Thoughts on Allar injury?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Thinking best case is sprained MCL and out 2 weeks.

Can we beat Huskies without Allar?
That’s what I was thinking also. It was a hip drop tackle because the defender was hanging on and wasn’t successful in bringing him down initially. Those tackles are illegal for that very reason. I don’t know why a) the ref didn’t blow the play dead b) it wasn’t a flag for the tackle or the facemask by the second or third guy. Regardless, I’m not sure it would be necessarily a bad thing to play with that injury, but it is pretty painful and it is his plant leg when throwing.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
That’s what I was thinking also. It was a hip drop tackle because the defender was hanging on and wasn’t successful in bringing him down initially. Those tackles are illegal for that very reason. I don’t know why a) the ref didn’t blow the play dead b) it wasn’t a flag for the tackle or the facemask by the second or third guy. Regardless, I’m not sure it would be necessarily a bad thing to play with that injury, but it is pretty painful and it is his plant leg when throwing.
There is nothing in college rules around hip drop tackles…that’s an NFL rule.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I thought it odd that, even on replays, the TV announcers couldn't see the injury happen. It seemed evident that his knee buckled inward

Reactions: 94LionsFan

olelion

Oct 31, 2021
I don't know. He was animated during the second half and all happy face after the game and moving quite freely. Maybe the MCL thing is worst case, with all due respect to the doctor

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Except the NFL referees aren’t really tossing flags for it, see Chris Godwin’s dislocated ankle last weekend!
They have but it isn’t a routine call. Joe Mixon was pretty outspoken that his injury was a result of it. The players are getting fined for it even if not flagged.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
I can’t tell from the film what his injury may be. If it bent inwards I suppose it could be an MCL sprain, but it could also be meniscus, bone contusion or other ligament injury. Or any combination of those. Just not enough information picture/video wise to tell anything (coming from someone with years of experience in imaging of sports related injuries).

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
Thinking best case is sprained MCL and out 2 weeks.

Can we beat Huskies without Allar?
I would assume medical evaluation early in the week. we could all see the twisted knee and then a brace. could be a lot of things with different recovery outcomes.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Pure for the fun of it speculation....knee brace applied and in possession of his helmet, Allar is asked if he feels he can "go" and be effective. Allar admits he's too compromised. So my 2 cents is he was evaluated and approved to return to play. The kid knew he wouldn't be accurate given the discomfort and loss of function. Bet he feels even more discomfort today. I think he might be close to 90% by Washington.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Pure for the fun of it speculation....knee brace applied and in possession of his helmet, Allar is asked if he feels he can "go" and be effective. Allar admits he's too compromised. So my 2 cents is he was evaluated and approved to return to play. The kid knew he wouldn't be accurate given the discomfort and loss of function. Bet he feels even more discomfort today. I think he might be close to 90% by Washington.
I suspect he'll get an MRI tomorrow

Reactions: Marshall2323
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login