We all, me included, just need to chill.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
We agree that he should get three years, but part of me wants to set a match to everything we have at Mississippi State regarding our football team. I have been following this team since the early 1970s. I have never seen anything this bad here at Mississippi State.
Croom and Arnett were both worse than this…

Us old farts were spoiled by Mullen…

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Lebby gets three years. If he doesn't, we are screwed for at least two to three DECADES. A program like MSU can NOT get a reputation for a quick trigger, unless y'all want to hire the Mantachie Jr High coach next time.
We are done. Welcome back to the Felker years, if not worse. We can not compete with what college football has become.

Reactions: HRMSU

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I'm trying to chill. And we may as well give Lebby 3 years. NIL has killed our program.

NIL was not the issue last week or this week. Neither of those teams are outspending us in NIL.
We’ve looked like hot steaming garbage for two weeks straight, on both sides of the ball, and it only gets tougher from here.
There are no positives right now. And unless something changes, it’s going to be really hard to write a check for season tickets next year. Why on earth would I spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of being humiliated like that week after week?
Do you not get that we have what we got because of NIL/portal or the lack thereof? You can't think of this in a vacuum.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Well in 88, we lost to 6-5 Memphis and Tulane teams. So maybe that's as bad as tonight. We did score 30+ pts on Bama and UGA in losses .

I bet we don't score 30+ in any sec game this year. I think this year is worse so far.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Lebby gets three years. If he doesn't, we are screwed for at least two to three DECADES. A program like MSU can NOT get a reputation for a quick trigger, unless y'all want to hire the Mantachie Jr High coach next time.
Signed,

Guy who thinks Larry Templeton was good for MSU.

I'm not willing to be 1948-1991 MSU again.

Maybe you are.

% sacks and 66 yards rushing vs a mac team is unacceptabe.

Lebby should be on notice, and the Selmon, and the Keenum.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Signed,

Maybe you are.

So what are you going to do genius? Fire Lebby? That would be 4 coaches in less than four years. That would be absolute insanity.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You do realize this is the result of hiring Leach, right? Even his beat teams were known for being weak in the trenches which wasn‘t that big of a deal for an Air Raid team playing in the Big 12 back in the day.

When he left Tech and WSU, it was a multi-year rebuild. We’re in the middle of that right now. Throw in NIL and the portal and it’s an absolute shıt show for us.
Right, dumbass

Lebby suxxxxxxxxx

• Haha
Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
We had a perfect storm of “Mississippi State” happen to get us here.

Terrible AD loses the best football coach we’ve had in 60+ years, and replaces him with a cheap, “cerebral” hire. This coach takes the best team we’ve had in years and does nothing with them, and is fired within 2 years.

Normally, this would be seen as suicidal. But, we replace him with a “legendary” sitting P5 coach so all is forgiven. This coach runs a system we all know will never be run when anybody else takes over, so you’re guaranteed a complete rebuild when the next guy comes in.

Legendary coach passed away right before the season in which his best team yet takes the field. We mistakenly commit to hiring a staffer, instead of tagging him as interim HC.

This HC takes the best team we’ve had in 5+ years and barely wins 5 games. He’s fired after one season, instead of gracefully having the interim tag removed so a real coach could take over. And, we are left with the impossible task of a new AD hiring a new HC while we look like psychos. At the *** end of a talent cycle. In the NIL era.

Name one other school that could get themselves into this ********. I’ll hang up and listen.
To be fair, Leach dying after Cohen ****** us by leaving for Auburn, is how we ended up with Arnett. Arnett wasn't ready but without an AD , we had no time to try to save the signing class. maybe in retrospect we hire an AD, then a coach and let the class go last year. But that's hard to decide at the time.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
&elmon ain't firing Lebby. The best bet to lose Lebby is for him to pull a Chip Kelly, and just walk out for a OC job.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
So what are you going to do genius? Fire Lebby? That would be 4 coaches in less than four years. That would be absolute insanity.
What could go wrong? We suck and only score 17 points on a bad MAC team?

Or we get sacked 5 times on a bad MAc team?

Maybe we suck and allows 245 rushing yard to an average Big12 running back?

Seriously. I'm telling him that he was hired to average 35 PPG.

Period.

Best get his happy asss coaching for that.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I have never seen a fan base in such need of a collective enema. We ALL need a clean out and a total reset.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You do realize this is the result of hiring Leach, right? Even his beat teams were known for being weak in the trenches which wasn‘t that big of a deal for an Air Raid team playing in the Big 12 back in the day.

When he left Tech and WSU, it was a multi-year rebuild. We’re in the middle of that right now. Throw in NIL and the portal and it’s an absolute shıt show for us.
Absolutely nailed it.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What could go wrong? We suck and only score 17 points on a bad MAC team?

Or we get sacked 5 times on a bad MAc team?

Maybe we suck and allows 245 rushing yard to an average Big12 running back?

Seriously. I'm telling him that he was hired to average 35 PPG.

Period.

Best get his happy asss coaching for that.
Lol, you are down for the the ASSISTANT Mantachie Jr high guy then.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Lol, you are down for the the ASSISTANT Mantachie Jr high guy then.
LOL you want LT to choose Bobby Wallace again?

