Wait, the MS House wants to get rid of building codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
There’s nothing wrong
Globalist, yes.

And also workable and viable especially in the 21st Century.

Nothing wrong with being American.

But it ain’t workable in and of itself.

If it were, you’d have Americans working low income cruddy jobs here in the US.

Which ain’t happening my friend.

There’s nothing wrong with being an American ? Gosh, that’s a big relief.

Let’s keep the wide open borders and American last policies going, it’s working out so well.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don't have any particular like or dislike of Tucker, but it has been jarring to see the left, including the mainstream media, become so openly hostile to free speech and journalism. Don't know how much journalism Tucker really does, if any, but are the thoughts of an "elected" leader of a pretty significant country that has recently started a war not newsworthy? You don't think people can respond to and rebut any propaganda he spouts?
I have 0 idea who has or hasnt weighed in on Tucker's Russia trip, I want that to be clear. I havent read, heard, or watched lefty media losing their minds over it, and that is simply because I havent looked for opinions on the matter.

I have no issue with Putin being interviewed by a journalist from the US. Others have tried to interview him and I wouldnt have had an issue then either.
But Carlson specifically?...yeah that guy is a clown and I am skeptical the content would be on par with actual journalists doing the interview.

You mention you dont know how much journalism Carlson actually does, and that brings up a huge point, which is one that in part shows why Carlson is now relegated to X for producing content(is he elsewhere now?...I dont know).
- Carlson is not a journalist. In 2020, his own lawyer/network argued in court that no 'reasonable viewer' would take Carlson seriously. The judge agreed with the premise and said that given Carlson's reputation, reasonable viewers have 'an appropriate amount of skepticism' about statements Carlson makes. info here
- Carlson is an entertainer who people look to for guidance on the latest outrage issue, regardless of accuracy or reality.
- Carlson is a large reason why FoxNews paid a record settlement for the lies that Carlson and others pushed about the 2020 election.

None of that was journalism. None of his 'just asking questions' is journalism.

Carlson is not a journalist because he has spent decades not being a journalist and instead being a commentator. When he has done 'investigative work', its been comically bad work like the j6 edited tapes debacle.

ETA- think about why Putin has refused to be interviewed by actual US journalists up to now, but granted Carlson access. Even Putin sees Carlson as a good opportunity to promote Putin's side of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yea , it’s called America First, not America last which is why we have Israel and Ukraine getting 80 billion for their border security and we get a wide open border and zero for our own border. LMAO , such a deal.

Globalist horse crap
You think our border is wide open and we get $0 funding? I mean, neither of those is even remotely correct.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You think our border is wide open and we get $0 funding? I mean, neither of those is even remotely correct.
Not only is the border wide open but Biden just sued Texas for trying to close the border , don’t you follow the news ? What % of Schumer’s bill went for our own border compared to Israel and Ukraine’s ?

How much money does each illegal get on their debit card when processed by Biden’s DHS ? This is why we can’t have nice things.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
There’s nothing wrong

Let’s keep the wide open borders and American last policies going, it’s working out so well.
All you need to do is to convince Millions of Americans to work low paying jobs in Rural America.

That ain’t happening so the Latinos who got caught and were forced to leave the US for working the poultry plants in Mississippi are coming back.

Make up your mind.

Do you want America First and High Salaries at Jobs You Don’t Want or Globalism and Cr@pay Pay for the same positions?

Give me a workable solution.

If you’re not, you’re just a Poser.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Nope. You’ve shown that the Analogy is On Point.

We gotta be Adults.

No Buffet Christianity Faux-Thinking Allowed.

Come back when you have a Viable Solution.

You’re piddling around looking for something perfect when there’s something Good available.
I don't really know what you're intending this phrase to mean, especially in the context of foreign policy, but for some reason half the time when I read it my first thought is to lay off Jimmy and let the dead rest in peace, and half the time my first thought is that Warren Buffet is something of an *** hole but I'm not sure how he has messed up Christianity.

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Russia is communist ? Who knew

Any concerns about our continued funding of the humanitarian disaster in Gaza ? Didn’t think so
I see you major in whataboutism (this is not a particularly good attempt at that by the way; I can tell you are an undergrad), and I can't see how Gaza relates, beyond Hamas being bolstered by Iran and guess who...OK, I'll tell you: Russia!

However, since you asked, Gaza is largely a product of two distinct groups of people, both with historical ties to a piece of land and they want to kill each other over it. For literally thousands of years. It is incredibly unfortunate that Hamas is completely evil and hides behind women and children. It is also unfortunate that a large portion of the Gaza population has been under their control for so long that it is hard to discern which ones are truly supportive of Hamas vs those that have to play the game to survive.

