War of the Worlds

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
And why did the Back to the Future clock use IV instead of the more common IIII in Roman numeral clocks?

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Marty had the flyer because Jennifer wrote her grandmother's phone number on it.

But I stick with, on a non digital, non second hand clock, there is no way you could time a freaking lightning strike, traveling at one foot per NANOSECOND. If Doc Browns cable was 500 feet long, the whole freakin' event was over in .0000005 seconds. You are not timing that with a mechanical clock and a flyer.
PS...the real flaw in Back To The Future....the inexcusable one, the one that as a musician sets my teeth on edge....:mad:

Johnny B Goode is in B flat, NOT B

1720104395241.png

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
How did Andy Dufresne get the poster of Raquel Welch affixed to the wall AFTER he escaped through the tunnel he dug behind it?

Magic Trick Abracadabra GIF by iliad

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
Now Jim, we've talked about this....:cool:
How well are you really going to remember someone you knew for a week 30 years prior?
That girl you met at the Jersey Shore as a sophomore in high school and spent the week holding hands with on the Boardwalk....could you pick her out of a lineup 30 years later?
Since that anecdote is actually a personal one, I can admit...probably not.
You remember what your high school friends look like because you spent years with them. But think about a kid you met at summer camp for 2 weeks....do you really remember exactly what he looks like or do you just have vague memories and could you honestly say 30 years later that someone looks EXACTLY like that person?

Now the REAL flaw in back to the Future is that the clock tower is NOT digital. There was no way of knowing lightning struck at 10:04:00....could have been 10:04:15 or 10:04:32 or 10:04:59

That and Doc calculated exactly when Marty had to start driving, when the alarm goes off. That hook is only going to make contact with that line for a split second. The margin of error there is so slim. Yet the car stalls and then won’t start. It takes what, between five and ten seconds before Marty gets the car started and then hits the pedal. Was there really that much margin of error in the calculations Doc did?

BTTF is my favorite movie of all time but like most movies you have to suspend your disbelief or else it’s not enjoyable.

Reactions: PSU87 and LionJim

Latest posts