Today helped or hurt Arnett’s case to return next year?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Helped. If we get 2 more wins and they look terrible in the process he will still come back. I'm assuming USM will be a win so got to grind out one more SEC win. I'm not fired up btw concerning our staff.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
That's beyond pathetic. The main reason is because we won due to Thomas not getting set!
We lined up to go for it on fourth when we hadn’t all game and the only thing I could think of was “Orgeron 2007 Egg Bowl 2.0. He’s digging his own grave”.

Reactions: Ibdancin

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
The decisions he made to take delay of game penalties twice on fourth and short on their side of the field, and then to decide to go for it on fourth down in the second half while up 7-3 on our side of the field, is asinine coaching. He got bailed out by a very questionable flag for a WR false start/not set penalty on us, otherwise we lose this game on that one coaching decision alone. If he doesn’t make a bowl game this year especially considering how many returning starters he had, he should be fired for sure.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
He was always going to be here next year. But if there was ever any question before, there’s none now.

Reactions: Dawgbite

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Regardless about Arnett this win had to help the mental stability of the team. Defense played their *** off. Arkansas average 22 a game and our defense held them to three and they needed help with a turnover to get those three. I just want Arnett and the coaching staff to improve each game.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
What say you?
He needs to be gone regardless. In true MSU fashion, he’ll win 5 and get another year.

What would change my opinion? Any life whatsoever on the recruiting trail.

I just watched two south Alabama studs play against each other last night and both are going to auburn.

I’m going to keep saying it. IDGAF what you think of him, he’s reeling in talent and I’m seeing it first hand.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Two edged sword. It probably helped due to it being a road win in the SEC. But in the long run it set the program back a year for recovery. If he can get to 7-5 then I'll jump on his bandwagon.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Unfortunately it helped. We aren’t firing him now. Wasn’t even a possibility unless we went 4-8 and doesn’t look like we will, so….

Reactions: basedawg

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Regardless about Arnett this win had to help the mental stability of the team. Defense played their *** off. Arkansas average 22 a game and our defense held them to three and they needed help with a turnover to get those three. I just want Arnett and the coaching staff to improve each game.

Even holding a bad team to 3 points is a damn good job. I haven't seen our guys play that hard all year. When you consider the short field we gave them for their only 3 points it's even more impressive.

I really wish we'd given our other backs some touches today, especially after Marks went down early. He never should have come back in.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I’m going to disagree there. I think Arkansas was the easiest win and Auburn is a bad matchup.
Maybe so but Arkansas has played close games against everyone. Auburn not so much. Auburn has played a very similar season to us

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Even holding a bad team to 3 points is a damn good job. I haven't seen our guys play that hard all year. When you consider the short field we gave them for their only 3 points it's even more impressive.

I really wish we'd given our other backs some touches today, especially after Marks went down early. He never should have come back in.
I wish Pittman would have gotten in. He needs the snaps but he probably wasn't 100% either. The Freshman looked good what few plays in got in.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Defense may have improved, but it’s hard to tell because arky was so bad. I’m leaning toward these guys can’t coach a lick if this game represents 2 weeks of practicing to improve on weaknesses. I’m not sure what they practiced offensively…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Defense may have improved, but it’s hard to tell because arky was so bad. I’m leaning toward these guys can’t coach a lick if this game represents 2 weeks of practicing to improve on weaknesses. I’m not sure what they practiced offensively…
I think they game plan was ball control runnin game. Very much like Florida in 2010 with Relf. We really limited the playbook today and decided to keep on on the ground s lot and only throw when we needed to. To keep the defense off the field.

Reactions: 8dog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login