We did not miss on players. It's coaching

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We have 8 four star DBs. 6 four star WRs. We did not miss on all of those. Anybody that thinks that has lost their minds. Put the blame where it goes. The staff can not coach.

The play where Tulu and Thomas ran into each other is nothing more than coaching. That was pathetic.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
This staff is atrocious!

Definitely a terrible coaching staff top to bottom. Every one should be fired and I mean before Thanksgiving. Why wait ? Imagine if they had done a search and hired Chadwell before Liberty did ?? šŸ˜³
They are bad. We are experimenting.

I keep seeing we don;t have the players. We do. You don;t miss on all of those. The odds are not in the favor of anybody that thinks that.

Now some are placing their trust in our recruiting because we are going after diamonds in the rough! Hear it now... if they can not coach 8 DBs and 6 WRs that are 4 stars, how in the hell are they going to coach a no star diamond in the rough?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We have 8 four star DBs. 6 four star WRs. We did not miss on all of those. Anybody that thinks that has lost their minds. Put the blame where it goes. The staff can not coach.

The play where Tulu and Thomas ran into each other is nothing more than coaching. That was pathetic.
Staff is bad but the talent is bad too. Just hang the stars stuff up. You donā€™t wanna start this many 6th years just like you donā€™t want a lineup full of 5th year seniors in baseball. There is a lot making us this bad but I agree we need a reset.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Definitely a terrible coaching staff top to bottom. Every one should be fired and I mean before Thanksgiving. Why wait ? Imagine if they had done a search and hired Chadwell before Liberty did ?? šŸ˜³
I can understand and support why Arnett was hired - we were in a sh1tty position through nothing but bad luck/timing.

That said, now that the writing is on the wall, itā€™s time to cut ties before itā€™s too late.

My best friend is a die hard LSU fan and he asked me a couple of weeks ago if we could afford the ā€œbad pressā€ associated with firing Arnett after one year (4th new coach in 6 years). My response was that we didnā€™t fire Leach and were ā€forcedā€ to hire Arnett in a very odd situation. I donā€™t think anyone would fault us for firing Arnett after one year.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They are bad. We are experimenting.

I keep seeing we don;t have the players. We do. You don;t miss on all of those. The odds are not in the favor of anybody that thinks that.

Now some are placing their trust in our recruiting because we are going after diamonds in the rough! Hear it now... if they can not coach 8 DBs and 6 WRs that are 4 stars, how in the hell are they going to coach a no star diamond in the rough?

How many of those 14 four stars are projected to be drafted into the NFL?

Reactions: 8dog

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Given the exigent circumstnces created by your head coach's sudden demise, could your AD/Admin have retained Arn as "interim head coach" with the stated intention of considering him as full time replacement at season end. Such announcement would could be accompanied by the usual vague asurances of confidence in Arn. Could you play this game and hold onto your recruiting class?

woozman

Nov 13, 2004

Now do the OL and DLā€¦

Itā€™s both coaching and talent.

Reactions: 8dog

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Staff is bad but the talent is bad too. Just hang the stars stuff up. You donā€™t wanna start this many 6th years just like you donā€™t want a lineup full of 5th year seniors in baseball. There is a lot making us this bad but I agree we need a reset.
Not all of the talent I called out ar Srs and GradTs.

We do not have a talent problem.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
How many of those 14 four stars are projected to be drafted into the NFL?
I love this argument. Poor Ole MSU's talent is not the same as Ole Miss and Bama, and UGA... Their star ratings are different than ours. I mean I know we say we got a 4 star guy but we all know they never are. Only the other SEC teams' ratings are legit**********

What a sad argument to make. "Recruiting rankings do not matter".

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Not all of the talent I called out ar Srs and GradTs.

We do not have a talent problem.
We absolutely have a talent problem. We have a coaching problem. We have a scheme transition problem. To think anything is all about one thing is naive.
Can someone make more out of this bunch? Yep.

Reactions: wdawg44

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We absolutely have a talent problem. We have a coaching problem. We have a scheme transition problem. To think anything is all about one thing is naive.
Can someone make more out of this bunch? Yep.
We have nearly the exact same team.

Regardless of your thoughts, they did not just become bad. That is some C34 level crap!

Reactions: PhredPhantom

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I love this argument. Poor Ole MSU's talent is not the same as Ole Miss and Bama, and UGA... Their star ratings are different than ours. I mean I know we say we got a 4 star guy but we all know they never are. Only the other SEC teams' ratings are legit**********

What a sad argument to make. "Recruiting rankings do not matter".

I asked a question that you didn't answer. Is that the same as an argument?

If the answer is "none", then maybe it is an argument.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023

Regardless of your thoughts, they did not just become bad. That is some C34 level crap!
Yep, complete garbage. With this easy schedule Leach would have cleaned up. We would have added starters from the portal-which any intelligent coach would have and we would have a 10 win team this year. this staff would go 5-7 with the 49ers.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

We lost 3 NFL players. So not exactly the same team. And the DC from last year is still here. He isnā€™t in a closet while Brock coaches.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
When you run a scheme, offensively, that asks nothing more than, ā€œrepetition, repetition, repetitionā€ and focus on talent specifically tailored to that ā€œrepetitionā€, this is what you get.

None of this is a surprise. The surprise should be and at the same time should not be the defense.

Weā€™ve lived through this before.

