USWNT with a big game tonight

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I was not disappointed when they lost but I would have been ok if they had won. I will say that Rapinoe kick was just a little too crappy for a player with her experience and talent. The expression "Can't hit the side of a barn" came to mind.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
To be fair, that Swedish GK had the game of her life. She was easily the player of the game. This was the best game the US played all tournament, but she shut them down.
Ironic that she had such an incredible game but didn't have one save in PK's. The US did themselves in with 2 wild misses and one off the post. I felt bad for Smith - she literally had the game winner on her foot in her first WC with the soccer world watching and choked. Tough way to go out for a young player. The other two are veterans and have zero excuse. Terrible.

Also crazy that the US keeper had one clean save and another that would've been a save if not for a bad bounce. 1 PK save wins most games. 2 PK saves would win a game 95% of the time.

Overall probably the most gut-wrenching possible way to lose a great match. Just brutal.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login