USC vs Utah rematch

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Why would you not want to see TCU in the playoff? I’d much rather see them than Alabama again. I’m so damn tired of seeing Alabama in the playoff. I would love to see a new team like TCU.
Because TCU isn't a great team. I'm not sure they win tomorrow.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
And their other losses? They lost to a weak UCLA team and an Oregon team that got blown off the field against UGA.
Well UGA is the best team in the land they gonna do that do a lot of people especially in the first game of the season in a virtual home game for uga. Not to mention Oregon new coach and new qb.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That int will about do it. Crap. USC has been my second team since I was a kid. Anthony Davis was my man back then.
I'm glad to see the Pac-12 have someone other than Oregon getting national attention. I may give you a lot of crap about USC, but the UCS/UCLA teams of old were a lot of fun to watch Utah returns a lot of this team next season and now that USC has a decent coach again they'll be back

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That Lincoln Riley OU defense. Grinch is a terrible dc and they have never focused or recruited defense. That will get him fired at SC.
Leach better watch out or his old buddy Dave may telling Riley to poach Arnett and move him back west.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'm glad to see the Pac-12 have someone other than Oregon getting national attention. I may give you a lot of crap about USC, but the UCS/UCLA teams of old were a lot of fun to watch Utah returns a lot of this team next season and now that USC has a decent coach again they'll be back
The games I always enjoyed were Pete Carroll vs Jeff Tedford and Cal when he had Cal rolling.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Really smart of Riley there to call two timeouts with a minute left down 23 points so his injured quarterback could take two more sacks. Genius coaching move.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Why would you not want to see TCU in the playoff? I’d much rather see them than Alabama again. I’m so damn tired of seeing Alabama in the playoff. I would love to see a new team like TCU.

Personally I think it would be great to see TCU, but UGA with a month to prepare would just murder them. It would be ugly. I’ve got the Bama fatigue like everyone else, but I’d still rather watch good football games between evenly matched elite teams in the CFP, and I’m just not sure that TCU is one of those teams. They‘ve had several close calls in a bad league.

I think a set up of UGA vs Ohio State and Bama vs. Michigan in the semis at least offers a little bit of intrigue. Michigan or UGA vs. TCU would be a bloodbath.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
USC has a heck of an offense when Williams is healthy. That being said their defense is bloody awful. They had to outscore people, and when Williams was hobbled......On to tomorrow! Here is a question, if TCU loses do they drop out? I think they do. If they do, how do you put Bama in over a Tennessee that beat them? That would be a travesty.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I’ve got the Bama fatigue like everyone else, but I’d still rather watch good football games between evenly matched elite teams in the CFP, and I’m just not sure that TCU is one of those teams. They‘ve had several close calls in a bad league.

Bama had more close calls than TCU. Bama was four plays from being 8-4

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
USC has a heck of an offense when Williams is healthy. That being said their defense is bloody awful. They had to outscore people, and when Williams was hobbled......On to tomorrow! Here is a question, if TCU loses do they drop out? I think they do. If they do, how do you put Bama in over a Tennessee that beat them? That would be a travesty.

Simple. You put Bama in because they don’t have an embarrassing 35 point loss on their resume. Bama lost 2 games - one where they had 17 penalties and awful clock management at the end and it still took a last second FG to beat them, and another that went to OT in Baton Rouge.

When comparing teams with losses, how you lose and who you lose to matters. It matters a lot.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Two closer's road losses compared to Tennessee getting stomped by usc. That loss screwed them up bad. Getting stomped by uga had them in same boat that Ohio state is in now. Can't lose two by that much snd get in. Ohio state will be in. Bama too if tcu loses

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Bama had more close calls than TCU. Bama was four plays from being 8-4
Alabama could legitimately have five losses. Field goal in the final seconds beat Texas. A&M had a play from the two yard line that would’ve won, and they stopped Ole Miss on fourth down from the 15 yard line in the final minute. They have flaws, and I bet if they played TCU it would be a close game that could go either way.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Simple. You put Bama in because they don’t have an embarrassing 35 point loss on their resume. Bama lost 2 games - one where they had 17 penalties and awful clock management at the end and it still took a last second FG to beat them, and another that went to OT in Baton Rouge.

