Twitter talk of OC. Any truth to this?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Really doesn’t tell me anything more than I’ve expected since Arnett was named coach. We’ll get an OC soon after the bowl game. I would hope we’ll be pleased.

Reactions: Duke Humphrey

yjnkdawg

Sep 6, 2013
It sounds good but he doesn't say who it is and anybody that is being considered for the OC postion meets that criteria.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
It sounds good but he doesn't say who it is and anybody that is being considered for the OC postion meets that criteria.
Because that account doesn’t know fuckall and is trying to pretend to be in the know and get internet cred. Watch this.

“I’ve heard from someone who would know that Arnett has his guy and it will be announced before the next signing period. Air Raid background who is gonna be a big get for our offense.”

I have absolutely no idea who Arnett will hire, mainly because Arnett likely hasn’t talked to everyone he wants to yet. But everything I said will be true and I can pretend to be an insider.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Well, we will know if there is an OC soon enough. Unless your name is Zach Arnett, you have zero clue who it will be. It could be someone already on staff or it could be an outside hire. Anything else is pure speculation, and you all know it. Arnett is a guy who sets priorities-he has stated his priorities as follows-(1) make sure the players on the roster are okay following the death of Mike Leach.
(2) Finish the recruiting class as well as they can following the death of Mike Leach, and
(3) Get prepared to win the bowl game
Arnett has never mentioned staff changes as far as I can tell. He may hire from the outside or he may promote someone already on staff. He’s the only one who knows at this point, but I trust him to make whatever decisions necessary to move our program forward as best he can. He’s a very intelligent dude and he knows what he wants-and I don’t think he has to be in a hurry to make any changes, whatever they may be. Zach is one of the most intelligent football coaches I have seen, and I trust him to do whatever is best for our program. Just relax and let him do his job.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I totally agree with this guy but anybody could put that out there as I've been guessing what this guy apparently already "knows". I think it's gonna be a splashy hire, known commodity kinda guy and it'll make news cuz he's basically gonna be taking over Leach's duties at STATE and any OC looking to make a move is gonna feel honored to take this job. Media will make a pretty big deal out of it because they'll wanna bring up everybody's favorite coach Mike Leach again.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Get ready for a transformation. Grandson of former MSU HC Emory Bellard to be announced. “We ain’t going belly up”

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Well, we will know if there is an OC soon enough. Unless your name is Zach Arnett, you have zero clue who it will be. It could be someone already on staff or it could be an outside hire. Anything else is pure speculation, and you all know it. Arnett is a guy who sets priorities-he has stated his priorities as follows-(1) make sure the players on the roster are okay following the death of Mike Leach.
(2) Finish the recruiting class as well as they can following the death of Mike Leach, and
Arnett has never mentioned staff changes as far as I can tell. He may hire from the outside or he may promote someone already on staff. He’s the only one who knows at this point, but I trust him to make whatever decisions necessary to move our program forward as best he can. He’s a very intelligent dude and he knows what he wants-and I don’t think he has to be in a hurry to make any changes, whatever they may be. Zach is one of the most intelligent football coaches I have seen, and I trust him to do whatever is best for our program. Just relax and let him do his job.
I’m willing to bet there are a number of people besides Zach Arnett who have a pretty good idea who might be the next offensive coordinator.

Mark Keenum
Bracky Brett
Other coaches on staff
Staff members who aren’t coaches
The candidate themselves
Some media members/staff

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I'm not sure what waiting until after the bowl game gets you if it is an inside hire. Seems it would be best to get it done and get speculation and distraction out of the way.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Like Littrell?
Actually I have done some research on Littrell and maybe I was a bit hasty assuming he would not be a good fit. He has had some impressive offensive improvements at several stops along his career. Texas Tech, Arizona, Indiana and NC. I might could get behind that choice. He seems to adjust to his players strengths too.

tribaldawg

Sep 1, 2012
Because that account doesn’t know fuckall and is trying to pretend to be in the know and get internet cred. Watch this.

“I’ve heard from someone who would know that Arnett has his guy and it will be announced before the next signing period. Air Raid background who is gonna be a big get for our offense.”

I have absolutely no idea who Arnett will hire, mainly because Arnett likely hasn’t talked to everyone he wants to yet. But everything I said will be true and I can pretend to be an insider.
Not exactly going to be a "do you remember the time @TheDrillField predicted we would hire an OC with good stats" kind of prediction. I'm not sure why these attention seekers keep throwing out generic info that my grandmother could predict. If you have information and want the credit then give up who it is or just be quiet.

Edit: Actually just talked to my grandmother. She has confirmed that if the announcement is next week that it will be on Monday or Tuesday. If not, she thinks it will be on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. She said it will not be on the weekend unless it is announced on Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned as I will be updating you guys as I get more information.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I like the Air Raid. I'm fine with a few more rushing attempts, though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login