You want to run a 3-3-5. Fine. You better have 2 nfl corners. Always.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
We lost 3 NFL players. So not exactly the same team. And the DC from last year is still here. He isnā€™t in a closet while Brock coaches.
That sounds like the bs Coffee man is peddling. When you dont sign One starter out of the portal and whiff on 7-8 players donā€™t beech about no talent

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Yea , youā€™re right. Returning 9 out of 11 starters on offense we should be averaging 16 ppg in sec play**
I said it coaching too. I know not blaming a single thing blows some minds.
Yeah the offense is terrible. We have recievers running into each other behind the line of scrimmage. Iā€™m on board with that. But we were going to have to move out of the AR at some point bc no one runs this. But I agree it could be better

• Haha
Reactions: blitz2Win

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
That sounds like the bs Coffee man is peddling. When you dont sign One starter out of the portal and whiff on 7-8 players donā€™t beech about no talent
So you are admitting talent is an issue?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We have a PROGRAM problem: we made mistakes last year, and we'll find out after the Egg Bowl if we can own up to those mistakes and start again. Arnett may be a competent coach later, but when you play in the SEC, you don't need your head coach learning on the job. It's almost like he has training wheels right now. We need an established coach, but not a retread. He does not have to have been a head coach, but he has to have some substantial experience.

If you want to preview what the Egg Bowls will look like, turn over to the Ole Miss/Vanderbilt game.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Did we load up with garbage players from the portal, because this staff cant identify talent, recruit or develop players, absolutely. This staff sucks top,to bottom. one more reason we need to fire this staff before they sign one more recruit from the sunbelt.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I said it coaching too. I know not blaming a single thing blows some minds.
Yeah the offense is terrible. We have recievers running into each other behind the line of scrimmage. Iā€™m on board with that. But we were going to have to move out of the AR at some point bc no one runs this. But I agree it could be better
Plenty of people run AR. It's all over. Arnett chose this path and he simply is in over his head.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Exactly.

He is literally trying to sell the idea that our talent isn't really 4 star talent... but Ole Miss... their 4 stars were the real deal!

He's not saying like that, but it's 100% what he is saying.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Plenty of people run AR. It's all over. Arnett chose this path and he simply is in over his head.
No they donā€™t. No one runs what we ran. They run ā€œvariations of the ARā€ which is a dumb term. It just means they send 4-5 receivers out every play and run mesh. Phil Longo is one. And he crushes it with the run. There is a reason no one in P5 runs Leachā€™s system.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
We have a PROGRAM problem: we made mistakes last year, and we'll find out after the Egg Bowl if we can own up to those mistakes and start again. Arnett may be a competent coach later, but when you play in the SEC, you don't need your head coach learning on the job. It's almost like he has training wheels right now. We need an established coach, but not a retread. He does not have to have been a head coach, but he has to have some substantial experience.

If you want to preview what the Egg Bowls will look like, turn over to the Ole Miss/Vanderbilt game.
Damn straight.

If you want an SEC head coach in this day and age, go get a D1 proven winner.

****, in our position, Iā€™d even go for a D1-AA or D2 national champion repeater.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Iā€™m not spinning anything. I said itā€™s time for a change. But there is absolutely a talent issue. And itā€™s going to be even worse next year.
There is not a talent issue that moves us to 16 points per game in SEC play. With a continuation of AR, modified, we would have beaten USC and Killed Ark and Auburn.

Do we have a talent gap between us and Bama. Well yeah. It's been that way since Saban took over. We should only have 2 losses.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Exactly.

He is literally trying to sell the idea that our talent is really 4 star talent... but Ole Miss... their 4 stars were the real deal!

He's not saying like that, but it's 100% what he is saying.
Leach went and signed Jackie Matthews, banks, Charlton out of the portal. ARnett/Peterson/friend....our braintrust, signed Goede, Spivey and Roberson .....so letā€™s makes excuses.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
No they donā€™t. No one runs what we ran. They run ā€œvariations of the ARā€ which is a dumb term. It just means they send 4-5 receivers out every play and run mesh. Phil Longo is one. And he crushes it with the run. There is a reason no one in P5 runs Leachā€™s system.
Stop with the BS. Nobody stated that there are those that run the exact same system as Leach. Nobody has even suggested that. end of it.

We were tooled for AR and he went in a different direction and it's costing us. Had he stayed in the vein of AR we would not be where we are now.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Leach went and signed Jackie Matthews, banks, Charlton out of the portal. ARnett/Peterson/friend....our braintrust, signed Goede, Spivey and Roberson .....so letā€™s makes excuses.
Exactly. Pope too. The sell of our 4 stars are not really 4 stars but everybody elses 4 stars are great is BS.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Stop with the BS. Nobody stated that there are those that run the exact same system as Leach. Nobody has even suggested that. end of it.

We were tooled for AR and he went in a different direction and it's costing us. Had he stayed in the vein of AR we would not be where we are now.
Any change would be a big change though. What he runs is drastically different so it draws a drastically different defense. He definitely had us in a position to beat average teams offensively But this defense would be bad. And he insisted on having a QB that isnā€™t the best option.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Any change would be a big change though. What he runs is drastically different so it draws a drastically different defense. He definitely had us in a position to beat average teams offensively But this defense would be bad. And he insisted on having a QB that isnā€™t the best option.
Nope and Nope.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Nope and Nope.
Look man. We got it. You hate Arnette. But you are defending an offense that ignored Tulu Girffin for 3 years. So just think on that. Again. Itā€™s time for a change.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Look man. We got it. You hate Arnette. But you are defending an offense that ignored Tulu Girffin for 3 years. So just think on that. Again. Itā€™s time for a change.
No man, we got it, you are spinning for this garbage coaching staff.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
No man, we got it, you are spinning for this garbage coaching staff.
Iā€™ve literally posted multiple times we need a change. What are you missing? But itā€™s not always one thing.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Nope. I don't hate Arnett. No, last year did not ignore Tulu. In fact, it concentrated on 7 WRs. They all had 34 or more catches. We spread a defense out in many ways.

This staff sucks.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login