Wait, the MS House wants to get rid of building codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I would love to have a state adopted building code. That way we are all working from the same building life safety design criteria, loading requirements, cladding requirements, and plumbing requirement. Right now I have to remember the code requirements of at least 4 different established codes with ADA law and ICC A117.1 requirements on top of that. Between 2012- 2016, 2020, and soon to be 2024 codes being adopted in different jurisdictions across the state, working on 60 projects a year in 17 different jurisdictions, and State/local authorities is dumb as ****.

Just so you know, state projects require state inspections on certain items including the fire alarm system and elevators. Elevators, I believe have to all be inspected by the state elevator inspector regardless if it is public or private. The building code has nothing to do with it. The adopted requirements for insurance in Mississippi does in conjunction with the state guidelines.

Most people throw around the term, building code and they more than likely mean local ordinances. Those two things are not the same thing.

Reactions: patdog

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I can't find an electrician in Olive Branch right now. I had one based in Collierville and they could not pull a permit because they are not licensed in MS and all the reciprocal agreements have been removed just recently. I can't get an MS electrician to show up. And all I want is to get an 100 amp electric service to an outbuilding with a box and one outlet.
Call Southaven Supply and ask Craig who is his big time residential electricians that buy from him. 662-393-3110.

Reactions: dorndawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
how would that possibly be a disaster for us, other than stopping hundreds of billions from being stolen and laundered from the treasury ?
I’ll put it in terms a Louisiana Coonàss Conservative would understand: Ukraine is Edwin Edwards; Russia, David Duke.

The United States is voting for the Crook ****

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I’ll put it in terms a Louisiana Coonàss Conservative would understand: Ukraine is Edwin Edwards; Russia, David Duke.

The United States is voting for the Crook ****

In Louisiana, if you say you’re not a crook while running, you’ll lose the election. Those Coon@$$es$ ain’t dumn@$$e$$ - the know the lot is crook-ed

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
So you see no danger from Putin, as he has made it absolutely clear in his own writings, taking the first step to recreating the Russian Empire? I suggest you take a look at the territorial extent of that old Empire. Putin is a Russian Imperialist. He has made his aims crystal clear. You remind me of the idiot isolationists prior to WWII that refused to take Hitler at his word in Mein Kampf. There are EXTENSIVE territories of the old Soviet/Russian Empire that Putin has explicitly stated that belong to Russia that he wants, and we are committed by the NATO treaty to defend. Personally, I'd rather give the Ukrainians the material to fight the fight that they WANT to fight than commit our own blood to do it. You obviously want to see our own sons die rather than give Ukraine the material. You value our money over our son's lives. Make no mistake we WILL pay the money. The only question is who dies. You absolutely DISGUST me.
LMAO. That’s your argument? “Putin is hitler” ? That’s the dumbest neocon propaganda I’ve ever heard. Ukraine being in NATO has no bearing on US safety whatsoever, it’s just a provocation to Russia. Ukraine is not worth one life of anyone.

Absolute clown.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
So you see no danger from Putin, as he has made it absolutely clear in his own writings, taking the first step to recreating the Russian Empire? I suggest you take a look at the territorial extent of that old Empire. Putin is a Russian Imperialist. He has made his aims crystal clear. You remind me of the idiot isolationists prior to WWII that refused to take Hitler at his word in Mein Kampf. There are EXTENSIVE territories of the old Soviet/Russian Empire that Putin has explicitly stated that belong to Russia that he wants, and we are committed by the NATO treaty to defend. Personally, I'd rather give the Ukrainians the material to fight the fight that they WANT to fight than commit our own blood to do it. You obviously want to see our own sons die rather than give Ukraine the material. You value our money over our son's lives. Make no mistake we WILL pay the money. The only question is who dies. You absolutely DISGUST me.
Damn son. Have a Snickers.
1707489791634.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
LMAO. That’s your argument? “Putin is hitler” ? That’s the dumbest neocon propaganda I’ve ever heard. Ukraine being in NATO has no bearing on US safety whatsoever, it’s just a provocation to Russia.

Ummm…. Kamerad.

Obviously you’ve not taken any of Radvanyi’s classes at State.

Defense against Russia is the raison d’etre of NATO’s existence.

Ukraine is not worth one life of anyone.

Absolute clown.
D@mn, 85BearsDontHurt…

Where’s your empathy?

Obviously, the Ukrainians think it’s worth it. And people living in countries next to them (e.g., Poland) do too.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This. The idea of "State" building codes is the dumbest 17ing thing on earth... "Hey Bob, I am out here at the Iuka site waiting on the STATE inspector to make sure I have the rebar chairs spaced properly before we pour the concrete.... He's driving up from Jackson.

