UGA buddy sent me this

hillna2

Feb 2, 2022
I mean Justin King did these videos in the early 2010's. There's a really good one from us beating UGA in 2012. So not sure what you're referencing in us getting to "this level?"

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
I mean Justin King did these videos in the early 2010's. There's a really good one from us beating UGA in 2012. So not sure what you're referencing in us getting to "this level?"
I mean the level of play where we go into the #1 team's stadium and handily defeat them. Those 3 good Spurrier years are getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror. Today's freshmen were 7 in 2013, the seniors were 11. Quite a lot of the fans who enjoyed our lone conference championship are dead now and the ones who are still alive are on Medicare.

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024

The single greatest Gamecock football performance in history. An absolute *** whooping on the grandest stage. Still makes my eyes water. They're watering now.

Now that was a BIG win. That game turned a lot of UGA fans against Richt. They were disgusted with how unprepared UGA looked after they had been led to believe the team was going to be something special. They won out in the regular season but the blush was off the rose for a lot of UGA fans.

All we had to do was beat either LSU or UF and we would have won the East but UGA didn't lose again and were East winners. That was peak Spurrier.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
This is my definition of a "big win". Will Carolina ever get to this level?

We've had a few big wins the past dozen years. I'd count a win against a top 15 opponent as "big."

2022 at #8 Clemson
2022 #5 Tennessee
2022 at #13 Kentucky
2020 #15 Auburn
2019 at #3 Georgia
2014 #6 Georgia
2013 #6 Clemson
2013 at #5 Missouri

Obviously we didn't turn any of these wins into championships or even long-term success. It's also kinda sad that these are our only top 15 wins in the past 12 seasons. But we have had some really good/big wins in that timeframe.

If only winning by double digits on the road against #1 counts as a big win for you, then the chances of any program doing that consistently are pretty slim. That's especially true for a program like South Carolina.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login