We may not can fire Lebby, but we can fire Selmon

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
We have no choice. We are stuck with it. We will have to live with the pains of hiring a green horn.
Yes, bend over, hold your ankles for the next 3 years and let Lebby have his way. Same with Selmon. Fire these 2 after one year and the Bulldog nuclear winter will last another 10 years.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
In hindsight, not a terrible idea. But…..definitely hindsight after seeing this trainwreck.

Better idea would have been to get a real, sure thing experienced coach last year.
That's a great idea, but who decides whether an experienced coach is a "sure thing"? Even the Blue Bloods with unlimited funds have a hard time with that.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That's a great idea, but who decides whether an experienced coach is a "sure thing"? Even the Blue Bloods with unlimited funds have a hard time with that.
No hire is ever a sure thing. But what we really needed after Leach dying and Arnett being fired was a high floor coach. Someone who could come in and stabilize the ship and keep it from sinking. Because it was obvious then that a year like this one was very possible. Instead, we hired a head coach with no experience and coordinators with no experience. Same as what we did the year before.

Reactions: 85Bears

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
If I was a player and I saw the 2023 season on film and knew the whole coaching staff was let go with a completely new staff coming in, I don't think I'd go to that school if I had other options. There are reason's people work at MickeyDees and not Tesla, it's talent level.
Bingo.

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
And you’re going to end up with the same pool of candidates. Guys no one is coming here if you keep firing coaches every year.
We’re getting that same pool of candidates regardless. It’s not like Nick Saban is gonna come out of retirement and come to Starkville if we let Lebby coach through 2025.

We gave Croom 5 damn years, still didn’t get a hire with a resume any better than Lebby’s was. In fact, the runner up for the job that time was also the OC from Oklahoma. We were just lucky that it was the right hire that time.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Lebby's getting at least two years. He'll win two this year and we can't do much about it.