What in the actual 17 are we even talking about with a state building code? Who the 17 is or could enforce that dìpshittery?
Well apparently this is about licensing contractors. Damn journalists can't get it right and confuse the hell out of people. The laws are confusing enough themselves.

But no matter what, the spirit of it all is muh DeReGuLaTiOn

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Well apparently this is about licensing contractors. Damn journalists can't get it right and confuse the hell out of people. The laws are confusing enough themselves.

But no matter what, the spirit of it all is muh DeReGuLaTiOn
Yeah, it's a money grab by the localities. Now, you have to get licensed in each locality you work in.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Ummm…. Kamerad.

Obviously you’ve not taken any of Radvanyi’s classes at State.

Defense against Russia is the raison d’etre of NATO’s existence.

D@mn, 85BearsDontHurt…

Where’s your empathy?

Obviously, the Ukrainians think it’s worth it. And people living in countries next to them (e.g., Poland) do too.
I did not say natos pocket book or budget, I said us safety. Victoria NUlands coup in 2014 to over throw Ukraine’s govt and install a us puppet govt was not justification for anything.

“Comrade” ? What ? That’s Rachel Maddow/bill Kristol stupid chit.

Zelensky is a coke head and this is a money laundering scam. Another 100 billion for the big guy. lol

Reactions: fang

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Zelensky is a coke head and this is a money laundering scam. Another 100 billion for the big guy. lol
Both sides of this have gotten silly. It's just a bad situation over there and the truth is right in the middle. Putin is just an old USSR loyalist who wants to see mother Russia succeed or whatever, but at the same time he's a damned tyrant in the way he's went about this. He's blaming it on Ukrainian/NATO aggression of some sort, which may be a little bit true. @L4Dawg went a little overboard on the whole deal about our soldiers fighting this war, don't think it's at that point yet. Just pure emotional vomit.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I did not say natos pocket book or budget, I said us safety. Victoria NUlands coup in 2014 to over throw Ukraine’s govt and install a us puppet govt was not justification for anything.

The US is a Founding Member of NATO. Ergo, it’s an issue of importance to the US.

It’s called Adulting, my friend.

We are committed to it.

This ain’t Buffet Style Christianity where people ask to be forgiven and still continually treat others like cr@p.

“Comrade” ? What ? That’s Rachel Maddow/bill Kristol stupid chit.

I’ll repeat myself:

This ain’t Buffet Style Christianity where people ask to be forgiven and still continually treat others like cr@p.

You support who you have to support— you can’t be whiny toddlers who hate liver and onions.

It’s called being an Adult.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The last quote in the article kinda nails it for some of the thought behind it and it’s pretty true.

“I'm telling you, it is very difficult in some counties to find licensed contractors to do things that you want done now,” Bailey said. “If you want to build a lot of development in the small counties, then the law he is trying to change, it (allows) that. It has nothing to do with getting rid of building codes.”

The bill will now be considered by a Senate committee before possibly going to the floor for a vote.
I may have a new profession. I can do anything "purt near" correct.

Reactions: 3407Dewey

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I heard an ex-Republican Congressman called him a traitor. Is that what you are referring to?

I don't view Carlson as a traitor for interviewing Putin. Heck, multiple reporters countered Carlson's absolute lie when he claimed nobody else had tried to interview Putin, and I also wouldn't consider any of them traitors if they interviewed Putin.

Like most political memes, yours misrepresents and sucks.
Tucker is a liar and a total delta bravo, but the real puzzle for me is how did "conservative" people who grew up under the Reagan regime become pro-Russia and pro-authoritarian. There was a time when everyone in the country understood the danger of communist/authoritarian regimes and now we have factions of the Republican party rallying with MAGA hats on and Nazi flags in hand. I struggle with the idea that we are about to learn the "if you don't learn from history" lesson...

