Well 17

Tomas Smid

May 4, 2010
OU's ace went tonight on full rest. They are out of quality left handers. Bianco rolled the dice and elected to save Hunter Elliott for game 2. Lucked out it seems.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
#54 Bennett pitched to start off

are you sure he is not their best?

About 100 pitches.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Ole Miss Rebels HOMERS - 10

Oklahoma Sooners STRIKES LOOKING - 3

The Ole Miss pitching staff is throwing a strike every first pitch because they knew the other team was gonna stand there and watch it. How in the hell have these teams not figured it out by now

You have to give it to the Rebels for hitting the ball so damn well though.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
OU's ace went tonight on full rest. They are out of quality left handers. Bianco rolled the dice and elected to save Hunter Elliott for game 2. Lucked out it seems.

Nope. Their best has been going 2. He was hurt early in the year and they left the rotation. He was hitting 98 his start the other day. Not saying it'll matter, but he can throw it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If it goes to game 3 it really is going to have to be Dulicia going all 9 innings.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
OU's ace pitched tonight. You are big wrong here. The guy Oklahoma is starting tomorrow has a 5+ era.

Not since he's gotten healthy. Damn, reading comprehension. He's a huge reason they've been winning late.
Do I think it'll matter? Probably not. OK chased so bad tonight and really looked lost at the plate.
But, we weren't good game one last year either.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think Lieter on 7 days rest was the reason for that.

We faced two 1st round MLB pitchers in the CWS finals.

bbqbully

Sep 14, 2008
I’d like to think that OU can come back like we did last year, but I got a bad feeling about those confederate bastards. We pissed off the deceased indigenous people and it’s payback time.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I’d like to think that OU can come back like we did last year, but I got a bad feeling about those confederate bastards. We pissed off the deceased indigenous people and it’s payback time.

Me too. But it simply isn't in the cards, you can quite literally feel it in your heart, gut, whatever.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
5 Ks through 2 innings for the OU pitcher. He's their best pitcher (tried to tell folks). Still won't matter if they can't hit. OM pitching is just rolling and nobody puts any pressure on them.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
5 Ks through 2 innings for the OU pitcher. He's their best pitcher (tried to tell folks). Still won't matter if they can't hit. OM pitching is just rolling and nobody puts any pressure on them.

I’m glad he’s got it rolling so far today, but he has a 5.24 ERA in 43 innings. He is most certainly not their best pitcher. Their staff as a whole pretty much sucks actually….only 2 guys with an ERA under 5. One is their ace who threw yesterday, and the other is their closer.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I’m glad he’s got it rolling so far today, but he has a 5.24 ERA in 43 innings. He is most certainly not their best pitcher. Their staff as a whole pretty much sucks actually….only 2 guys with an ERA under 5. One is their ace who threw yesterday, and the other is their closer.

He was hurt this season and didn't get healthy til a month ago. Kid was a top 30 recruit out of HS and is a 1st round draft guy this year.
He's got some trouble brewing now though.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
They just did a graphic on his pitching this season. Are you watching the game. He came back from injury and was sucking. Then added an off speed pitch and has been very good since then. For 17 sake.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
They just did a graphic on his pitching this season. Are you watching the game. He came back from injury and was sucking. Then added an off speed pitch and has been very good since then. For 17 sake.

And if you'd watched them all through regionals, you'd know they said he didn't get back to 100% til after mid season. Which is really when OK started playing better overall.
Does he not look better than they guy they threw yesterday to you? It's not even close.

Last edited:

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
And if you'd watched them all through regionals, you'd know they said he didn't get back to 100% til after mid season. Which is really when OK started playing better overall.
Does he not look better than they guy they threw yesterday to you? It's not even close.

You should probably take it up with the OU coaches then. If they thought he was their best pitcher, they would have thrown him yesterday when he still would have been on full rest. Yesterday was a critical 17ing game for them because it provided them the only opportunity to get through the Finals without facing Delucia.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

See my reply to CP. I’m saying they would have thrown him yesterday if they, the OU coaches, thought he was their best pitcher. They did not. Of course it’s possible for a guy to get better after he gets healthy. That still doesn’t mean he’s their best guy.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
See my reply to CP. I’m saying they would have thrown him yesterday if they, the OU coaches, thought he was their best pitcher. They did not.

Not if a coach doesn't want to change up what's working for a hot team. But enough on all this BS.
Both pitchers in this game struggle to go more than 6 anyway.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I do not understand what is interferences anymore. He was crossing the bag when the ball hit him in the leg.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
That's the ball game. OK got the wind taken out of the sails on that call and pitcher struggling to get past 6.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I do not understand what is interferences anymore. He was crossing the bag when the ball hit him in the leg.

Game over. OK can't even score against OM pitching when they do score. What a screwed up rule. Even if the runner interfered why in the world would the baserunners not involved in the interference play not get the bases they were going to be at anyway?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Its just a really bad rule. They ask you to stay in foul territory to get to a base Thats in fair territory. And the fact the umps don’t have discretion to place the runners is nuts.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
When the ball/glove is hit at the damn bag, it shouldn't be interference. It did not effect the throw at all, and it was a bad throw. It's just an overreaching rule.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If the rule doesn't even take into account where the ball is thrown it's a bad rule

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login