When comparing teams with losses, how you lose and who you lose to matters. It matters a lot.
But they lost to UT head to head. (Just for giggles, Bama never played South Carolina) That matters a lot too. I bet if it actually does come down to that UT goes in ahead of them. Now they could kill that particular controversy by taking a one loss TCU.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Two closer's road losses compared to Tennessee getting stomped by usc. That loss screwed them up bad. Getting stomped by uga had them in same boat that Ohio state is in now. Can't lose two by that much snd get in. Ohio state will be in. Bama too if tcu loses
Tennessee still beat Alabama head to head. That isn't a beauty contest result, it was on the field and on the scoreboard. That has to Trump everything else if their records are equal.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Tennessee still beat Alabama head to head. That isn't a beauty contest result, it was on the field and on the scoreboard. That has to Trump everything else if their records are equal.
That matters to the committee though. Two bad losses is worse than two close losses on the road.
I hate bama but if tcu lose you bet your *** we are going to have uga, Michigan, Ohio state, bama

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
That matters to the committee though. Two bad losses is worse than two close losses on the road.
I hate bama but if tcu lose you bet your *** we are going to have uga, Michigan, Ohio state, bama
You may be correct, But it shouldn't be that way. Head to head should matter if the records are the same. I'd put UT in over Bama.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Riley said Williams popped a hamstring on that long run in the first quarter, but he refused to come out of the game. Unreal.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
While Tennessee had the results on the field prior to South Carolina, they’ve done nothing (didn’t have time) to show they’re the same team after losing Hooker. The entire committee could go on record stating that doesn’t matter and I still wouldn’t believe it.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Tennessee beat them at home on a last second FG. Its not like it was some decisive *** kicking. And Tennessee’s best player who won them that game is done for the year, too. That matters. Not nearly as much as the fact that they have a 35 point loss on their resume, but it does matter.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Williams popped his hamstring early in the game. 17 that hurts. Not what lost them the game though. May have kept it from being a shoot out Ala UGA Oklahoma playoff a few years ago

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You may be correct, But it shouldn't be that way. Head to head should matter if the records are the same. I'd put UT in over Bama.

Head to head does matter, but its not the only thing that matters. And the context of that head to head matters, too. If Tennesse whooped Bama like Michigan whooped OSU, it would be an entirely different discussion.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Tennessee beat them at home on a last second FG. Its not like it was some decisive *** kicking. And Tennessee’s best player who won them that game is done for the year, too. That matters. Not nearly as much as the fact that they have a 35 point loss on their resume, but it does matter.
No, but they still beat them. That means that Bama lost to a team that had a 35 point loss on their resume. Hopefully TCU wins and we don't have to worry about it. I've said all year that UGA and Michigan are the best two teams I've seen. Now watch one of THEM lose tomorrow too. Lol.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Williams popped his hamstring early in the game. 17 that hurts. Not what lost them the game though. May have kept it from being a shoot out Ala UGA Oklahoma playoff a few years ago
I just saw that, it happened on the long run in the first quarter. I think it did cost them the game. Utah was able to make some safer decisions on offense because of it. They also didn't have to worry about him running when defending USC. THAT was absolutely decisive.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I hate to disagree with you, but both are really good teams.
No they’re not. It was a good game but he’s right both team aren’t very good. There’s a reason Utah got beat by FL. Let’s look at a common competitor (Arizona) who scored 17 against us and 10 of that was with the second string in. Arizona put ups 20 on Utah. Both teams don’t win 4 SEC games and Williams wouldn’t be in the Heisman conversation at all.

Attachments

• 695E62E9-BB88-41E4-A88C-207177E9308F.jpeg
    695E62E9-BB88-41E4-A88C-207177E9308F.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 3

patdog

May 28, 2007
You judge teams on 12-13 games. Not 1 game. And over 12 games, Bama was a better team than Tennessee. Especially with Hendon out.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You judge teams on 12-13 games. Not 1 game. And over 12 games, Bama was a better team than Tennessee. Especially with Hendon out.
But they have the same record over 12 games and Tennessee beat them head to head.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login