UGA game 2 thread...Lo on the bump.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
I rarely call out players, but this one is on Johnny Long. Extremely selfish play. Embarrassing way to lose a baseball game.
I feel long was trying to fire up the team heading into the next at bat. I'd take long on my team any day. Birmingham got *** hurt cuz the tide took one in the final four and just happened to have an out for a release. That was the dumbest baseball **** I've seen in my 47 years. Long should've been tossed and the whole black shirt brigade but the on field players headed to the dugout should've got a pass. Now we're down actual hitters tomorrow as well. That's two straight series losers cuz they still have Goliath.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Slow Natives

Nov 10, 2018
Johnny Long. You mad bro? Roid rage?
Seriously, if you can’t restrain your emotions better than that, your fuse is too short.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Fans booing at the end of the game after those ejections. Not a good look for the ole head ball coach.
What I'm the HELL are you talking about? That wasn't Lemonis' fault. There were eleven ejections when there should have been one. The guy in Birmingham had to have been drunk.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If the ump had a sack he chunks Johnny immediately, and the game continues. This replay crap is out of hand.
You either throw long out or you don’t say **** when Georgia puts a fastball in someone’s back. I know the ump didn’t make the call on throwing everyone out but he let that situation blow up by not throwing long out.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Lemonis said “if you had your hoodie on, you got to stay in the game and they got us because we were on the field. Even the umps on the field said if it wasn’t on tv, it would have been just a warning. We have no explanation from Birmingham. Totally subjective. It affects the leagues integrity and it’s just not right. I shouldn’t be on the radio right now. “

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I wonder how you would respond if someone came at your knee with an elbow.
Stop. No one sees what you're seeing. Even if there was something, the best response is to kick their *** on the field. Every on-field altercation is won on the scoreboard. Georgia won the fight by winning the game.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
We'll never know what would have happened, but imagine the momentum after getting the third out at the plate going into the bottom of the 8th. DJ and HH probably go back-to-back. ****.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We’ll watch and see how dumb of a take it is, this could easily be the turning point in an already spiraling situation.

So, coming into the game we're ranked in the Top 25, and .500 in the SEC? The last two years were a spiral. This is simply an improved team.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Johnny Long. You mad bro? Roid rage?
Seriously, if you can’t restrain your emotions better than that, your fuse is too short.
You need to STFU the guy was trying to get the team fired up. If you watched the interview after the truly embarrassing loss on Tuesday you'd understand. He is a leader of the team. May have went a bit too far tonight but for 17s sake who'd have thunk half the starting lineup would be gone for just heading to the dugout. Oh excuse me you have the excuse in your user name as sloooow. I apologize**

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Glad these umps weren't calling a really tough game like UConn and Iowa girls basketball. I still can't believe what I saw.

Reactions: stateu1

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You need to STFU the guy was trying to get the team fired up. If you watched the interview after the truly embarrassing loss on Tuesday you'd understand. He is a leader of the team. May have went a bit too far tonight but for 17s sake who'd have thunk half the starting lineup would be gone for just heading to the dugout. Oh excuse me you have the excuse in your user name as sloooow. I apologize**
i dont buy the whole "trying to get the team fired up"

I think the ol POS label and team leader label... might have got to his head. Team leaders should stay calm and composed in pressure situatuons.... he's in the wrong here

Not saying things like that dont happen from time to time.. but i dont think Long was saying let me rough this guy up a litle and fire our guys up.

Reactions: Slow Natives

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
If you need to knee a guy in the ribs after he’s been gunned out by a mile to fire up your team, then they are a bunch of unmotivated pussies.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Still shaking my head over what Long did.
Needs explanation.
Bad decision but who knew the ramifications of just being super aggressive. This was a for sure a one off in all of baseball. No thrown punches and half a teams staring 9 ejected. Definitely needs to be reviewed and changes to rules made for this situation.

Oct 31, 2014
we had two pitchers in the outfield and sent three to the plate in the 9th with ZERO shot at getting a hit. That means we have very little talent past the guys that regularly start.
That's not just us. That's what the transfer portal has done to everyone. Nobody with any talent is going to stay anywhere to ride the bench.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
The only thing positive that came from this is who will be plying right field for us tomorrow:

1712462335499.jpeg

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
If you need to knee a guy in the ribs after he’s been gunned out by a mile to fire up your team, then they are a bunch of unmotivated pussies.
Now you may be onto something. Giving a player the benefit of doubt. Not leaving the firing up of players in lemons court. Just seemed there may have been words at the plate and long was letting him know it was his home plate. After tonight though I can't say it's msstate's home plate. Tomorrow will be a **** show.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's incredible to me that there are rules in place that justify throwing basically an entire baseball starting lineup out of what amounts to two SEC games since this one was tied at the time, for an altercation in which no one was hurt and no punches were thrown.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
i dont buy the whole "trying to get the team fired up"

I think the ol POS label and team leader label... might have got to his head. Team leaders should stay calm and composed in pressure situatuons.... he's in the wrong here

Not saying things like that dont happen from time to time.. but i dont think Long was saying let me rough this guy up a litle and fire our guys up.
Im
Taking Long on my team 99/100 times. Dudes a dirtbag. He may have been overzealous but damn it's supposed to be a man's game at this level.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Now you may be onto something. Giving a player the benefit of doubt. Not leaving the firing up of players in lemons court. Just seemed there may have been words at the plate and long was letting him know it was his home plate. After tonight though I can't say it's msstate's home plate. Tomorrow will be a **** show.
impossible to defend even in the slightest Long on this one. He gave like 3 exrtra shoves and then a knee. Had he done 1 or 2, he'd probably got away with it.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Yo. Long was plowed into w an aggressive shoulder. It’s plain as day in the replay. I have no idea how y’all don’t understand this. Everyone of you dubmasses would’ve done the same. Exact. Thing! If you wouldn’t, YOU are the puss.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Im
Taking Long on my team 99/100 times. Dudes a dirtbag. He may have been overzealous but damn it's supposed to be a man's game at this level.
He can be on the team. But doesnt need to see the field often...If you have a team full of Longs you wont win many games. We are overblowing the 'dirtbag' factor.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login