Trying to watch Sec+ channels…

Aug 24, 2012
I’m trying to watch away MSU baseball games, but since I cut the cord and have YouTube tv.it’s nearly impossible.
I have the ESPN app but can not watch Sec+ channels without xfinity. Has any discovered a low price solution?

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Those games are free on the app, I cant imagine what difference a carrier makes. Thats wild if so. I had a problem with mine also but my fix was to log out of directv streaming and then log back in and it started to work.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
You can watch anything that is listed as SECN+ using YoutubeTV credentials. I've noticed that the ESPN app is bad about erroneously telling you that the game is not included as part of your package. Sometimes you have to click on it several times before it starts working correctly.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You can watch anything that is listed as SECN+ using YoutubeTV credentials. I've noticed that the ESPN app is bad about erroneously telling you that the game is not included as part of your package. Sometimes you have to click on it several times before it starts working correctly.
Yes, sometimes you have to try it several different ways. Also, make sure the credentials you log into the app with are YTTV, and not your ISP or a former streaming service (ESPN will sometimes pick up my ISP). Scroll way down on the app until you get to channels (under conferences I think) and arrow over to SEC+

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Other than the one weekend in Texas early this year (that d1 tournament I'm forgetting the name of) I've been able to watch every State game using the ESPN+ app with Hulu credentials.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This is slightly off topic but has anyone tried "Breaking Cable." A guy I work with uses that and says he can watch anything. It's pretty cheap too. I am thinking of getting a month just to try it out

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I love plugging my phone in to the tv for it to tell me that because i could record the game, they won’t let me watch it

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I’m trying to watch away MSU baseball games, but since I cut the cord and have YouTube tv.it’s nearly impossible.
I have the ESPN app but can not watch Sec+ channels without xfinity. Has any discovered a low price solution?
You have to change your provider on your account.

bassdawg

Aug 23, 2012
I use YouTubeTV with the ESPN app as well. The app can very contrary. Usually brings up a message that the program isn’t part of my package (which it damn well is). Sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries to connect. Always work, but you gotta be persistent.

fevans

Aug 27, 2012
I use YouTubeTV with the ESPN app as well. The app can very contrary. Usually brings up a message that the program isn’t part of my package (which it damn well is). Sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries to connect. Always work, but you gotta be persistent.
As others have said, you should have access to all games on the espn app using your yttv credentials. I have had issues in the past where I was logged in with my yttv account, but it still didn't work. I was able to get it working by logging out of my provider in the app and logging in again.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
This is slightly off topic but has anyone tried "Breaking Cable." A guy I work with uses that and says he can watch anything. It's pretty cheap too. I am thinking of getting a month just to try it out
I'm not sure I would want a company like this having my cc number. This is also considered an 'IPTV' provider and it's unclear to me if it is even legal. Here is one video on the subject.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
I need somebody on here to tell me that they also get the white screen of death when they try to watch a game on the app. I can watch anything at anytime on my laptop, but when I use the app on my phone, it is probably 75% of the time that I get a blank screen, no matter WHAT I try to do, unless I want to watch a cricket game in South Wales...the obscure crap comes in just fine. I have Disney+, Hulu, etc... and YTTV as my provider. It's maddening.

was21

May 29, 2007
It can certainly be frustrating. I've experienced it as well. Those channels can be accessed through the ESPN app. Make sure that you sign in with YouTubeTV and that your sign in to ESPN app is tied to your YouTubeTV account, if that makes sense. I may not be explaining it correctly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login