Way OT—TuneIn Radio

WEP6-12

Nov 1, 2021
My ancient radios are done so I am looking at TuneIn Radio. It is a phone app you can access to listen to game broadcasts. Anybody use it? Any other options you use? I am a little concerned I couldn’t get the app to open given the Happy Valley technology challenges on game day. TIA for any insight!

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Do you have XM/Sirius for your car? If so, you can get it for free on an app on your phone. I believe you can pick up games from that. Still would have access issues within the stadium though.

Reactions: WEP6-12

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
My ancient radios are done so I am looking at TuneIn Radio. It is a phone app you can access to listen to game broadcasts. Anybody use it? Any other options you use? I am a little concerned I couldn’t get the app to open given the Happy Valley technology challenges on game day. TIA for any insight!
Didn't work for me. I went with a simple am/fm I found at either Walmart or CVS. Also Amazon has some for less than $15.

Reactions: mmp121 and WEP6-12

WEP6-12

Nov 1, 2021
Do you have XM/Sirius for your car? If so, you can get it for free on an app on your phone. I believe you can pick up games from that. Still would have access issues within the stadium though.
I do have XM. But @bbrown and others have suggested that I stay old school and stay away from any reliance on stadium technology (or more accurately, lack of it).

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I surmise that the OP is talking about listening to the game while in Beaver Stadium. If true, then I’d go with an old school radio to avoid the stadium internet issues.

Reactions: WEP6-12 and mmp121

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
I use tunein for the pregame. It works fine. Just tune in to WBUS. If you’re looking for something inside the stadium, the only current reliable method is old school radio. I cannot get on the WiFi or my network during the game.

Zenophile

Oct 7, 2021
I mean if you want to hear the broadcast 'legally' just use the Penn State Athletics Mobile app. It has the live radio stream.

Just don’t count on being able to use it in the stadium on game day. Transistor radio is the way to go for that application.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
I surmise that the OP is talking about listening to the game while in Beaver Stadium. If true, then I’d go with an old school radio to avoid the stadium internet issues.
Would they even let you bring a radio in these days? Back in the day, fans used to hide booze in radios.(First hand experience on this one). However, since they sell booze in the stadium these days you really don't need to smuggle it in anymore.

Reactions: Zenophile

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Would they even let you bring a radio in these days? Back in the day, fans used to hide booze in radios.(First hand experience on this one). However, since they sell booze in the stadium these days you really don't need to smuggle it in anymore.
Yes, you can

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Yes on the radio. The only issue I ever had was I bring an extra set of batteries and the one time the person scanning me said I couldn’t bring them in because I could throw them🙄 I ignored him and went through anyway.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login