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I think a few more people could get on board behind funding Ukraine if there was any accountability of where the funds are going. Instead, Zelensky, U.S. politicians, and the Big Guy are lining their (and their families) pockets. Then you have the fact that we don't have the money to give away anyways. It is just reckless spending.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I can't find an electrician in Olive Branch right now. I had one based in Collierville and they could not pull a permit because they are not licensed in MS and all the reciprocal agreements have been removed just recently. I can't get an MS electrician to show up. And all I want is to get an 100 amp electric service to an outbuilding with a box and one outlet.
Seems that the law could require a licensed electrician, but not specify that it had to be MS licensed. It's probably adequate to trust that other licensure states aren't just doing completely boneheaded handouts. I suspect that this might fall apart without collaboration between licensing systems to create a registry where any state could verify current licensing in another.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
We absolutely should be handing Ukraine what they need to fight the Russia. It is far cheaper and way more beneficial to us for Ukraine to fight and hold their territory.
If not, we will get to fight for Europe later, unless Putinism just happens to die out with him. I suspect that there is someone behind him who is far more dangerous than he is from an ideology perspective. Whether that someone can command the fear to succeed Putin is TBD. Not dissimilar to Trumpism. He will be pushing up daisies before he can cause too much more havoc than he already has, but what he has aligned behind him is going to be problematic for years to come.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Seems that the law could require a licensed electrician, but not specify that it had to be MS licensed. It's probably adequate to trust that other licensure states aren't just doing completely boneheaded handouts. I suspect that this might fall apart without collaboration between licensing systems to create a registry where any state could verify current licensing in another.
I think it was more done for two reasons.

1) Protectionism. To try and protect MS contractors from outside contractors.
2) Money. I assume getting certified in a state has a cost associated to it. Therefore by allowing reciprocal certification, they miss out on that money.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Tucker is a liar and a total delta bravo, but the real puzzle for me is how did "conservative" people who grew up under the Reagan regime become pro-Russia and pro-authoritarian. There was a time when everyone in the country understood the danger of communist/authoritarian regimes and now we have factions of the Republican party rallying with MAGA hats on and Nazi flags in hand. I struggle with the idea that we are about to learn the "if you don't learn from history" lesson...
I'm totally torn, honestly. I'm historically a Republican conservative. I have also accepted that the future is blue, it's just whatever shade. Science wise, so many of my fellow conservatives just cling to old ideals that no longer work, in so many areas. It's like a push to simply not accept changes. I really don't know why they don't accept freedom - freedom of choice, drugs, sex orientation, whatever - it's a weird hill to die on. They don't want to do ANYTHING about the environment, provide public services, anything. A smart man told me once that a well-regulated government is the best government - conservatives want zero regulation. That does not end well. Not to mention the total lack of wanting a common sense system where the rich shoulder more of the tax load, as we discussed recently here. Trump himself admitted these things.

All that said, I hate many of the things that Democrat liberals support, such as the lack of respect for law and order, and the emphasis on all these social justice issues.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

2) Money. I assume getting certified in a state has a cost associated to it. Therefore by allowing reciprocal certification, they miss out on that money.
These things do not add up to growth and more freedom/affordability. This is my beef with the MS conservative viewpoint. It's held back many small towns from evolving.

Reactions: Bulldog Bruce

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I think a few more people could get on board behind funding Ukraine if there was any accountability of where the funds are going. Instead, Zelensky, U.S. politicians, and the Big Guy are lining their (and their families) pockets. Then you have the fact that we don't have the money to give away anyways. It is just reckless spending.
https://9gag.com/gag/a9qG8KK <- based on a WAPO article that is behind paywall

So according to these articles, as of last November over 90% of aid money had stayed within the US which provides jobs, taxes, and economic growth for the US. Also, the first link has multiple charts that document funding, but I dont see any that go to Zelensky, US Politicians, or 'the Big Guy'.
Fun fact that is beside the point- many countries have allocated a higher % of their GDP to Ukraine than the US.

Couple questions for you-
- Who are these US Politicians that are lining their pockets? They should absolutely be lit up for misappropriation of funds.

- Are you advocating for a total withdrawl of US troops and involvement in peacekeeping efforts across the world?...or are you selective in your disgust for supposed pocket lining?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Makes sense.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm totally torn, honestly. I'm historically a Republican conservative. I have also accepted that the future is blue, it's just whatever shade. Science wise, so many of my fellow conservatives just cling to old ideals that no longer work, in so many areas. It's like a push to simply not accept changes. I really don't know why they don't accept freedom - freedom of choice, drugs, sex orientation, whatever - it's a weird hill to die on. They don't want to do ANYTHING about the environment, provide public services, anything. A smart man told me once that a well-regulated government is the best government - conservatives want zero regulation. That does not end well. Not to mention the total lack of wanting a common sense system where the rich shoulder more of the tax load, as we discussed recently here. Trump himself admitted these things.

