Twitter talk of OC. Any truth to this?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Actually I have done some research on Littrell and maybe I was a bit hasty assuming he would not be a good fit. He has had some impressive offensive improvements at several stops along his career. Texas Tech, Arizona, Indiana and NC. I might could get behind that choice. He seems to adjust to his players strengths too.
I like Littrell because he's been apart of a lot of balanced high scoring offenses. With that being said, I feel like if it was him he would have been announced already.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
The guy could very well end up being a great hire, but I expect us to be disappointed from a name and resume standpoint. I've been tuned in to Mississippi State football for the better part of three decades, and I can't recall one time ever being excited about an Offensive Coordinator hire.

Someone did tell me that I NEEDED to be excited about Morris Watts though....

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The guy could very well end up being a great hire, but I expect us to be disappointed from a name and resume standpoint. I've been tuned in to Mississippi State football for the better part of three decades, and I can't recall one time ever being excited about an Offensive Coordinator hire.

Someone did tell me that I NEEDED to be excited about Morris Watts though....
Who gives a sh*t about name and resume. Joe Moorhead says hello.

State is not an 'image' program. Get used to that. As long as the offense is different, the OC is hungry, and it fits with our defense, it's fine.

In addition, get used to constantly moving OC's in and out, just like we did with DC's under Danny Shorts. And again, as long as it meets criteria above, who cares. Just go holler at Bartoo and get the next one.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He was a quarterback at Valdosta State, and his OC was Mike Leach.

That said, he utilizes a TE, runs the ball more, goes with more tempo, and his QBs take more shots downfield. So it's definitely an evolved version of the air raid.
I'd be okay with that. He certainly has the experience. I like that he is more open to running tight ends, taking shots, some qb runs. I just watched some high lights from their game against Florida last year. Impressive although Florida's defense was trash last year.

Reactions: Dawg1976 and Drebin

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I would prefer more deep shots to take the top pff the defense and open space up. Not sure you need a tight end per say. Most of these explosive tight ends are just big guys playing in the slot. Not from the old school tight end spot.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I like Littrell because he's been apart of a lot of balanced high scoring offenses. With that being said, I feel like if it was him he would have been announced already.
You won't hear anything until after the bowl game regardless of the hire. No distractions, no changes

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I wonder if Spurrier Jr has been told he’s not in the running for the OC position or is aware of the the rumors? I just hope he’s all in on the up coming bowl game since he’s calling the plays.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I would prefer more deep shots to take the top pff the defense and open space up. Not sure you need a tight end per say. Most of these explosive tight ends are just big guys playing in the slot. Not from the old school tight end spot.
They're also blockers. Very important in the run game, and very important in the short passing game. It's something this offense has sorely missed.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Either way with Hatcher offense, we will have will running it next year. Watching Sanford, even their qb has more scramble ability.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Littrell is looking for a job. Hatch is probly looking for a head coach gig. But if he plays his cards right he could get in the SEC and would have more opportunity

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I won't be surprised if we have a situation where Hatcher and Miller are some sort of Co-OC to keep Miller.

Reactions: Dawgtini

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Hatcher's been a HC now for good while currently making $2.1M at Samford. Ain't seein' it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Steve seems to think it's some one from the outside and staff changes are coming on offense and bumphis might be a possibility. Not sure what he is hearing from inside

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I wonder if Spurrier Jr has been told he’s not in the running for the OC position or is aware of the the rumors? I just hope he’s all in on the up coming bowl game since he’s calling the plays.
Why would it matter? If he's out on being our OC wouldn't he want to call a good game to put it on his resume? As a coach and competitor I'd always want to do my best regardless of the situation.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Why would it matter? If he's out on being our OC wouldn't he want to call a good game to put it on his resume? As a coach and competitor I'd always want to do my best regardless of the situation.
You would think but if your heart is not in it….maybe not.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If it was Spurrier , we’d already know it.

yjnkdawg

Sep 6, 2013
It will probably leak out prior too, but it won't be officially announced by MSU until after our bowl game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login