The thing that stands out to me the most is that if Hamas put down their guns today, there would be no war. If Israel put down its guns today there would be no Israel.

Long story short: complex history, no side in it is perfect, it would be nice if both groups would learn to coexist, it is a thousands of years old holy war, if you have an easy solution for that one, the whole world will benefit and I'll submit you for a Nobel Peace Prize

How does any of that have anything to do with keeping Putin from reassembling the USSR by steamrolling sovereign nations?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
There’s nothing wrong

Are you voting out the Republicans who have turned against their own immigration bill because Trump wants to keep the border as an election issue? I've never seen a weaker collective of "alphas"...

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I have 0 idea who has or hasnt weighed in on Tucker's Russia trip, I want that to be clear. I havent read, heard, or watched lefty media losing their minds over it, and that is simply because I havent looked for opinions on the matter.

I have no issue with Putin being interviewed by a journalist from the US. Others have tried to interview him and I wouldnt have had an issue then either.
But Carlson specifically?...yeah that guy is a clown and I am skeptical the content would be on par with actual journalists doing the interview.

You mention you dont know how much journalism Carlson actually does, and that brings up a huge point, which is one that in part shows why Carlson is now relegated to X for producing content(is he elsewhere now?...I dont know).
- Carlson is not a journalist. In 2020, his own lawyer/network argued in court that no 'reasonable viewer' would take Carlson seriously. The judge agreed with the premise and said that given Carlson's reputation, reasonable viewers have 'an appropriate amount of skepticism' about statements Carlson makes. info here
- Carlson is an entertainer who people look to for guidance on the latest outrage issue, regardless of accuracy or reality.
- Carlson is a large reason why FoxNews paid a record settlement for the lies that Carlson and others pushed about the 2020 election.

None of that was journalism. None of his 'just asking questions' is journalism.

Carlson is not a journalist because he has spent decades not being a journalist and instead being a commentator. When he has done 'investigative work', its been comically bad work like the j6 edited tapes debacle.

ETA- think about why Putin has refused to be interviewed by actual US journalists up to now, but granted Carlson access. Even Putin sees Carlson as a good opportunity to promote Putin's side of things.
This is a great resource: https://www.politifact.com/personalities/tucker-carlson/

For those not familiar with politifact, they analyze everyone, using the same criteria and the results are interesting. You can lookup anyone. Unsurprisingly, Trump is far and away the most dishonest person ever analyzed (he did have a few truths, which ole Tucker did not), but I'm sure that it's just targeting because he's "known as a strong Christian"...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Are you voting out the Republicans who have turned against their own immigration bill because Trump wants to keep the border as an election issue? I've never seen a weaker collective of "alphas"...
It's funny how Biden never had a problem with immigration for three years, and now it is a problem, along with the Ukraine and whatever pork is thrown through on the bill. I have a feeling if I had the Bill was just about immigration, it would pass today.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Not only is the border wide open but Biden just sued Texas for trying to close the border , don’t you follow the news ? What % of Schumer’s bill went for our own border compared to Israel and Ukraine’s ?

How much money does each illegal get on their debit card when processed by Biden’s DHS ? This is why we can’t have nice things.
At this point, you can't actually be serious. It would be easy to check and see that we are turning away more illegals at the border than ever before. It would be just as to see that we are seeing more people at the border than every before, so it's like it correlates and stuff. Illegals get debit cards? Interesting. I guess they vote too? I mean, I've never been to vote anywhere that they didn't verify that I was a registered voter in the precinct, with ID, but somewhere, because my sources tell me, there are hoards of illegals voting in polling locations that are overseen by both Republicans and Democrats who are somehow in collusion to let those illegals vote. How else can I explain that Trump lost by a landslide and even lost the race in places that other Republicans won? There's some kind of very complex 3D chess going on here and I'm deathly afraid of it even though it makes no sense, there's no truth in it and I can't explain it. Trump said it is true so it doesn't have to be logical or make any sense. In fact screw Occam and his stupid Razor!

• Haha
Reactions: 85Bears

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Big difference between "Educated" and knowledge or intelligence. Elites and close minded people believe in "Educated" as a stamp of validity; the problem is what are you getting "Educated" about?

I have plenty of "Education" and pieces of paper but I don't equate that automatically to knowledge or intelligence. Useful idiots are incapable of thinking for themselves.
Ok fella, I don't really feel like getting into a debate over semantic distinction, so lets just assume I meant to say "It has become much dumber".

• Haha
Reactions: HRMSU

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
…and still On Brand for SPS. 😂
space GIF

• Love

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
More fever dreams. Republicans haven't turned against their own immigration bill. A nominally republican senator "negotiated" a deal that didn't do much that is meaningful to restrict illegal immigration.

