Vandy game thread

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Is it just me or do we struggle significantly with bringing rebounds all the way down? It’s like we go up and have the ball in the air, but by the time we come down, the ball goes goes flying
I guess they don’t teach rebounding anymore

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Is it just my tv or does this broadcast have the announcers volume lower than the crowd noise. Now, I realize there was a previous discussion of how the crowd noise seemed to be lower in previous games.
I know I shouldn’t complain not being able to hear Cross.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
And here I was thinking all the booing at the end was because we were lackadaisically lazy getting back and gave them an easy lay-up.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
And here I was thinking all the booing at the end was because we were lackadaisically lazy getting back and gave them an easy lay-up.

It was a little bit of bad sport by Vandy. We had called off the dogs and that last lay up was a little cheap.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Is it just my tv or does this broadcast have the announcers volume lower than the crowd noise. Now, I realize there was a previous discussion of how the crowd noise seemed to be lower in previous games.
I know I shouldn’t complain not being able to hear Cross.
The volume was much higher which I prefer. The Bama game sounded like there were about 50 people there.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The volume was much higher which I prefer. The Bama game sounded like there were about 50 people there.
Ok good. I'm glad it wasn’t my tv. I am noticing that there’s a huge difference between our broadcast and other broadcasts though. Watching UK/UGA game, I can clearly hear the announcers AND the amped up crowd.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
This team is trash. Should have won by 14. Pathetic.
I know! If our lazy, pathetic thugs with neck tattoos had gotten back on defense with 3 seconds left, Vandy wouldn’t have gotten that last important layup that made it a very close 13-point win. ******

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I still don't understand why they moved the team benches to the camera side. Can't see them on TV. Or did they move the cameras during the renovation?

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I still don't understand why they moved the team benches to the camera side. Can't see them on TV. Or did they move the cameras during the renovation?
This is the only problem I have with the renovations. I loved being able to watch the coaches and the bench during play.

patdog

May 28, 2007
My thoughts after watching the game.

1 That was an ugly game. But never in any doubt after midway through the 1st half.

2 We are very limited offensively.

3 The Tolu vs Bell comments in this thread are bizarre. Tolu is a 1st team SEC player. Bell is a role player.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
My thoughts after watching the game.

1 That was an ugly game. But never in any doubt after midway through the 1st half.

2 We are very limited offensively.

3 The Tolu vs Bell comments in this thread are bizarre. Tolu is a 1st team SEC player. Bell is a role player.
Agree with your assessment. We got up big and did just enough the rest of the way to keep Vandy at arm’s length. Free throws again were a problem. Tolu was 2-8 at one point and had to make five of his last six to just get back to over 50%. If Hubbard isn’t hitting shots, we are in trouble offensively. Fort hit a couple big threes in his limited minutes. Will need more out of him in that regard.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I still don't understand why they moved the team benches to the camera side.
They moved the benches because they created the student pit on that side. Can't have students behind opponents bench or so I heard.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login