All that said, I hate many of the things that Democrat liberals support, such as the lack of respect for law and order, and the emphasis on all these social justice issues.
I feel like the law and order party line died on 1/6 and has been dismembered by FBI and military hatred from the top since then.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
https://9gag.com/gag/a9qG8KK <- based on a WAPO article that is behind paywall

So according to these articles, as of last November over 90% of aid money had stayed within the US which provides jobs, taxes, and economic growth for the US. Also, the first link has multiple charts that document funding, but I dont see any that go to Zelensky, US Politicians, or 'the Big Guy'.
Fun fact that is beside the point- many countries have allocated a higher % of their GDP to Ukraine than the US.

- Who are these US Politicians that are lining their pockets? They should absolutely be lit up for misappropriation of funds.

- Are you advocating for a total withdrawl of US troops and involvement in peacekeeping efforts across the world?...or are you selective in your disgust for supposed pocket lining?
Biggest problem with this post. Facts. Sourced. Does not align with my party talking points.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The GOP prior to WWII was mostly an isolationist party. WWII cured that for a while. It is starting to look like it is going to relapse. Back in the 30s when the oceans did protect us to a large degree isolationism at least had some actual basis. That just isn't the case anymore. The simplest way to point that out is: It takes about 30 minutes for an ICBM to cross those oceans.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ahhhh, the infamous "they". But let's be fair - the idiots on both sides use this phrase. "They" are holding me down (Democrats). "They" want all my money (Republicans).

Reactions: mstateglfr

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The GOP prior to WWII was mostly an isolationist party. WWII cured that for a while. It is starting to look like it is going to relapse. Back in the 30s when the oceans did protect us to a large degree isolationism at least had some actual basis. That just isn't the case anymore. The simplest way to point that out is: It takes about 30 minutes for an ICBM to cross those oceans.
Yeah. We can wish for whatever we want, but we are a globally connected world now economically and otherwise.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I think Europe could be picking up the entire tab, and yall would still be against it. Because your propaganda would tell you to be. We know damn well yall don't care about spending, you've shown it.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Tucker is a liar and a total delta bravo,
I don't have any particular like or dislike of Tucker, but it has been jarring to see the left, including the mainstream media, become so openly hostile to free speech and journalism. Don't know how much journalism Tucker really does, if any, but are the thoughts of an "elected" leader of a pretty significant country that has recently started a war not newsworthy? You don't think people can respond to and rebut any propaganda he spouts?

but the real puzzle for me is how did "conservative" people who grew up under the Reagan regime become pro-Russia and pro-authoritarian. There was a time when everyone in the country understood the danger of communist/authoritarian regimes and now we have factions of the Republican party rallying with MAGA hats on and Nazi flags in hand. I struggle with the idea that we are about to learn the "if you don't learn from history" lesson...
This is another of your fever dreams. Just like Trump being convicted of sexual assault.

Reactions: fang and 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
The US is a Founding Member of NATO. Ergo, it’s an issue of importance to the US.

It’s called Adulting, my friend.

We are committed to it.

I’ll repeat myself:

You support who you have to support— you can’t be whiny toddlers who hate liver and onions.

It’s called being an Adult.
Really bad analogy, Nato is not God, but an outdated relic that is bloated and no longer useful. There is no reason for NATO to keep expanding on to Russia’s doorstep. Our foreign policy has been hijacked by neocon nut jobs since the Iraq disaster, which was based on lies.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Russia is communist ? Who knew

Any concerns about our continued funding of the humanitarian disaster in Gaza ? Didn’t think so

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Really bad analogy, Nato is not God, but an outdated relic that is bloated and no longer useful. There is no reason for NATO to keep expanding on to Russia’s doorstep. Our foreign policy has been hijacked by neocon nut jobs since the Iraq disaster, which was based on lies.

Nope. You’ve shown that the Analogy is On Point.

We gotta be Adults.

No Buffet Christianity Faux-Thinking Allowed.

Come back when you have a Viable Solution.

You’re piddling around looking for something perfect when there’s something Good available.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Nope. You’ve shown that the Analogy is On Point.

We gotta be Adults.

No Buffet Christianity Faux-Thinking Allowed.

Come back when you have a Viable Solution.
Yea , it’s called America First, not America last which is why we have Israel and Ukraine getting 80 billion for their border security and we get a wide open border and zero for our own border. LMAO , such a deal.

Globalist horse crap

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yea , it’s called America First, not America last which is why we have Israel and Ukraine getting 80 billion for their border security and we get a wide open border and zero for our own border. LMAO , such a deal.

Globalist horse crap
Globalist, yes.

And also workable and viable especially in the 21st Century.

Nothing wrong with being American.

But it ain’t workable in and of itself.

If it were, you’d have Americans working low income cruddy jobs here in the US.

Which ain’t happening my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login