To be fair, I don't think there's a deal to be made right now. It's hard to craft a bill with the type of language that would get around the president just not enforcing the law, and to the extent that can even be done, the type of language required is not going to be acceptable to democrats I don't think. And also, there really isn't much of a need for new law if there is anybody interested in enforcing the current laws. We could pretty much deny out of hand any asylum claim from people other than from Mexicans, Canadians, and people fleeing caribbean countries directly to the US. Because they should seek asylum from teh first country they get to. They don't because they're not looking for asylum; they're looking for economic opportunity.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
More fever dreams. Republicans haven't turned against their own immigration bill. A nominally republican senator "negotiated" a deal that didn't do much that is meaningful to restrict illegal immigration.

To be fair, I don't think there's a deal to be made right now. It's hard to craft a bill with the type of language that would get around the president just not enforcing the law, and to the extent that can even be done, the type of language required is not going to be acceptable to democrats I don't think. And also, there really isn't much of a need for new law if there is anybody interested in enforcing the current laws. We could pretty much deny out of hand any asylum claim from people other than from Mexicans, Canadians, and people fleeing caribbean countries directly to the US. Because they should seek asylum from teh first country they get to. They don't because they're not looking for asylum; they're looking for economic opportunity.
By what I consider some pretty reputable sources, including some Republican lawmakers it was a very strong bill. Then Trump started making calls to get it stopped and my old party cowed down yet again. I hope there is a book written some day that tells the full sad story about how a lifelong Democrat and con man took over the Republican party. It is a great mystery.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

If the issue is so dire, and this latest bill is so worthless, I would think Republicans in the House would pass their own bill. Then they could say 'look at what we are actively doing to help America. Will the Senate and President choose to help America?', but they wont do that.
Why they wont do that is something worth honestly considering.

I have heard concerns of terrorists crossing the border, fentanyl flooding the US from down South, and a bunch of other crisis level concerns. You would think that with a situation as dire as this has been stated many times over by many in the House, they would have some legislation passed that would fix it.
...but nope.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
By what I consider some pretty reputable sources, including some Republican lawmakers it was a very strong bill. Then Trump started making calls to get it stopped and my old party cowed down yet again. I hope there is a book written some day that tells the full sad story about how a lifelong Democrat and con man took over the Republican party. It is a great mystery.
Considering how confidently you proclaimed that Trump was convicted of sexual assault, I would question who you think of as reputable sources.

The proposed bill is several hundred pages long and I certainly am not motivated to read it, but even CNN's takeaway emphasizes that the border does not close to illegal immigrants. If there is more than 35,000 illegal crossing in a week, DHS is required to send them to ports of entry. So basically that provision doesn't kick in unless we're on pace for more than 1.8M illegal crossings for the year, which would have been a record until like 2 years ago. Even if that was just a stand alone border deal, I think that alone might be a poison pill for republicans. But to tie that with a lot of spending that's not border related, why would you think that would be a winner with republicans?

Last edited:

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Ok fella, I don't really feel like getting into a debate over semantic distinction, so lets just assume I meant to say "It has become much dumber".
Keep toeing the line brother and don't let that water get too heavy

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If the issue is so dire, and this latest bill is so worthless, I would think Republicans in the House would pass their own bill. Then they could say 'look at what we are actively doing to help America. Will the Senate and President choose to help America?', but they wont do that.
Why they wont do that is something worth honestly considering.

I have heard concerns of terrorists crossing the border, fentanyl flooding the US from down South, and a bunch of other crisis level concerns. You would think that with a situation as dire as this has been stated many times over by many in the House, they would have some legislation passed that would fix it.
...but nope.
They should but that would be just a symbolic gesture. Not against symbolic gestures from legislators but there's only so much they can do as the majority party in one branch of the legislative branch. I get them not wasting the time on it. Again, it's hard to force the executive to do anything. It'd be nice if we had the type of politicians that took their oaths seriously and respected separation of powers, but the executive can more or less declare open borders by default.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
Nope. You’ve shown that the Analogy is On Point.

We gotta be Adults.

No Buffet Christianity Faux-Thinking Allowed.

Come back when you have a Viable Solution.

You’re piddling around looking for something perfect when there’s something Good available.
After the fall of the USSR, when discussing the issue of a reunified Germany, "we" (US James Baker) gave assurance to Gorbachev that NATO wouldn't expand "one inch to the east". receipt here, go to page 6 second paragraph. yet when you look at the eastern Europe NATO map today, they have pushed way more than an inch. Would you trust someone that told you X and did the opposite, is that proper 'adulting'?

Baker did caveat at the bottom of p4 in the link above that "The advice i give you may worth exactly the price you pay for it", so that was truthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login