UGA buddy sent me this

kidrobinski

Jan 30, 2022
"Imagining" and "knowing" are 2 different things. I would not be putting Beamer in Spurrier's coaching neighborhood, much less coaching class. Spurrier did it. "Imagining" is not doing it. Spurrier could do the X's and O's. EVERYBODY KNOWS that's not Beamer. That's no secret.
Lol; thats a figure of speech friend, but (I hope) you know that anyway. And I'm a huge Spurrier fan btw, always have been; just tired of the Beamer wasn't a coordinator nonsense. Nonetheless, Spurrier's coaching 'chops' don't negate the cheat code recruits that landed in his lap that yes, I imagine Beamer would have done pretty well with also.

Btw, your last two sentences are false.

Last edited:

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Lol; thats a figure of speech friend, but (I hope) you know that anyway. And I'm a huge Spurrier fan btw, always have been; just tired of the Beamer wasn't a coordinator nonsense. Nonetheless, Spurrier's coaching 'chops' don't negate the cheat code recruits that landed in his lap that yes, I imagine Beamer would have done pretty well with also.

Btw, your last two sentences are false.
On the last 2 sentences, they are true or I would not have posted them. More precise, maybe I should have said, "Most of us know". I too used a figure of speech. Regardless, we will agree to disagree on that.

The appropriate question is: Is not being either an OC or DC a detriment to his performance as a Head Coach? The jury is still out on that my friend. After all, I don't think Beamer got an extension after the 2023 season. Regarding recruiting, all we can do is speculate what Beamer would have done in Spurrier shoes.

What do we KNOW about recruiting? His high school recruiting classes beyond his first year have finished:
13th out of 14 SEC teams plus finished behind Clemson
7th out of 14 SEC teams plus finished behind Clemson
10th out of 16 SEC teams plus behind Clemson
Currently 10th out of 16 SEC teams plus behind Clemson
Our schedule will be mostly SEC teams plus Clemson.

His recruiting of high school prospects has been poor. comparatively speaking. That's not speculation. Those are the numbers. We can evolve to saying maybe he can make up for that through the portal. The problem with that is many who enter the portal are either malcontents and trouble makers, lack talent or may be injury prone.

We can go back and forth regarding Beamer's coaching ability. LOL But, I think we can definitely find common ground by agreeing that Beamer is going to have to really pick up his recruiting if he is to make Carolina a force within the SEC and become a national brand name as Clemson is.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login