We all agree, Beaner is a good man. But time’s up!

Kpmack

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Jan 18, 2022
For me it’s how the team performs on the field. You can absolutely tell if a team is well coached and this team is very poorly coached. We desperately need a coach and staff that can get the absolute most out of the talent that’s present. Make no mistake we do have a lot of talent but we have piss poor coaching. Sorry but this result came after a bye week. It’s unacceptable and clearly shows the huge gap we have in the coaching ranks.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Whatever “good guy” equity Beaner had is gone. You can tell he’s a good guy, loves his kids, his players, etc., but we’re in this to win! Not Make A Wish. Beaner has to go after next season—5 years seems more than fair.
queue the guys who say we should keep him because we won't find anyone better in 5,4,3,...

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
After next season?
I have the same reaction.
For me it’s how the team performs on the field. You can absolutely tell if a team is well coached and this team is very poorly coached. We desperately need a coach and staff that can get the absolute most out of the talent that’s present. Make no mistake we do have a lot of talent but we have piss poor coaching. Sorry but this result came after a bye week. It’s unacceptable and clearly shows the huge gap we have in the coaching ranks.
We are tied at 104th in the nation for penalties. Just one sign of a poorly coached team.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
I have the same reaction.

We are tied at 104th in the nation for penalties. Just one sign of a poorly coached team.
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that every year that the officials come out giving the heads up that they will be enforcing a new rule or warn every team they will be strictly enforcing a rule they may have been a little slack about in the past, we just blow that off. I mean every year we get those warnings we seem to lead the country in committing those penalties. Sure seems that was anyway. Mind blowing

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I don't agree. Let's be the program that breaks the mold. Not only should we not fire him, but let's keep rolling over his contract, but without any raises. Let's stop paying people big money not to work for us. We have good fans. Many of them will still come to games, especially if we have good opponents to watch. Let's schedule nothing but Power Four OOC opponents. We'll do alright financially and set a different standard for managing coaches.

Reactions: PrestonyteParrot

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I don't agree. Let's be the program that breaks the mold. Not only should we not fire him, but let's keep rolling over his contract, but without any raises. Let's stop paying people big money not to work for us. We have good fans. Many of them will still come to games, especially if we have good opponents to watch. Let's schedule nothing but Power Four OOC opponents. We'll do alright financially and set a different standard for managing coaches.
I'm not necessarily against this idea, but what would your cut-off point be? If we elect to take the "patient route," where does our patience wear out? I do like the idea of extensions without raises in a general sense - would love to see a lot more of that in college football for coaches who have not yet proven to be high performers.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I'm not necessarily against this idea, but what would your cut-off point be? If we elect to take the "patient route," where does our patience wear out? I do like the idea of extensions without raises in a general sense - would love to see a lot more of that in college football for coaches who have not yet proven to be high performers.
No cut-off point. Become the only major school, or at least the first one, to award tenure to the head coach, irrespective of record. We would at least be a novelty. Right now, we aren't anything unique.

BoneSpur

Jun 17, 2024
No cut-off point. Become the only major school, or at least the first one, to award tenure to the head coach, irrespective of record. We would at least be a novelty. Right now, we aren't anything unique.
Unique to me would be for the university to create its own NIL generating money machine. Literally pay all scholarship players good money. We become the place players want to come to, not a stepping stone. Have the players sign incentive based contracts. No, that is not going to occur as I am being a bit sarcastic here.
What is also not going to occur, using the same antics and expecting a powerhouse of a football program. We ain't Bama, UGA, Ohio St. or <fill in the blank of a named school that thinks they are better>.

The ONLY way I see true change happening is for fans to boycott home games and not show up. I would love to know the amount of money generated on game days. Cut off the money, and then you will see change. Also hiring a legit AD would suffice...

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
This sounds reasonable to me. Cutting a new path may be our only way out of this cycle we are in.

Reactions: KingWard

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
Ya know what I find funny? So many people are upset because we lost to a team that we were supposed to lose to. If we hadn't beaten Kentucky (remember it was an upset) people would never have thought we had a chance against ole miss.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Ya know what I find funny? So many people are upset because we lost to a team that we were supposed to lose to. If we hadn't beaten Kentucky (remember it was an upset) people would never have thought we had a chance against ole miss.

There's also how we looked playing. We were supposed to beat ODU, but looked like garbage against them. We won, but it was concerning.

So it's possible to lose a game we thought we would lose, and still be a little ticked about how we looked losing.

Reactions: 92Pony

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Prior performance is not an indicator of future success, and how. 😅

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

I'm not so much upset that we lost. I'm upset that it looked like total amateur hour out there, coaches and players included. We looked like complete clowns. We were an embarrassment to football.

• Love
Reactions: Evilchicken

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
Unique to me would be for the university to create its own NIL generating money machine. Literally pay all scholarship players good money. We become the place players want to come to, not a stepping stone. Have the players sign incentive based contracts. No, that is not going to occur as I am being a bit sarcastic here.
What is also not going to occur, using the same antics and expecting a powerhouse of a football program. We ain't Bama, UGA, Ohio St. or <fill in the blank of a named school that thinks they are better>.

The ONLY way I see true change happening is for fans to boycott home games and not show up. I would love to know the amount of money generated on game days. Cut off the money, and then you will see change. Also hiring a legit AD would suffice...
I don't think schools or programs can create NIL collectives, it is against the rules. If it were possible, who funds it? Does the school charge an NIL fee to every student? I'm not sure that would go over very well with students who are borrowing money to go to school if they had to borrow more to pay other students to play a sport the regular student may or may not follow.

The unravelling of college football has begun. Look at FSU, their players have pretty well quit for the season. They have no attachment to the school, they are already looking ahead to entering the portal and getting their next NIL deal.

Reactions: BoneSpur

Benjdan

Joined Mar 4, 2007
Feb 19, 2022
Well, I say this because I’m trying to anticipate Tanner’s thought process, and this year has yet to play out. 5 years is a nice sample size of a coach’s ability. But I’m fine if he’s gone after 4.
It’s not up to Tanner anymore.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It makes me wonder, how many of us could blow 50% or more of our assignments on the job and tell our boss after every one "That was on me. I just gotta do a better job". How many times do you think you could get away with telling your boss that before he said "You're right, that is on you. You're fired."

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

If you could get people together on that, it would force some changes, but only lead to another iteration of what we aren't good at. I've put forth a path towards distinction. People ought to think it through.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Ole Miss are ultimately candy-@$$e$. You'll see. Kentucky already demonstrated it.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I don't think schools or programs can create NIL collectives, it is against the rules. If it were possible, who funds it? Does the school charge an NIL fee to every student? I'm not sure that would go over very well with students who are borrowing money to go to school if they had to borrow more to pay other students to play a sport the regular student may or may not follow.

The unravelling of college football has begun. Look at FSU, their players have pretty well quit for the season. They have no attachment to the school, they are already looking ahead to entering the portal and getting their next NIL deal.
We don't have the horsepower to excel in this pursuit whatsoever. Dawn has gotten some things done with respect to her girls because she only has 13 of them. She doesn't even field the allowable number.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
It's the only way we'll ever distinguish ourselves in college football. We've tried everything else.
It would certainly get some attention from media and recruits. The big question is could we execute it properly and use it to our advantage.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login