We are void of talent on defense...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Of course there’s no reason. I told you, dipshlt, I don’t hate Lebby.
You haven't give a specific reason for thinking he isn't the guy either. You were saying this before he ever coached a game. I spelled my reasons out in detail, both personal preferences and objectively the day Leach was hired. The objective stuff has turned out exactly as I said it would. The personal preference remains just that. I'd accept that as a reason from you. If you don't like sprouts, you don't like sprouts. Some people hate big ole T-bone steaks too. Taste is taste.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You haven't give a specific reason for thinking he isn't the guy either. You were saying this before he ever coached a game. I spelled my reasons out in detail, both personal preferences and objectively the day Leach was hired. The objective stuff has turned out exactly as I said it would. The personal preference remains just that. I'd accept that as a reason from you. If you don't like sprouts, you don't like sprouts. Some people hate big ole T-bone steaks too. Taste is taste.
Ok, I’ll indulge.

He’s a first year coach;
Reports are, he wasn’t big on discipline, and got into it with Venables at OU;
Briles connection;
His offense is commonplace;
He was an easy hire for Salmon;
He reminded me of Moorhead;
I wanted a proven coach.

Is that enough?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Ok, I’ll indulge.

He’s a first year coach;
Reports are, he wasn’t big on discipline, and got into it with Venables at OU;
Briles connection;
His offense is commonplace;
He was an easy hire for Salmon;
He reminded me of Moorhead;
I wanted a proven coach.

Is that enough?
That's all personal or here say, but acceptable. The thing is your tune has changed. You thought he was a run the ball first guy. You said so repeatedly. Literally everyone but you knew that wasn't even close to being right.

Here is a fact, like it or not. And I'm not sure if I like it or not. Lebby is getting a pass this year. He will probably get two more years minimum. His staff MAY too, or may not. We cant really fire anyone yet, if we want to make a decent hire afterwards. A rep for a quick trigger at Florida is one thing, at MSU it's something else. Perception is everything among coaches.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's all personal or here say, but acceptable. The thing is your tune has changed. You thought he was a run the ball first guy. You said so repeatedly. Literally everyone but you knew that wasn't even close to being right.

Here is a fact, like it or not. And I'm not sure if I like it or not. Lebby is getting a pass this year. He will probably get two more years minimum. His staff MAY too, or may not. We cant really fire anyone yet, if we want to make a decent hire afterwards. A rep for a quick trigger at Florida is one thing, at MSU it's something else. Perception is everything among coaches.
He’s definitely a RuN dA bAwLeR

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
It's just incredibly difficult when there's so many things your team is deficient at. If there was one or two things we were actually good at it would be different. But we're making stupid penalties, we're not taking care of the football, our defensive alignments and coverage responsibilities are a complete mystery to our players. I doubt most of them even understand the play calls coming in from the sidelines. There's a lack of leadership, and there is just what I would describe as a bunch of bodies that aren't SEC ready. We look like a junior college team physically and we play like a SWAC TEAM (MVSU) when it comes to assignment football. It's just incredibly embarrassing and ridiculous that we're paying this much money to a coaching staff that is underperforming at a level that is supposed to be SEC football.
Hammer meet nail

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Respectfully disagree our scheme has been shotty all year, putting 5 in the box against obvious running formation. Inexplicable stunts on the Dline leaving offensive lineman at the third level looking for someone to block. Yes we lack talent, because we decided to get a bazillion receivers in the portal. But the defensive scheme is unimaginative and there is no significant adjustments being made
Yeah, we sort of knew we were thin on D before the season started and once we got well down the road it was evident we were even worse than most thought.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I had picked us to win skeptically tho before seeing the injury report. After seeing our 3 starting DL questionable I revised my thinking. Good running team going against a defense with no DL ? Not good. So I'm not sure what anyone thought we were gonna be able to do with a couple freshmen and some rag tag DL. It was pitiful to watch. I actually had to stop watching and switch to the radio but couldn't stand that either. This garbage is unfollowable period. This staff is gonna drag us thru the desert for a couple seasons. I won't be optimistic until I see 3 highly ranked DL signed to the squad. Bare minimum. Imo we coulda not signed Akharyi and Trent Hudson and added 2 REAL Dlinemen and came out ahead. Coleman has been good but we coulda passed on him. Creed can do what Coleman does. Just my opinion there. Edited to add: Also I am about tired of this coachspeak bullsh*t. Incredibly intentional blah blah blah. Stfu and win.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login