Twitter talk of OC. Any truth to this?

yjnkdawg

Sep 6, 2013
I wonder if Spurrier Jr has been told he’s not in the running for the OC position or is aware of the the rumors? I just hope he’s all in on the up coming bowl game since he’s calling the plays.

The players and the coaches want to win this bowl game especially in honor of CML. So everybody should be all in.

Last edited:

yjnkdawg

Sep 6, 2013
The Hatch Attack meets my criteria. I approve if we can get him
Hatcher definitely has an interest in the position . Now whether CZA has a similar interest, I don't know. I'm for the Hatch Attack too. If that's the direction CZA wants to go - "Basketball on grass".

yjnkdawg

Sep 6, 2013
I'm not sure what waiting until after the bowl game gets you if it is an inside hire. Seems it would be best to get it done and get speculation and distraction out of the way.
It's definitely not an inside hire for OC. So the speculation will continue.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I think we'll have an idea who the OC is this weekend. Or at least a decent idea. The staff knows who is coming back already. We know we've hired a couple staff members already. It's getting close. Maybe the Houston OC (Dawson), maybe the Duke OC (Johns), maybe Hatcher. I like Arnett, so hopefully he snags a good OC.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I like Arnett too of course. But if he gets rid of Spurrier and the rest of Leachs guys he needs to hit a homerun. I understand it's his program now and you can't blame him if he hires his guys. I figure that will be the first priority after the bowl game. That and looking into the portal a little more

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
I like Arnett too of course. But if he gets rid of Spurrier and the rest of Leachs guys he needs to hit a homerun. I understand it's his program now and you can't blame him if he hires his guys. I figure that will be the first priority after the bowl game. That and looking into the portal a little more
People have bitched about the system, the splits, the routes, the noodle qb, the running game etc for 3 years. Why would Arnett stay with the status quo?

The only way that would/should have happened would be if he had carried the interim tag into next season. But Leach isn’t here to call the plays so it makes no sense to keep many of those guys around. You don’t hand the keys to the new guy and then screw him over by not letting him make any hires or his own.
And saying he HAS to hit a HR is not fair either. It is always a gamble and even if we get a wizard in here they still have to roll with the players they inherit next year anyway.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
People have bitched about the system, the splits, the routes, the noodle qb, the running game etc for 3 years. Why would Arnett stay with the status quo?

The only way that would/should have happened would be if he had carried the interim tag into next season. But Leach isn’t here to call the plays so it makes no sense to keep many of those guys around. You don’t hand the keys to the new guy and then screw him over by not letting him make any hires or his own.
And saying he HAS to hit a HR is not fair either. It is always a gamble and even if we get a wizard in here they still have to roll with the players they inherit next year anyway.
Well....if he gets rid of everybody and next year we have a ****** offense it will reflect directly on him. People on this board complaining is normal. Our offense is not bad as it is now. The posters here ***** about everything regardless. I have seen much worse State offenses. But thank you for your opinion

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well....if he gets rid of everybody and next year we have a ****** offense it will reflect directly on him. People on this board complaining is normal. Our offense is not bad as it is now. The posters here ***** about everything regardless. I have seen much worse State offenses. But thank you for your opinion
Or how bout we wait and see what happens.
I know I know…. It’s a message board but damn just let it play out.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Not anywhere did I say he wouldn’t be responsible. But the Leach crew had 3 years and most of you weren’t happy with the results. Sure, ZA may make ****** hires and the offense may not be any better but you can’t hire a guy and then name his staff for him. Not the way it works.

and BTW, the offense probably will suck because we most likely are stuck with Rogers for another year.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Not anywhere did I say he wouldn’t be responsible. But the Leach crew had 3 years and most of you weren’t happy with the results. Sure, ZA may make ****** hires and the offense may not be any better but you can’t hire a guy and then name his staff for him. Not the way it works.

and BTW, the offense probably will suck because we most likely are stuck with Rogers for another year.
Your dislike of Will Rogers is tiresome. No, he’s not a great quarterback, but he’s a hell of a lot better than what we’ve had in the past (other than Dak). We know you don’t like him. You don’t have to bring it up in every other thread.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login