Thoughts on Week 1 Depth Chart?

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
We have some nice pieces across the board. Obviously, the issue is depth past the 1-2 deep.

Biggest question mark is the lines. If they can at least be mediocre we are looking at 6+ wins.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
The biggest surprise for me is Nic Mitchell being listed as OR next to John Lewis. Lewis is supposed to be one of our studs on D. So either he’s been underperforming or Mitchell is a huge surprise.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Kelly A is reportedly injured; Pittman is "no longer with the team" due to an "internal matter."

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I really hope we can spread the ball around enough to keep our WR room intact. I'd hate to see some of these guys get lost in the depth chart and transfer out. I hope Stonka and Craver both get to see a lot of action Saturday night and maybe JJ will see the field too

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
4 transfers on the OL. That will determine the season, good or bad.
Uh Huh Yes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
I've heard so many good things about Seydou Traore but he's not the clear cut TE?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’m surprised we are relying this heavily on offensive transfers given how well Leach recruited
I said, for "good or bad". I'm not predicting anything, due specifically to the portal.

Maybe your hero Arnett shouldn’t have run off Percy Lewis the starting LT for Auburn
Don't know if it was Lebby or Arnett, but yeah. And Losoya. And 2 other depth guys that were freshmen last year. And then Arnett definitely ran off some freshmen the year before that, 4 to be exact.

These guys are clowns, man. In this day and age, you can no longer blame the previous coach, and the new coach takes in much more of the blame. This isn't 2012.

Reactions: 85Bears

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Biggest weakness IMO is CB depth. I’ve heard good things about Kelley Jones but if Brumfield and others see the field I’d be concerned.

Reactions: BirdPuppy

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I said, for "good or bad". I'm not predicting anything, due specifically to the portal.

Don't know if it was Lebby or Arnett, but yeah. And Losoya. And 2 other depth guys that were freshmen last year. And then Arnett definitely ran off some freshmen the year before that, 4 to be exact.

These guys are clowns, man. In this day and age, you can no longer blame the previous coach, and the new coach takes in much more of the blame. This isn't 2012.
A couple contradictory opinions in here Goat, but hopefully in 5 days we can put it all aside and just discuss Lebby and national championships.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
A couple contradictory opinions in here Goat, but hopefully in 5 days we can put it all aside and just discuss Lebby and national championships.
There are other issues that give me concern about this staff. I sense a lot of people know what they are.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020

two Corner Backs who would be starting but were run off are Decarlos Nicholson at USC and Audavion Collins at Penn State. Yea some talent was here but someone didn’t know what they were doing.

Reactions: Paulie

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Lee must have really developed. He was probably going to be starter. Dude is fast.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
4 transfers on the OL. That will determine the season, good or bad.
Picking up Pounders from Memphis for our blindside T is huge. He is very experienced and played very well for the Tigers. He was expected to protect a good QB in Henigan this year. So Pounders was a big loss for them. They possibly could be a playoff team if a few games go in their favor.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login