You think there are not arrogant Sons of bitches that think they can do it? U=You have not met many coaches then....

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Yeah we need to get ride of the old **** that thinks this is an acceptable outcome.
It would definitely include those who insert absolutely bogus opinions in others mouths. And I mean get RID of such. You can ride yourself
Cowboy.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Any coach worth anything would show some microcosm of improvement in our performance. I'll hang up and listen for our improvement between now and the end of the season. You do have to give the man this season, but you also have something somewhere in your team to look forward to.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
So you are down for the Mantachie Jr. High Coach then,
I didn’t say fire the guy. He’s getting two years at absolute minimum. More likely at least 3. And I’m not ready to write the guy off, even if it would do any good.
Neither am I making excuses for him. This team so far is PUTRID, as Hadad would say. Expectations were as low as they’ve been in many years, and he has managed to fall woefully short of even that. It sucks.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Do you not get that we have what we got because of NIL/portal or the lack thereof? You can't think of this in a vacuum.
Our issues cannot be solely be the fault of NIL. If NIL was the only factor, we should have a top 50 team at least. We’ve consistently recruited in the top 40, anyway, and usually better than that. (Not taking the time to look this up). Right now as a team we don’t look like we crack the top 100. So whether it’s poor evaluation, poor development, poor scheme, poor preparation, poor motivation, or every bit of it- we have major issues beyond just NIL.
NIL is one reason we can’t expect to compete with Alabama and Georgia right now. It’s not a reason we can’t compete with Arizona State and freaking Toledo.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Our issues cannot be solely be the fault of NIL. If NIL was the only factor, we should have a top 50 team at least. We’ve consistently recruited in the top 40, anyway, and usually better than that. (Not taking the time to look this up). Right now as a team we don’t look like we crack the top 100. So whether it’s poor evaluation, poor development, poor scheme, poor preparation, poor motivation, or every bit of it- we have major issues beyond just NIL.
NIL is one reason we can’t expect to compete with Alabama and Georgia right now. It’s not a reason we can’t compete with Arizona State and freaking Toledo.
Couldn't agree more. My main point is we've been here before under the old structure and been able to "blue collar" our way out. Under the new model I don't think that's possible but I could be wrong. Now, if we landed some big swinging D coach who is more a recruiter and plug and play guy then we could turn it around quick with this model but since when have we ever landed that type of coach....ever!

Maybe we should poor all our money into landing a "personality" coach but I don't see top players coming without having their hands out.

We deserve the system we have. The playoffs will be great and the blue bloods will get better so it will be top notch football for them but the middle class of college football is going to continue to suffer. I'd bet that you may see some programs shut down or break away at some point.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I agree, but we can't. He has to get three years.
Not in the day of plug and play new players/team. If a coach doesn't show improvement in 2 they gone because what can they do in year 3 of buying a team that they couldn't do in year 1 and two of buying it?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We already have the reputation of having a quick trigger with coaches. It's hurts us when making a hire.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
WSU beat the team that played for the national Champ game today....

Not sure how that "Mutli Year rebuild" means...
He has been gone from WSU for 5 years now. That team "that played for the national Champ game" was quarterbacked by Will Rogers yesterday. 😂

Aug 22, 2012
Although I agree with sentiments of NIL. Do we really think Toledo is out spending mad cash on players ? No. We were out coached. Our team looks weak, soft and ill prepared. Strength and conditioning is terrible and our D cant tackle. Too many dumb penalties. We’re talking fundamental football that has nothing to do with NIL money. Getting manhandled by a MAC team ? Just disgusting.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I think it is safe to say we spend more on NIL than Toledo. However watching that game in person, their DL was as large as our OL and absolutely whipped our OL when they had to.

Also, so many plays but one in particular, Toledo threw a pass out wide to the RB. 15 closed and was there to make the tackle. Toledos RB ran through our guy to turn a negative play into 10 yard gain. That play was all about the Toledo RB being stronger.

But with all that said, I don't think our coaching is worth a damn either.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Signed,

Maybe you are.

1991?? You act like all of Sherrill’s tenure and the Croom years were our glory days??

I was a student at State in 93-95 and remember those crappy seasons. Croom was even worse. We were spoiled by Mullen and are now facing a multi-year rebuild thanks to Leach‘s niche system.

Reactions: msstatelp1

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
WSU beat the team that played for the national Champ game today....

Not sure how that "Mutli Year rebuild" means...
Well, Leach left WSU at the end of the 2019 season. It”s now 2024. Do I need to do the math for you? 2019 - 2024 = MULTIPLE YEARS

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The real damage to the program is done when you stick with something you know isn't the answer. IDGAF what other people think about the program.

Reactions: 85Bears and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
The real damage to the program is done when you stick with something you know isn't the answer. IDGAF what other people think about the program.
Exactly. Doesn't matter what's happened in the past. If you've got a bad coach, it's never going to get any better by keeping him around longer. It just keeps getting worse.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Why other people think matters more than what we think about it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login