Trouble on the plains?

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
It's actually not a terrible deal for the athletic directors. It gives them a free out of the buyout if they can plausibly claim they didn't know. You just risk a Petrino situation. But I think I don't think Auburn would fire a good coach because of that. They'd tell him to pay hush money to the girl and just take the PR hit for a little while.

But if you're a coach with a $30M contract, you're a 17ing idiot to keep your sidepiece on staff. Set up a side business and make your side piece the manager and your personal assistant. Claim you're doing it that way because you can't use a school employee on your personal business and it's easier to have a personal assistant that can keep track of both. If you're in a college town, it'd be easy as **** to go buy a half dozen rental properties. Then have your side piece manage those and advertise for rental management services.

Good points all.

$30M would provide many options that are much better than Auburn University employee "Personal Assistant to the Head Football Coach." That's just stupid.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Best exit by a "shamed" coach there will ever be

[FONT=&quot]"If you come to Destin, we’ve got a little suntan lotion for you boys," Orgeron said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Orgeron offered one final "Go Tigers," then turned to his girlfriend while exiting the podium.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"C'mon baby, let's go," Orgeron said. "See y'all later."[/FONT]

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don’t think you’ll see Hugh Freeze in the SEC again.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
That may have been what put Bobby Lowder on his plane. But Tubbs left Auburn after 2008.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login