What are you watching?

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I just found a show on FreeVee on Amazon Prime that is as funny as any show I've seen in a long time. It reminds me of The Office.

It's called Jury Duty. Right now there are only 6 episodes out but there will be 8 total. I'm watching it with my wife, otherwise I would probably have it finished by tomorrow morning when I leave for work.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Just started rewatching “Vikings.” Excellent show, great story line. Big fan of period shows however accurate historically. Plus, Kathryn Winnick is definitely a ringer

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Just stated The Big Door Prize on Apple TV. Only two episodes in but it’s pretty intriguing. Also recently watched Poker Face on Peacock. Thought it was great.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Just started rewatching “Vikings.” Excellent show, great story line. Big fan of period shows however accurate historically. Plus, Kathryn Winnick is definitely a ringer

I need to restart that. I got lost in the transition from History Channel to Netflix. There was a long hiatus in release/production.

Tomorrow, I think, Uhtred returns. Seven Kings Must Die.

Destiny is All.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
“Chance” on Hulu was good.

Also on Hulu:
Lie to Me
Americans
Candy
Ford v Ferrari
Forsaken

On Amazon Prime:
My Cousin Vinny
Top Gun
Top Gun Maverick
all of the Jesse Stone movies
Red Sparrow
Solace
The Outfit
Luck Number Slevin
No Time to Die
The Usual Suspects
Jack Ryan
Reacher
The Thomas Crown Affair
The Protege

Last edited:

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
The OA
Netflix

Second attempt to finish, I’ll probably do it this time.

Also watched latest season of “You”
I’ve got to go back and watch the first few seasons.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Still Game on Netflix. Scottish sitcom that’s wildly popular over there. Kind of a cross between The Odd Couple and Seinfeld. Lots of mildly raunchy humor. Comfy show for right before bedtime.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Still Game on Netflix. Scottish sitcom that’s wildly popular over there. Kind of a cross between The Odd Couple and Seinfeld. Lots of mildly raunchy humor. Comfy show for right before bedtime.
I tried this one a while back. Watched the first two episodes but couldn’t get into it. Did I quit too soon?

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Game of Thrones for the second time. Makes a lot more sense than the first time through. It’s so good.

Reactions: aTotal360

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
“Chance” on Hulu was good.

Also on Hulu:
Lie to Me
Americans
Candy
Ford v Ferrari
Forsaken

On Amazon Prime:
My Cousin Vinny
Top Gun
Top Gun Maverick
all of the Jesse Stone movies
Red Sparrow
Solace
The Outfit
Luck Number Slevin
No Time to Die
The Usual Suspects
Jack Ryan
Reacher
The Thomas Crown Affair
The Protege
If you’re into Jack Ryan and Reacher, have you ever checked out Terminal List with Chris Pratt?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Just finished "Daisy Jones & the Six" on Amazon. Very loosely based on Fleetwood Mac it follows the rise and fall of a rock band from playing in their garage as school kids to playing their final concert at Soldier Field in Chicago. Only 10 episodes long, stars Elvis' grand daughter as Daisy. Also in final season of an old one "Hell on Wheels"

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I suggest to go back and watch All in the Family and Sanford and Son episodes. They are still relevant today and are hilarious. Both blow away any sitcoms on TV today.
I do this regularly, not a whole season at a time or anything just a few episodes of each show over the course of a few days. I can only take so much of " the Meathead" though and he's just as bad today in reality as he was in the show

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I suggest to go back and watch All in the Family and Sanford and Son episodes. They are still relevant today and are hilarious. Both blow away any sitcoms on TV today.
I've seen all of Sanford and Son. It's funny. I've gone back and watched the first two season of Different Strokes recently too. I've rewatched Family Ties.

All that to say, is my favorite sitcom of all time is The Office. It's not for everybody and I get that.
Jury Duty on FreeVee is what I mentioned to start the thread and the first episode was as hard as I've laughed in a very long time. It blows away Sanford and Son. After one episode, I really cannot recommend it enough.

Just check out the trailer.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
We went through that one twice. Love the banter when they enter the bar.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I've been watching episodes of Bones lately. Not a show I watched at all when it was current, but I really enjoy it. Funny writing, really quality cast and interesting premise.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Yes. Norman Lear is a national treasure. They don't make 'em like him anymore.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
I’m trying to do the reverse of this, trying to finish a rewatch of Breaking Bad as a refresher so I can start Better Call Saul which I have not seen yet.
I may get some heat for this but I feel like Better Call Saul was a much better series. Granted running off the success of Breaking bad they probably had a larger budget than the early days of Braking Bad.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
OK, I coming out. At the time I saw this post last night I had just finished and old movie and was watching Battle Bots.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I tried this one a while back. Watched the first two episodes but couldn’t get into it. Did I quit too soon?
I like it a whole lot, and I’m on Season 3. Once you get to know the characters, I think the show improves a lot. But if you didn’t like it at all, I wouldn’t torture yourself. Subtitles are a must for this show, IMO.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login