Well we have more QB depth

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Very impressive. Poaching a back up QB from Vandy. Much better than having a freshman back up.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
RPOs, rolling out and throwing on the run, making teams pay for dropping 8, designed qb runs , stretching the field with long vertical passes. A lot of things Wright can do that we haven’t had at the qb position.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Well, he started in the wins over Florida and Kentucky this year. Not many Vandy QBs in history can say that.
Previously. If you haven't seen him play go watch those games or highlights. He's a better than decent player

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
RPOs, rolling out and throwing on the run, making teams pay for dropping 8, designed qb runs , stretching the field with long vertical passes. A lot of things Wright can do that we haven’t had at the qb position.

It's a good mix. He can certainly do things Will can't, but Will is definitely much more comfortable as a passer and much more accurate. Probably a better decision maker too from what I remember of watching Wright earlier in his career.

It'll be good to have serious competition at QB and Will should welcome the challenge and the experience in the QB room.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Wright can be a good chance of pace quarterback when we want to run a certain package but I just can’t see him as the starter. He only completed 57% of his passes for a little over 900 yards last season and got beat out by a true freshman.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Wright can be a good chance of pace quarterback when we want to run a certain package but I just can’t see him as the starter. He only completed 57% of his passes for a little over 900 yards last season and got beat out by a true freshman.
Yeah even if Will keeps the starting job there should be ways to get him into the game. Too good of a runner to sit all the time.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
He’ll have more talent around him at MSU. Sounds like a solid backup at least.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Wright is not going to beat out Rogers. We are still going to throw the ball around the yard. We have the line and receivers to do it.

Reactions: AstroDog and mo7888

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Rogers has too many snaps under his belt to get beat out. He'll be our number 1.That doesn't mean Wright won't see the field though. We'll probably bring him in during certain downs and distances.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Rogers has too many snaps under his belt to get beat out. He'll be our number 1.That doesn't mean Wright won't see the field though. We'll probably bring him in during certain downs and distances.
Correct, Rogers has the team. Unless he just plays awful, which I don’t expect.

Reactions: mo7888

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Disagree on both. We will run as Much as we pass and I’d give Wright the edge

I'll leave it at this. If he beats out Will and starts the opener, we're either going to be really good on offense or our new OC is an idiot.

I think Will starts the opener, but I'm glad Wright is coming to State.

There will definitely be great spots for a runner like him and I bet he thinks he can get better competing with a passer like Will.

Reactions: mo7888

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
I'll leave it at this. If he beats out Will and starts the opener, we're either going to be really good on offense or our new OC is an idiot.

I think Will starts the opener, but I'm glad Wright is coming to State.

There will definitely be great spots for a runner like him and I bet he thinks he can get better competing with a passer like Will.
Don’t disagree, I think Will starts the year. The question is if Wills deficiencis are more exposed in this offenses, If the offense struggles or we lose a couple of games we shouldn’t. That’s where Wright is going to be put in the lineup At qb.

I think there’s a better than 50% chance of that happening but I could be wrong.

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login