What are you watching?

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Just started rewatching “Vikings.” Excellent show, great story line. Big fan of period shows however accurate historically. Plus, Kathryn Winnick is definitely a ringer
You'll probably really like "The Last Kingdom" as well.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Shoresy on Hulu is hilarious and has a great story line.

Give your balls a tug.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
OK, I coming out. At the time I saw this post last night I had just finished and old movie and was watching Battle Bots.
Love some Battle Bots, although we're way behind this latest season. I'm hoping to take my sons to Vegas for a couple of days during the next filming. They normally do it over 2 weeks in either September or October with ~8 fights each day.

Reactions: thatsbaseball
Jul 5, 2020
I decided to rewatch the Sopranos recently after the "best show in history" discourse kept popping up. I remember it being a great show when I was in my 20s, but was worried about how it would hold up now that acting has improved across the board in tv/streaming media. I was astonished at how great it is. I also remember thinking on first watch that the seasons 5 and 6 were not as good. Turns out, that's because I was a youngin' without kids, hadn't had many brushes with mortality (either personally or having a close loved one die), or seen how morally blurry life can get. It's also really funny.

I'd recommend it highly for a rewatch. It's my number 1 or 2 show of all time for sure.

PRAVan1996

Mar 7, 2023
Well, I used to watch things I like on TV but now I have a nine month old so it’s been Mickey Mouse Clubhouse until my ears bleed. The hotdog song is about to put me into a psych ward.
As the parent of a five year old and a six year old, I'm here to tell you it's only going to get worse.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Well, I used to watch things I like on TV but now I have a nine month old so it’s been Mickey Mouse Clubhouse until my ears bleed. The hotdog song is about to put me into a psych ward.
I know the pain of repetitive children's TV, but if a kid grows up to be a They Might Be Giants fan then that's a good thing. I have fond memories of the "Here Come the ABCs" CD.

PRAVan1996

Mar 7, 2023
Some of the things I've enjoyed lately include:

Severance (Apple TV) - Maybe the best show I've seen in the last few years
Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)
Poker Face (Peacock)
Derry Girls (Netflix)
The Mighty Boosh (Hulu) - Recently rewatched this one for the first time in about 10 years. It's about as absurd as a show can be so it's not for everyone but I love it. Maybe one of my Top 5 all-time favorite shows.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I just found a show on FreeVee on Amazon Prime that is as funny as any show I've seen in a long time. It reminds me of The Office.

It's called Jury Duty. Right now there are only 6 episodes out but there will be 8 total. I'm watching it with my wife, otherwise I would probably have it finished by tomorrow morning when I leave for work.

I know I'm late to the show, but me and the wife just ran through Yellowstone and it was great. We did 1883, and it was great. And now we're 3 episodes in on 1923, and it's pretty damn good too. A fun, connected series to run through.

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
Actually enjoying Clarksons Farm on Amazon Prime. Jeremy Clarkson could make watching paint dry funny.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Really enjoying watching the new season of Succession as it's released. Looking forward to new season of Barry this weekend too.

Otherwise, I've been trying to find "movies that everyone has seen but me", which recently for me was Tommy Boy and John Wick.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I like it a whole lot, and I’m on Season 3. Once you get to know the characters, I think the show improves a lot. But if you didn’t like it at all, I wouldn’t torture yourself. Subtitles are a must for this show, IMO.
I'll second that. First two episodes are used to introduce the long term situation.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I need to restart that. I got lost in the transition from History Channel to Netflix. There was a long hiatus in release/production.

Tomorrow, I think, Uhtred returns. Seven Kings Must Die.

Destiny is All.
I was looking forward to the movie but I watched it this afternoon didn't like it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The Last Kingdom. Didn’t give it enough of a chance the first time I tried to watch it a few years ago. It’s a really good show.
Great show. New movie sucks in my opinion. It was better as a show. They could have done one more season and wrapped it up.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I decided to rewatch the Sopranos recently after the "best show in history" discourse kept popping up. I remember it being a great show when I was in my 20s, but was worried about how it would hold up now that acting has improved across the board in tv/streaming media. I was astonished at how great it is. I also remember thinking on first watch that the seasons 5 and 6 were not as good. Turns out, that's because I was a youngin' without kids, hadn't had many brushes with mortality (either personally or having a close loved one die), or seen how morally blurry life can get. It's also really funny.

I'd recommend it highly for a rewatch. It's my number 1 or 2 show of all time for sure.
One loop i wish they had closed is Dr. Melfi telling Tony she was raped. Would have enjoyed seeing Tony deal with the rapist.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I just found a show on FreeVee on Amazon Prime that is as funny as any show I've seen in a long time. It reminds me of The Office.

It's called Jury Duty. Right now there are only 6 episodes out but there will be 8 total. I'm watching it with my wife, otherwise I would probably have it finished by tomorrow morning when I leave fo"r work.
Seven Kings Must Die" on Netflix.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Just finished 1883. Moving on to 1923 and then Yellowstone. I also am watching the current seasons of Picard and the Mandolorian. Both have been solid so far.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Just started Better Call Saul. The last season of it is hitting Netflix this Tuesday 4/18 in case anyone like me has been waiting to binge it all at once.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
The Tick, For All Mankind, Transformer reruns, Dr. Pol, Flight Attendant, Blackish, Lost in Space (Netflix), Star Trek: Animated Series, Battlestar Galactia, Alex Rider, and Perry Mason, oh and Mandolorian

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

So I was the exact opposite. I loved The Sopranos and still do but after seeing shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad, I don’t think it’s on their level. It lacks some of the character development and there are some weak actors in the Sopranos. Again, it is still a top 5 show for me, but it’s lost a little of its grittiness when compared to other shows that have come out since it ended.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login