We all, me included, just need to chill.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Lebby gets three years. If he doesn't, we are screwed for at least two to three DECADES. A program like MSU can NOT get a reputation for a quick trigger, unless y'all want to hire the Mantachie Jr High coach net time.

We agree that he should get three years, but part of me wants to set a match to everything we have at Mississippi State regarding our football team. I have been following this team since the early 1970s. I have never seen anything this bad here at Mississippi State.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I not even watching the game. I’ve got Ga and Ky on and just enjoying football with no emotions.
I'm watching it too and it's pissing me off about as much as our game. There's NO GOOD DAMN reason Kentucky should have a better team than us. None. Zip.

Reactions: patdog

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Lebby gets three years. If he doesn't, we are screwed for at least two to three DECADES. A program like MSU can NOT get a reputation for a quick trigger, unless y'all want to hire the Mantachie Jr High coach net time.
Love the guy but it's definitely not him. We just aren't going to compete in this new age of college football. We do not have SEC talent and recruiting is just going to get harder and harder.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Not a single fit, or cuss word tonight. Haven’t even had a beer, and I’m still this crap.

somehow, I expected this!

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I’m not saying that you’re wrong, but you are a true loyalist. You were the same with Moorhead.
I had more reason then. This team absolutely SUCKS, Tech and 10 in my lifetime is the only comparison. I'd fire Lebby tonight if I thought it would help. It won't. Doing that would be a disaster of beyond epic proportions. He absolutely gets three years. We made our bed a few years ago, have to lie in it for a while now. I hate to say it.........................

Reactions: patdog
Oct 31, 2006
We agree that he should get three years, but part of me wants to set a match to everything we have at Mississippi State regarding our football team. I have been following this team since the early 1970s. I have never seen anything this bad here at Mississippi State.
Is this team worse than Tech and 10?

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Lebby gets three years. If he doesn't, we are screwed for at least two to three DECADES. A program like MSU can NOT get a reputation for a quick trigger, unless y'all want to hire the Mantachie Jr High coach next time.
I would love to be as big of a powerhouse as Mantachie Jr. High and that’s coming from a Trooper/Chieftain.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I agree, but we can't. He has to get three years.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
LOL,.......typical for you and your generation! Shouting down an argument without addressing it intellectually. Your response to this is predictable for sure. I fear for our future.
You are looking at our future.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
I’m about as wait and see as it gets.
Getting pushed around by a MAC team is a new level of low

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
Agreed brother
Grad 1976.
seen a lot of bad teams. This is the worse by a long shot.
We were always in the S**t games we lost to S****y teams.
Never seen this kind of ineptitude in a long time.
(Yes I contribute)

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm trying to chill. And we may as well give Lebby 3 years. NIL has killed our program.
Until they find some way to control the spending at each school on players, it will only get worse. You are about to see the rich get richer. Now we rather let money in our game it's going to take control.

Can we get any more penalties tonight? We had 10 - 104 yards.
I can't remember us having this many penalties against a non-SEC team.

I think I feel the most sorry for our players. It's not their fault that they have been given terrible leadership.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Agreed brother
Grad 1976.
seen a lot of bad teams. This is the worse by a long shot.
We were always in the S**t games we lost to S****y teams.
Never seen this kind of ineptitude in a long time.
(Yes I contribute)
Parents started taking me to games in about 1977. Mother class of ‘68. Grandmother 1926. My Dad told me about his time ‘65–‘71 and the catch us if you can year. Class of ‘93 myself. I haven’t seen it this bad by a long way.

Reactions: skipperDawg

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We had a perfect storm of “Mississippi State” happen to get us here.

Terrible AD loses the best football coach we’ve had in 60+ years, and replaces him with a cheap, “cerebral” hire. This coach takes the best team we’ve had in years and does nothing with them, and is fired within 2 years.

Normally, this would be seen as suicidal. But, we replace him with a “legendary” sitting P5 coach so all is forgiven. This coach runs a system we all know will never be run when anybody else takes over, so you’re guaranteed a complete rebuild when the next guy comes in.

Legendary coach passed away right before the season in which his best team yet takes the field. We mistakenly commit to hiring a staffer, instead of tagging him as interim HC.

This HC takes the best team we’ve had in 5+ years and barely wins 5 games. He’s fired after one season, instead of gracefully having the interim tag removed so a real coach could take over. And, we are left with the impossible task of a new AD hiring a new HC while we look like psychos. At the *** end of a talent cycle. In the NIL era.

Name one other school that could get themselves into this ********. I’ll hang up and listen.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Love the guy but it's definitely not him. We just aren't going to compete in this new age of college football. We do not have SEC talent and recruiting is just going to get harder and harder.
^ this....sorry but NIL and unlimited transfers/open portal put a nail in our coffin. Flame away and I'll wait until I'm proven wrong.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Lebby gets three years. If he doesn't, we are screwed for at least two to three DECADES. A program like MSU can NOT get a reputation for a quick trigger, unless y'all want to hire the Mantachie Jr High coach next time.
NIL was not the issue last week or this week. Neither of those teams are outspending us in NIL.
We’ve looked like hot steaming garbage for two weeks straight, on both sides of the ball, and it only gets tougher from here.
There are no positives right now. And unless something changes, it’s going to be really hard to write a check for season tickets next year. Why on earth would I spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of being humiliated like that week after week?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
NIL was not the issue last week or this week. Neither of those teams are outspending us in NIL.
We’ve looked like hot steaming garbage for two weeks straight, on both sides of the ball, and it only gets tougher from here.
There are no positives right now. And unless something changes, it’s going to be really hard to write a check for season tickets next year. Why on earth would I spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of being humiliated like that week after week?
So you are down for the Mantachie Jr. High Coach then,

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Is the Mantachie Jr. High Coach even willing to take this dumpster fire?

Reactions: eckie1

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
1967 for me. I was 14 when I switched allegiance from The Confederacy to The Peoples University!

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
You do realize this is the result of hiring Leach, right? Even his beat teams were known for being weak in the trenches which wasn‘t that big of a deal for an Air Raid team playing in the Big 12 back in the day.

When he left Tech and WSU, it was a multi-year rebuild. We’re in the middle of that right now. Throw in NIL and the portal and it’s an absolute shıt show for us.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login