We had a terrible crowd tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That had to be the most dead maybe 3/4 full Hump I've ever seen. I know its Wednesday night against Auburn but no one was there and the students did a wonderful job of just not really showing up.

Also for all the fans that left with 4 or 5 minutes left in the game, you are worthless pieces of ****. Why do you even have season tickets if you are going to leave before the game is even close to being over? You can't stay 15 more minutes?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That had to be the most dead maybe 3/4 full Hump I've ever seen. I know its Wednesday night against Auburn but no one was there and the students did a wonderful job of just not really showing up.

Also for all the fans that left with 4 or 5 minutes left in the game, you are worthless pieces of ****. Why do you even have season tickets if you are going to leave before the game is even close to being over? You can't stay 15 more minutes?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Jan 13, 2008
the crowd was dead. I normally sit in 236, but tonight I was in 116. I was afraid to yell loud because of the blue hairs giving me looks. I'm wondering what it would take to consistently pack that *****. We have the product, but for some reason this year it seems attendance is down eventhough demand is at an all time high. We have a fickle, stupid fanbase.

WillemWallace

Feb 20, 2008
Stay to the end if you're going to buy a ticket.

Of course, traffic is more important than seeing your team actually win to some people.

Dawg in a pile

Feb 27, 2008
Alot of people that would be there didn't get season tickets. This is a side effect of the new re-seating plan. Not saying it's a bad thing, but this was bound to happen. Maybe it's just part of the growing process of the plan, we'll see.

The contributions for certain areas are high. That means that a couple more hundred on top of that contribution for as many tickets as possible isn't that big of a deal. I think that many people bought as many tickets as they could in their area just in case. They have the tickets but don't have the people to sit in all the seats for every game. Unless it's a big game those seats aren't going to be filled every time.

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
just under 7400 is the number i heard. but i didn't think it was that much. i saw where lsu had over 8500 for the ole miss game and neither one of those teams is good. i don't see what our problem is with getting people there.

B

BillBrasky10

Our problem is we have a bunch of @#%$ losers who don't like to go to the games. @#%$ them they can eat a dick

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
that's the price you pay for having a "giving" based seating system. You might get more money but there will be more empty seats.

redfish66

Nov 15, 2005
we have always had a problem filling the Hump on weekday nights.

I think if you go back and look - attendance will be very similar to what it was before the new seating system.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
just for future reference with the new seating plan -

If you don't have tickets, go anyway. There were piles of free tickets at the will call window.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
and the giving plan and more to do with a Wednesday night. I have season tickets and couldn't make it from Jackson. I tried to give them away to no avail.

I imagine this crowd wasn't that much different from normal Wed night crowds against inferior opponents in the past.

People just see a crowd of less than 9K -10K and now like to blame the system.

graddawg

Jun 4, 2007
There should be a policy that your tickets have to be used X amount of times during the season if you want a chance to buy at your priority the next year. The scanners, along with more demand than supply, should make this policy effective.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
but damn, it was quiet. Maybe the crowd was waiting on the cream. The dunk party late in the second half got it going a bit.

For Wednesday night, when most of our fanbase doesn't live within an hour's drive, it wasn't bad.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
Just walk right up. They're sitting there waiting on you.

I don't imagine it will be the same for the last game, but will be next year if they don't get a better ticket exchange.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
been REAL weak this entire year, even the games where it's been packed. if you didn't know better, you would think you were at a tennis match half the time.

T

TroyMcClure

In response to your student bashing because of their absence last night. Not all of us major in english. We have things to do on a Wednesday night. And also...ummm...there's something on most Wednesday evenings called church that alot of people find more important.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________In response to your student bashing because of their absence last night. Not all of us major in english. We have things to do on a Wednesday night. And also...ummm...there's something on most Wednesday evenings called church that alot of people find more important._________________________________________________

This **** always cracks me up. On a campus of 16,000, there's got to be at least 19.83% of the student population that has two hours of spare time. I guarantee you not everybody is hitting the books.

God has bingo on Wednesday night anyway. It's cool if ya wanna go to the game.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I went to almost every home game there was in a five year stretch in which we didn't go to the Dance once. It's not that hard. There are few majors outside of architecture that require that much studying.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
maybe someone should send over an email to the BC about it for next year. i would have never thought to just walk up to will call and ask for a free ticket and i bet a lot of people posting here wouldn't have thought of that either.

if they advertised that this was possible to both the ticket holders and those wanting tickets then it may help put more butts in the seats. (or do they already and i haven't seen it?)

it could have a couple of problems that go along with it though:

1. some jackass coming up and getting several tickets and trying to sell them outside of the building (and this may not be a problem considering the low turnout of games like last night). --- now of course this could be remedied by allowing each person to get only one ticket up until say 5 minutes before game time. after that give them as many as they want since they will be going in the trash about 15 minutes later otherwise.

2. visitor fans attempting to get free tickets and then possibly sitting down low in the middle of our biggest contributors. --- no idea how to stop this one.

anyone else know more about how to do something like this or know if other schools do it?

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
No, it's not advertised and not that complicated.

People were just walking in with extra tickets and layed them down at the window.

awalkerdog

Feb 18, 2007
Now I know why you are on the lexicon list.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Isn't architecture for those that can't handle the calculus and differential equations classes?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
during games and often goes to the games?

/I hear that he thinks "Ricky" isn't a good floor coach.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
a few years ago aGAINST Auburn, it was packed. I want to say it was even an 8 pm game on ESPN.

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________there's something on most Wednesday evenings called church that alot of people find more important._________________________________________________

Are you kidding me? I'm about 19.83% sure God was at the game buddy. Ask Rhodes and Prowell. So if people wanted to be closer to God, then they should have had their butts at the game.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
and I think we were in the top 10 in the country and playing to win the west. I think if that had been the scenario last night, it would've been packed as well. Plus, while you would think an ESPN game would keep people at home, it seems to make the game a bigger deal. In fact, I was at that game. And wasn't there last night. I think that alone means Im right and you, sir are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.