have given it a couple of days. I have no issue with the Carolina fan base in general or the rooster noise. Every fan base has some annoying tendencies. I have issue with an arrogant a-hole coming and trying to rub a win like the ones you guys had last night in our faces while trying to act like you are just being friendly, like we are stupid
Look, I wasn't going to post again but I'll respond to this and then dip. Go read my first post on here. I was just coming to wish y'all luck the rest of the way and say I thought there were a lot of positives to take from the game for both sides. We don't play Miss. State that often and I loved Mike Leach, so it was done with the best intentions. I was not trying to "rub a win in". I enjoy interacting with other fanbases, especially those that we don't play that often. Part of the reason I enjoy college football is getting to interact and see people from other areas.

I promise you I will not make the mistake of coming to this board again. In 2016, you guys kicked our butts and I remember talking to a very pleasant Mississippi State fan after the game about it. I appreciated talking to those that wanted to talk. Sorry to those on here that in any way thought I was trying to be a jerk. Peace out.

Aug 31, 2012
Man
Some of you so called bulldogs need to get a life.
I didn’t see one thing wrong with the guys original post.
Flame me if you want to,
But hatred and ignorance won’t fix this football team.
But I’m glad you so called bulldogs finally found someone else to blame instead of our coaches, players, stadium experience, band members, and stinking azz cups

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

You're post is fine. There are a decent number of people on this board who apparently don't even like Will Rogers, so don't be surprised you got touched up a bit.

There are other, "nicer", more expensive MSU boards, but they're not nearly as entertaining. Thick skin is required here.

Honestly, if you'd come on and said "you guys suck azz, Will Rogers has a ******, cowbells are the tools of toothless cousin 17ers and I doubt your pathetic excuse for a Powder Puff team wins an SEC game this year", you'd have received more positive feedback.

We're mostly miserable 17ers with twisted senses of humor. Also, there are quite a few true idiots mixed in.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
YEAH, EASY TO BE CLASSY WHEN YOU WIN**

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It would be something if you were even half as important as you think. I didn't say anything about how your team played. Your WR was great, and the quarterback played a great game. I figured the chicken sound you play 5 million times over the loudspeaker was too loud and too often, but it's your stadium... bye.

\
Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login