UGA game 2 thread...Lo on the bump.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He hits like my fing grand ma
give good interviews. Dont strike out. Tackle guys at home plate.... thats the criteria for making rosters now it seems...

sarcastic obviously. But a guy thats probably one of the 2-3 worst catchers in the league, just did something so stupid it got all our guys that can actually play a little bit suspended for the rest of the series....

I think the ruling is stupid too... but ^ thats what happened today.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
we had two pitchers in the outfield and sent three to the plate in the 9th with ZERO shot at getting a hit. That means we have very little talent past the guys that regularly start.
You do realize we didn’t have any other options, right? And I don’t mean other options as in better or worse talent, I mean no more warm bodies. They all got thrown out, including bench guys.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Yo. Long was plowed into w an aggressive shoulder. It’s plain as day in the replay. I have no idea how y’all don’t understand this. Everyone of you dubmasses would’ve done the same. Exact. Thing! If you wouldn’t, YOU are the puss.
Stop trying to defend it. The Georgia player was sliding into home. Long made a bush league decision. I guarantee Lemonis would agree with that.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
give good interviews. Dont strike out. Tackle guys at home plate.... thats the criteria for making rosters now it seems...

sarcastic obviously. But a guy thats probably one of the 2-3 worst catchers in the league, just did something so stupid it got all our guys that can actually play a little bit suspended for the rest of the series....

Can I like this 2,000 times?

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022

Guess you approve of the Dillion day double foot stomp to the chest but please don't put a knee in the side of a guy sliding into home plate. That's grounds for kicking off the team.
If he's one of the 2-3 worst catchers in the league then that probably means the other two to three are on this roster. Not sure you're actually sarcastic or not.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Guess you approve of the Dillion day double foot stomp to the chest but please don't put a knee in the side of a guy sliding into home plate. That's grounds for kicking off the team.
If he's one of the 2-3 worst catchers in the league then that probably means the other two to three are on this roster. Not sure you're actually sarcastic or not.
The 17 dude he’s joking that it’s ok.
Lighten up Francis

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
When they hit you with the Dillon day “leg stomp”, you hit them back with the Dak Prescott stiff arm.
Dallas Cowboys Reaction GIF by SEC Network

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
lol. I wouldn’t kick him off the team. But you are celebrating the guy for doing something very stupid. Even logically it makes zero sense as he wasn’t doing it to “fire the team up”

then you are backing that up with, he’s such a dirt back, he’s a leader, he’s my guy, type stuff which is again to me… stupid.

tell you how much his teammates loved it. None of them came running to his defense ready to fight… they didn’t look too fired up to me.. so as a leader he sure mis read the room.

I get it’s sports. It happen. I hate the ruling. But longs supposed dirt back, team leader status shouldn’t warrant a pat on the back… he should warrant a kick in the pants and a no your damn role talk at the very least

and yes, he’s not a good player. 250
Hitter with zero extra base hits. Shut up and catch. And be glad you’re on the field.

Reactions: patdog

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Stop trying to defend it. The Georgia player was sliding into home. Long made a bush league decision. I guarantee Lemonis would agree with that.
Got it. You want our players to be pusses and take every cheap shot. If the made-up suspensions had not happened, you’d be Long’s biggest cheerleader skirt and all.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Got it. You want our players to be pusses and take every cheap shot. If the made-up suspensions had not happened, you’d be Long’s biggest cheerleader skirt and all.
You’re the only one that saw the cheap shot.

And I want to win baseball games. I want players to not be selfish and contribute to helping win the game. Long took a play where the CF and 2B made great plays and made it all about himself. He put the team in a bad position. That’s a fact. If that means I want players to be pussies then so be it. But I don’t think that is the case at all. I want a supposed leader and veteran player to act like it.

Slow Natives

Nov 10, 2018
You need to STFU the guy was trying to get the team fired up. If you watched the interview after the truly embarrassing loss on Tuesday you'd understand. He is a leader of the team. May have went a bit too far tonight but for 17s sake who'd have thunk half the starting lineup would be gone for just heading to the dugout. Oh excuse me you have the excuse in your user name as sloooow. I apologize**
Johnny? Is that you?

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

And I want to win baseball games. I want players to not be selfish and contribute to helping win the game. Long took a play where the CF and 2B made great plays and made it all about himself. He put the team in a bad position. That’s a fact. If that means I want players to be pussies then so be it. But I don’t think that is the case at all. I want a supposed leader and veteran player to act like it.
Cant say it any better

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

I’m not the only one that saw it. There’s been many people on this board who saw it as well. You’ll even see it if you put on your specs And look at the replay. Carter puts out a bent elbow straight into the inside of Long’s inner left knee.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’m not the only one that saw it. There’s been many people on this board who saw it as well. You’ll even see it if you put on your specs And look at the replay. Carter puts out a bent elbow straight into the inside of Long’s inner left knee.
There has literally been thousands of takes on this situation. None saw the slide st home a cheap shot. nearly everyone sees long in the wrong. Must be Johnny longs mom on the boards

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
There has literally been thousands of takes on this situation. None saw the slide st home a cheap shot. nearly everyone sees long in the wrong. Must be Johnny longs mom on the boards
literally, eh?🙄 I’d love to see those ”literal” “thousands of takes”.
Dig a littler harder. You can do it. You’ll find those discussing the elbow. We can all tell you haven’t watched the replay objectively. Do you really think Long would just out of the blue become a violent arsehole? You really think Lem would tolerate that behavior? I’m no Lem fan but I can’t believe he would want that on his team.
And when you try to do a middle school insult, you show that you know you’re wrong but you’re too stubborn.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
literally, eh?🙄 I’d love to see those ”literal” “thousands of takes”.
Dig a littler harder. You can do it. You’ll find those discussing the elbow. We can all tell you haven’t watched the replay objectively. Do you really think Long would just out of the blue become a violent arsehole? You really think Lem would tolerate that behavior? I’m no Lem fan but I can’t believe he would want that on his team.
And when you try to do a middle school insult, you show that you know you’re wrong but you’re too stubborn.
Again takes everyone out there. Have seen many with, throw the catcher out and let’s play. the entire broadcast was we have no clue what got into Johnny long.

have yet to see one say, damn it was a dirty slide that started all this.

after the game even lemonis said, I understand if you want to throw out my catcher. He never said the slide was dirty.

if you see it the other way so be it, cant reason with someone that thinks 2+2 is 6

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Again takes everyone out there. Have seen many with, throw the catcher out and let’s play. the entire broadcast was we have no clue what got into Johnny long.

have yet to see one say, damn it was a dirty slide that started all this.

after the game even lemonis said, I understand if you want to throw out my catcher. He never said the slide was dirty.

if you see it the other way so be it, cant reason with someone that thinks 2+2 is 6
Man, you do understand how I feel. Hopefully you’ll soon under 2+2=4. Stop being so willfully blind.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login