WAC & Atlantic Sun merge football conferences…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Not unexpected especially since they’ve had the partnership. They’re just making it officially official.

I’m just waiting on the first college marching band in the new conference to play Gershwin…

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Wow, with plans to be FBS, too.

Here's the lineup:
Abilene Christian
Austin Peay
Central Arkansas
Eastern Kentucky
North Alabama
Southern Utah
Stephen F. Austin
Tarleton State
Utah Tech
Texas-Rio Grande Valley

Can't believe I could be living in a time where UNA and the artist formerly known as Dixie State are freaking FBS teams in the same conference. Also, I actually didn't know Tarleton State had a proper campus. I always think of them as being totally distance/online or having local satellite campuses.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The traveling costs for that conference will be unreal.

Agreed. Which is why they're likely looking at FBS as an option: going for the pay games as a way to fund the sports programs.

That's a really bad decision.
Yeah, I can't believe that the Southland schools left for THIS?

I don't know what the deal is with the OVC but schools have jumped from it....

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agreed. Which is why they're likely looking at FBS as an option: going for the pay games as a way to fund the sports programs.
May not be as many pay games in the future with the expanded 9-game SEC schedule and potential Big-12 expansion to 16 teams. The trend among the P5 schools is going to be more games vs P5 (or P4 depending on if/when the PAC-12 dies) and fewer against the mid-majors.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
May not be as many pay games in the future with the expanded 9-game SEC schedule and potential Big-12 expansion to 16 teams. The trend among the P5 schools is going to be more games vs P5 (or P4 depending on if/when the PAC-12 dies) and fewer against the mid-majors.
Yeah, I'm checking the Future Football Schedules site and that's what I'm seeing too.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login