To All the Morons Slobbing on a 17-17 Coach’s Pirate Plank

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Tell why do you think he’ll succeed when his offense has regressed in year 3 and fanbase apathy is at an all time low since Croom. We’re at Ben Howland of football level.

But hey he tweets funny pics and makes funny rants, forget 7-5 every year this is all worth it! ***

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Confused Cat GIF by TikTok

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think the majority of MSU fans have lost faith in this system routinely scoring points

Thats fine. But no offensive system at Mississippi State has routinely scored points. Ever.

Dan Mulllen’s 2017 team, in year 9, put up a whole FG against UGA and that was it. Until we have better players, we won’t ever have a consistent offense in this league. And that’s not a Leach problem, a Moorhead problem, a Mullen problem, or a Croom problem. Its an MSU problem.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Tell why do you think he’ll succeed when his offense has regressed in year 3 and fanbase apathy is at an all time low since Croom. We’re at Ben Howland of football level.

But hey he tweets funny pics and makes funny rants, forget 7-5 every year this is all worth it! ***
I know Tenn had a stinker vs UGA … but I thought we played them as tough…even with our mistakes.

Game was over after the ******** PI call on our DB who was getting drove and dug into

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Weird flex. This game was lost 3 to 4 years ago on the recruiting trail. Blaming Leach because we don’t have the players to compete with Bama / UGA / etc. is like Florida Marlins fans blaming their manager when all the best free agents sign with the Yankees over them.
Oh please it’s year 17ing 3. It’s his recruits all over the field and he can completely flip a roster through the portal. It’s his own damn fault

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Thats fine. But no offensive system at Mississippi State has routinely scored points. Ever.

Dan Mulllen’s 2017 team, in year 9, put up a whole FG against UGA and that was it. Until we have better players, we won’t ever have a consistent offense in this league. And that’s not a Leach problem, a Moorhead problem, a Mullen problem, or a Croom problem. Its an MSU problem.
What did that offense do against teams like that **** UK team we lost to this year?

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I think the majority of MSU fans have lost faith in this system routinely scoring points
There was a time when I dreamed of 7-5 records and a bowl. But I'm tired of the dinking and dunking. It's possible a future more mobile may make the system more exciting. But I wonder if Leach would even let a qb with that ability run a little?

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Let’s look at the facts:

recruiting: regressing
offense: regressing
WRs: regressing
Rogers: regresssing

We hired this moron for his offense and it’s clearly not going to work here.

Reactions: patdog

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I think it’s just time for some of you guys to admit you don’t like leach and the style of offense. Because from a production standpoint, state just had more yards than TN did against Georgia last week.

I don’t like the offense and wouldn’t care if Leach left tomorrow but he’s not doing a bad job. We will have a chance at 8 wins and a decent bowl. If lane didn’t have OM rolling, you guys would be much more content.

Sloppy Joe was an outlier, state is not going to run coaches off who win 7 games a year.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
I think it’s just time for some of you guys to admit you don’t like leach and the style of offense. Because from a production standpoint, state just had more yards than TN did against Georgia last week.
Correct I like an offense that scores and puts up points vs a dog **** team like UK.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

Dan Mulllen’s 2017 team, in year 9, put up a whole FG against UGA and that was it. Until we have better players, we won’t ever have a consistent offense in this league. And that’s not a Leach problem, a Moorhead problem, a Mullen problem, or a Croom problem. It’s an MSU problem.
Can’t argue that point, but OM has cracked this nut on more than one occasion, so we’ve also got to stop acting like it’s impossible.

When our fans start comparing ourselves to Bama, LSU, etc, I’m fine with calling out the lunacy. But the only thing standing in our way of progress at this point is accepting the status quo. Leach + Rogers in ‘23 is going to get us another 7 win season which is exactly what we’re gonna get, and it’s also why apathy is slowly creeping in on me. We don’t even pretend to try to adapt

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
If this was 10 years ago with Leach we would be great. As soon as NIL came along I knew college football was over. We still call it college football, but we are a small cap organization.
Welp guess we should just quit then because Croomedmypants said so…

look around college football. TCU is on the brink on making the playoffs and are doing so with less talent than us. Ole miss (who is on the same plying field with us when it comes to money) is about to have back to back 10 win seasons. But our fans just like to make excuses and roll over.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
No he didn’t and his teams didn’t look inept even when Cam came in 2010. They lost on a miracle comeback in 2010, I guarantee you we lose by double digits in two weeks.
My error, he started at Bama on ‘07. The ‘06 loss wasn’t his.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I still believe in this offense and Leach's philosophy. I think he has learned how important a scrambling QB is in the SEC. I hoped for a win last night but expected what we got. If you watched the Ole Miss game and then ours you saw Saban run a lot of the same sets we did. You also saw the difference between Rogers and Young. Young ran lateral to pull defenders then completed passes. Rogers ran away and heaved the ball out of bounds. Rogers does not have the toughness needed to play against good defenses. He loses concentration and composure. The mental and physical toughness aren't there.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

patdog

May 28, 2007
You’ll never get a straight answer from them. They’ll just keep moving the goal post.

Leach’s offense is the talent equalizer we need to compete against the top SEC teams
His offense is really pretty simple so he’ll hit the ground running the 1st year.
everyone knows with Leach, year 2 is the breakout year.
Everyone knows with Leach, year 3 is the breakout year.
We’re losing these games because of talent. Got to give Leach time to recruit his players.
With Leach, it’s usually about year 7 that he really puts up a huge season.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

A lot of these guys will fight you over a wood pellet grill and some crypto currency. They just don't care much about sports. Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy a wood pellet grill argument too.
This isn't GenesPage. And honestly, I'm happy about that. It's a mix of sports, leisure, unusual things, and satire. Or SLUTS.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
A lot of these guys will fight you over a wood pellet grill and some crypto currency. They just don't care much about sports. Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy a wood pellet grill argument too.
This isn't GenesPage. And honestly, I'm happy about that. It's a mix of sports, leisure, unusual things, and satire. Or SLUTS.
why so serious joker GIF

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Weird flex. This game was lost 3 to 4 years ago on the recruiting trail. Blaming Leach because we don’t have the players to compete with Bama / UGA / etc. is like Florida Marlins fans blaming their manager when all the best free agents sign with the Yankees over them.
This isn’t relevant in NIL times. This game was lost when Cohen hired Leach.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

1- His offense hasn't regressed. Like the run game is producing 2 x the yard from year one. and 50% from year 2.

2- Well.. no need in going any farther

Rezdog

Oct 25, 2015

All of y'all like to ***** and whine, but this is the only correct answer. I don't give a damn who you hire as coach. If you can't get better players you'll never be worth a damn.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Welp guess we should just quit then because Croomedmypants said so…

look around college football. TCU is on the brink on making the playoffs and are doing so with less talent than us. Ole miss (who is on the same plying field with us when it comes to money) is about to have back to back 10 win seasons. But our fans just like to make excuses and roll over.
I’m not giving up. I agree with you. I’ll continue to pull for the maroon and white, with the understanding that we are unlikely to have enough NIL contributions to punch above our level unless we strike gold with overlooked recruits like Dak. Coaching can take you a little further, but Ole Miss and all their glory couldn’t beat a handicapped Alabama team. That’s why Lane may leave for Auburn. All about the Benjamins.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login