We are picked last in the west for baseball by the coaches...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lemonis wanting to drop those expectations.

It is starting to sink in that we lost things like Tanner behind the plate, things that have been overlooked.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I just don't see a legitimate excuse for this happening to Mississippi State baseball. Those accountable need to go...who ever they are.
LSU didn't make a regional in 2011, after winning the natty 2 years before it.

We did this same thing in 2015.

Ya'll need to chill with this fatalistic crap. Any rational minded person knows why our season tanked last year. PITCHING INJURIES. More than normal amount.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Is this the thing where everybody just looks at last year’s standings, counts the number of returning starters from last year’s teams, and makes a prediction based on nothing besides that? If so, I’d wonder why we aren’t 14th. I remember doing that with MSU football depth charts in Athlon in the 8th grade.

But interestingly enough, there’s actually a whole shitload more variables that affect the results of a season. Who knew?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
we suck again GIF

randystewart

Jan 14, 2009
Lemonis wanting to drop those expectations.

It is starting to sink in that we lost things like Tanner behind the plate, things that have been overlooked.
There were major locker room issues on the team last year *one possibly mentioned above from people you expected to be team leaders but were anything but. I think we'll be much better this year

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
It’s all on pitching. A few misses on guys that Havnt panned out and a few leaving early plus injuries last season have left a huge void.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
There's no reason we shouldn't expect a 180 from last year. Our Baseball Program has no bidness sucking to the degree it did last year. NONE. Fixin' Problems is the HC's JOB. Lemonis needs to "Handle It , Handle It , Handle It." Case Closed.

Reactions: cytubb

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Looking forward to seeing guys that might be a weekend starter by the end of the season.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Auburn and A&M were picked 6th and 7th last year in the West as well. Anyone in the SEC can make it to Omaha. It doesn't matter what a pre season poll says. Everyone is talented in this league. Let's stay healthy and find a good line up and roll with. We will be fine.

Reactions: L4MANDW

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
If there is not marked improvement to last year, there needs to be a new coaching staff

yes he’s won a NC with mainly Cohen and Cannizzaro recruits (I know Bednar) - but could this be trending closer to his Indiana teams which on average were 35-23 in the B10
I think this is closer to what we'll see. I don't expect a repeat of last year. I do expect us to better on the mound but how much remains to be seen. The offense appears to be pretty solid from all accounts. We'll know more in 8 days.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Just telling you now don’t get all frustrated when we suck you were warned

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but our pitching staff really went through the a lot last year between injuries, and just not having anybody we could depend upon out of the bullpen. We had some spotty offense but nobody who was really scary down through our batting order. if I was picking this conference based on last year, I would've picked us in last place too.

I am looking forward to what we're going to do because Mississippi State almost always reloads with good players. They may take a year or two to develop, but they usually do. We just started with the NIL and have the portal to get players. I seem to remember we grabbed a player or two that way.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I feel good about our season. The only thing that really troubles me is our conference schedule is really tough.

@ Kentucky
Vandy
South Carolina
@ Alabama
Ole Miss
@Auburn
@Tennesse
Arkansas
@LSU
Texas A&M

It's always gonna be tough in the SEC West, but Ouch!

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
NIL money is gonna matter. Can we get John Grisham to pony up?

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We will not suck if we find the correct combination of pitchers. That what Coach Fox told us last year. You saw how that turned out.

We have hitters, y’all. We will score runs. We won’t finish last.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
LSU didn't make a regional in 2011, after winning the natty 2 years before it.

We did this same thing in 2015.

Ya'll need to chill with this fatalistic crap. Any rational minded person knows why our season tanked last year. PITCHING INJURIES. More than normal amount.
And how how LSU been since that title? How many have they won?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login