We could easily be 9-1 or 8-2 right now...

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Rogers and Leach have us going in the right directions
Let's win the damn Egg now!!!

If it was easy we could be. But it ain't. Two blown ref calls and we tend to come out a little flat. That **** is hard to overcome.

but HAIL STATE. Win these next 3!

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
We win the Egg Bowl, and that horrible Memphis call is what keeps us out of a NY6 bowl. We are owed more than an apology!

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
We could fairly blame the refs but ultimately it was poor special teams play that lost those games. If the team can pull together and be complete they cannot be stopped over the next three games. There are serious questions about the O line next year but if they can find suitable replacements I think the offense will take another stride forward.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We got repaid for that game with the officiating in the Auburn game.

There was one questionable P.I. call, but Moultry launched himself into Rogers. He was not going for a pass breakup. He may not have led with his crown, but that was targeting.

The reviewed calls all seemed to go our way and they SHOULD have. We usually don't get those.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I think it was correct call based on the rules but the rules suck.

But their wasn’t a defining call that clearly helped us beat auburn.

We the the Punt return against Memphis and the holding call against auburn that would have effectively ended the game.

None of that matters though. What matters is we are 6-4 and have been in every game but Alabama.

We need to finish strong. I don’t want to lose to ole miss but if we do abs are competitive it won’t be the end of the world.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Technically, all they did in the Auburn game was their job. I hate that the targeting call on the Auburn player on the sack is targeting, but by the rule, it is. And the overturn of the call on our DB was obviously the correct call.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
I dont think the Memphis game is what will be the reason for us not getting into a NY6 Bowl, it will be the Arkansas game. The committee showed with their first ranking that they did not heavily weigh the Memphis or the LSU loss. We had a good ranking going into the Arkansas game and fell out after that loss. If we would have won that game we would have been top 15, and then winning at Auburn would have likely placed us at 10ish....fast forward to the egg bowl and with them being ranked where they are, if we win comes a NY6.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
But their wasn’t a defining call that clearly helped us beat auburn.
You are correct on this.

But do you remember that we were down 21-17 to Memphis and they were getting the ball back at the time of that punt return? There's no guarantees we win that game.

The Arkansas call was definitely a game changer, but it wasn't as egregious and just because it happened at a bad time, doesn't mean it was more impactful than other calls. It just seems that way.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I dont think the Memphis game is what will be the reason for us not getting into a NY6 Bowl, it will be the Arkansas game. The committee showed with their first ranking that they did not heavily weigh the Memphis or the LSU loss. We had a good ranking going into the Arkansas game and fell out after that loss. If we would have won that game we would have been top 15, and then winning at Auburn would have likely placed us at 10ish....fast forward to the egg bowl and with them being ranked where they are, if we win comes a NY6.

If Bama beats Arkie, Aubie, and GA in the championship game and we win out, we're going to a NICE Bowl.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Unless one or both of them lose to LSU (not likely), I think Mississippi and A&M pretty much have the Sugar and Citrus locked up if Bama makes it to the playoffs.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I'm getting sick of everyone blaming the ref in the Memphis game for the loss. Yes, the call sucked, but if it doesn't get called, it still likely they win. Memphis still gets the ball and is up by 4 if the call gets made correctly. Just 2 drives before they went 98 yards for a TD in 5 minutes. It's not like they weren't capable of doing it.

Memphis was dominating the game from the middle of the 2nd quarter until the ******** punt return. Our offense had 7 drives for a grand total of 96 yards and zero points from 8:48 in the 2nd until 5:32 in the 4th. Falling way behind got the offense in gear.

Who knows how the game turns out, but before we even punted the ball, Memphis had an 83.6% chance of winning the game. Memphis would have had the ball, a lead, and our offense was in a coma. Does Memphis go 3 and out after the punt or do they run the ball and drain the clock until the game is over? Who 17ing knows. But odds are, they still win the game. It was a **** call, but it costing us the game is ignorant/wishful thinking because the final 5 minutes play out completely differently.

This is the win probability right BEFORE the punt.
View attachment 22938

Now the Arkansas defensive holding call, absolutely cost us the game. We had the lead and it should have been a turnover on downs. We had a 70.9% chance of winning before the ball was snapped on that ****** 4th down call. We take knees and run out the clock if the call is not made.

This is the win probability before the 4th down phantom defensive holding.
View attachment 22939

Yes the refs suck. But both games were lost because we had massive chunks of the game where our offense couldn't score and the defense couldn't hold the opponent down. Growing pains.

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Unless one or both of them lose to LSU (not likely), I think Mississippi and A&M pretty much have the Sugar and Citrus locked up if Bama makes it to the playoffs.

If we are all 5-3 in the SEC - and we will be with an Egg Bowl victory in the SEC - We would win a head to head tie breaker against OM and TAMU in the SEC pecking order. We're getting one of those two bowls.

Just gotta win out.

Raiderdawg.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
Random question about the refs. I flew out of Atlanta this afternoon and 2 AU fans were in the TSA line behind me. When they saw my hat, they made a point of complaining about 2 calls costing them momentum.

I know one call was the targeting call. Does anyone know what the second call was that was just so terrible?

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login