What’s the MSU games you were the most overjoyed that you attended?…

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
CBS was in town for back-to-back games if I remember correctly and we won them both.

Wasn't that the third and 53 game? My name is Willie blade and no one blocks Willie blade

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
November 16,1996- First on campus victory over Bama.

2014 Auburn, wasn’t inside but had a great view of north Jumbotron and had tv in the tent. Watching that game with cold beer in hand was so enjoyable.

2019 with Georgia when Jake broke the hits record.

2007 Super with Clemson

2019 Super with Stanford

2021 finals in Omaha!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Attended?

Football - 98 Arkansas to clinch the SEC. Two thirds of capacity would be generous but I never heard us so loud before with the older stadium setup.

You still can't convince in Arkansas fan of that field goal by Westerfield was good.

Basketball - Any Game after the Christmas break in the spring of 1996.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Football: 2014 Auburn no question. 1999 Egg Bowl is probably the runner up, but lots of other contenders for runner up. 2000 Florida, 2014 at LSU, 1998 Arkansas,….so many to choose from.

Basketball: Beating Kentucky in the Hump in January 2002.

Baseball: Game 3 vs Vandy to win the CWS. Runner up would be Game 2 vs Stanford in the 2019 Super Regional.

dogmatic

Aug 22, 2012
1996 Alabama

One of many games I've enjoyed with my dad. Thoroughly unexpected and lightly-attended.

There were people giving away tickets on the west side before the game. I distinctly recall seeing a handful someone had thrown into the shrubs beside the entrance.

That was a really special game.

The Reflector afterward ran a full-front-page photo of the celebration with the slammer head

HELL RAISED AND POSTS LOWERED

That was a good one. Very glad I was there. It's the reason I take my son to hopeless Alabama games today. If you're going to be there when we beat them, you have to go. Simple rule of thumb, but a hard one to follow.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I framed the front page.

1996 Alabama

One of many games I've enjoyed with my dad. Thoroughly unexpected and lightly-attended.

There were people giving away tickets on the west side before the game. I distinctly recall seeing a handful someone had thrown into the shrubs beside the entrance.

That was a really special game.

The Reflector afterward ran a full-front-page photo of the celebration with the slammer head

HELL RAISED AND POSTS LOWERED

That was a good one. Very glad I was there. It's the reason I take my son to hopeless Alabama games today. If you're going to be there when we beat them, you have to go. Simple rule of thumb, but a hard one to follow.

Along with ticket stub, holly and grass from mid field interlocking MSU. My Parents were with me in student section.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Florida 2000. My first MSU sporting event as a fan

Grew up in an OM family. Named my dog Rebel. Saw the light and went to State. First game as a student was the Florida 3rd and 57 beat down. Jumped the fence and helped carry a piece of the goal post back to the house.

I wasn't going to be one of those jerkoffs that went to State but still rooted for whatever team they grew up supporting. Never understood those folks unless their goal was to be sad and not make friends. When in Rome and such, but I digress. That game sure as hell made it easy to be all in on some Dawgs. Looking back, little did I know I that 2 decades later my 40+ year old ornery *** would be posting on an MSU board on a Saturday evening (especially not named Genespage).

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Took my son to Rupp Arena in 2009

MSU beats UK at Rupp...its a rarity and being that I am more of a basketball fan that happens to be trappped in Kentucky, this was a HUGE win for me and my boy...was an ice storm too. I remember telling my son to embrace this one, doesn't happen a lot.
For the game, MSU had 13 total blocked shots (Varnado leading the way w 7) and Phil Turner was our hot hand with 18 pts. Ravern Johnson had a hell of a game, was a warrior.

Last edited:

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Almost forgot but that 1982 game vs LSU under the portable lights was pretty dang good.
As was the 1986 game vs UT in Knoxville.
We almost did it again up there in 1991 but lost 24-26.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login