We had Holtz, and Spurrier. May as well go for Saban.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
I don't want to hear the excuses. Promise that man whatever he wants and pay him!

Make the deal for him, his family, his family he didn't even know he had, and his future family for 3 generations. In short, the most lucrative college football deal ever made.
My offer - 10 year deal - One BILLION dollars.

I'm still not drinking, but I may start again. All the folks saying "XYZ coach will not come here....." Oh BS!!! You pay them enough, they will come. Make it so lucrative they can't say no.

Then, and only then, if Saban can't get it done, just shut the FB program down altogether.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Jesus Christ himself couldn’t resurrect this program.
Easy now......... As for Saban not wanting to deal with a pro money league......fine...... he won't have to. Let his assistants do that. All Saban has to do is coach em' up. One season at a time. I HATE the NIL crap.....but it's essentially like the NFL free agency. Go get, poach the best players and just have the mentality you're only gonna have them for 1 season.

For 1 billion dollars, I could learn to live with it. :)

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
Easy now......... As for Saban not wanting to deal with a pro money league......fine...... he won't have to. Let his assistants do that. All Saban has to do is coach em' up. One season at a time. I HATE the NIL crap.....but it's essentially like the NFL free agency. Go get, poach the best players and just have the mentality you're only gonna have them for 1 season.

For 1 billion dollars, I could learn to live with it. :)

Does spending a billion dollars in hopes of winning a football championship make any sense?
Seriously, where are society's priorities?

Reactions: atl-cock

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Does spending a billion dollars in hopes of winning a football championship make any sense?
Seriously, where are society's priorities?
Well dang Cybercock - if you ask me a direct question, I will give you a direct answer.
No, it doesn't make any sense. The "billion" figure was a bit of an exaggeration to make a point. There are those who say "XYZ coach won't come here." - My response is "BS" - Money does indeed talk. Loudly. "If you pay them, they will come." - I4CtheFuture

Reactions: Cybercock

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
Well dang Cybercock - if you ask me a direct question, I will give you a direct answer.
No, it doesn't make any sense. The "billion" figure was a bit of an exaggeration to make a point. There are those who say "XYZ coach won't come here." - My response is "BS" - Money does indeed talk. Loudly. "If you pay them, they will come." - I4CtheFuture
I don't think Saban has the ego issue where he wants to prove he "still has it". He retired pretty much on top. Holtz and Spurrier had both been way down when they retired and wanted to come to SC to show themselves and the world they could still coach. I think Holtz got talked into the job by his Augusta National buddy Hootie Johnson.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
True
Money does talk because for some folks they can never have enough. I do see your point though.
My love for the sport diminished greatly once i did the math and realized i was letting a bunch of millionaires make or break my weekend.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture

PD-Cock

Jan 29, 2022
If you were Saban, would ya, leave the gig w/ a talking duck while making big bucks. Stop doing couple high dollar paid commentaries from time to time. End the speaking engagement circuits, give up sleeping late, spend the day strolling round in yur boxers, sipping fine wine while trying to decide if today is the day to give a f***k? Or do ya hit the links & work on your short game, get a massage & meet the wife for dinner & a movie?
Toss all that & more in the can to hitch a ride on football's equivalent of the Titanic as some on here are classifying us?

• Haha
Reactions: I4CtheFuture

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
If you were Saban, would ya, leave the gig w/ a talking duck while making big bucks. Stop doing couple high dollar paid commentaries from time to time. End the speaking engagement circuits, give up sleeping late, spend the day strolling round in yur boxers, sipping fine wine while trying to decide if today is the day to give a f***k? Or do ya hit the links & work on your short game, get a massage & meet the wife for dinner & a movie?
Toss all that & more in the can to hitch a ride on football's equivalent of the Titanic as some on here are classifying us?
I like that vision of retirement... one can dream.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login