What does Chris Parson commit mean for Trey Petty?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And so does every starting QB Mike Leach has ever coached. All those numbers are fantastic but it gets labeled as “just part of the system”. Just because he puts up big numbers doesn’t mean he’s getting drafted.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I think we will see that putting up big numbers in the Pac12 and putting up big numbers in the SEC is looked at a little different. But we all have our opinions. All we can do is watch and see what happens

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I don't think people appreciate how young he was when he was forced into

the role of a full time SEC QC, which I believe damaged the perception of his ceiling. He should have been red shirted his freshman season but because of our awful recruiting he was forced in action before he was ready. Dude turns 21 in five days and has less than two full seasons under his belt. He is at or ahead of where anyone would expect any other QB on any other SEC team to be at this stage in his career. As hot a commodity as QB's are in the NFL, and possessing the intangibles that he does, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see an NFL team spend a draft pick on him. His lack of speed is not a factor for 90% of NFL offensive playbooks.

I think if a random college football fan took a look at his stats they would pencil him in as a future draft pick. Our fan base is biased because they watched every game he played as a true freshman in circumstances that he could not overcome through no fault of his own.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Dan did not have the stomach for recruiting -- even the easy gets became a struggle. But, I'll give him credit for getting the most from the offensive players he got to Starkville.

But he quit when Freeze rolled into town. He wasn't going attempt battle with the Hooker Wrangling Godboy.

Mullen's high water mark was his win against Auburn in 2014. He wanted out/checked out after that. Dude was lucky to get to UF, but he proved there he wasn't much of a recruiter.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
the role of a full time SEC QC, which I believe damaged the perception of his ceiling. He should have been red shirted his freshman season but because of our awful recruiting he was forced in action before he was ready. Dude turns 21 in five days and has less than two full seasons under his belt. He is at or ahead of where anyone would expect any other QB on any other SEC team to be at this stage in his career. As hot a commodity as QB's are in the NFL, and possessing the intangibles that he does, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see an NFL team spend a draft pick on him. His lack of speed is not a factor for 90% of NFL offensive playbooks.

I think if a random college football fan took a look at his stats they would pencil him in as a future draft pick. Our fan base is biased because they watched every game he played as a true freshman in circumstances that he could not overcome through no fault of his own.

Honestly, the lack of respect Will has received from a few on this site should embarrass them, but I really doubt it does.

He's a superb college QB at his age and experience level and getting better. He's also apparently a really good dude as well.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
And so does every starting QB Mike Leach has ever coached. All those numbers are fantastic but it gets labeled as “just part of the system”. Just because he puts up big numbers doesn’t mean he’s getting drafted.

Oh now you gon and done it. Your truth is going to puss Goat off. The Will fanboys just can’t take it!!

B—b-b-but the numbers! Well when you throw the ball 250 more times that most other QBs you are obviously going to put up big yardage numbers. Doesn’t mean he’s Eli or Peyton Manning.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Honestly, the lack of respect Will has received from a few on this site should embarrass them, but I really doubt it does.

He's a superb college QB at his age and experience level and getting better. He's also apparently a really good dude as well.

He is a good QB but those acting like he’s a Heisman dark horse or a high draft pick or delusional. He didn’t do jack against Memohis, NC State, LSU, Ole Miss or Texas Tech. A QB hyped as much as he is in this thread should win all of those games with ease.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He is a good QB but those acting like he’s a Heisman dark horse or a high draft pick or delusional. He didn’t do jack against Memohis, NC State, LSU, Ole Miss or Texas Tech. A QB hyped as much as he is in this thread should win all of those games with ease.

I'm not acting like he'll be a high draft pick, but I do believe he has a legit chance to have some kind of career in the NFL. That'll be great for a guy who wasn't handed the genetics to make that easy at birth.

He absolutely is a Heisman dark horse because he's likely to put up huge numbers every remaining year he's healthy. Highly unlikely win it, but certainly qualifies as a dark horse.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Oh now you gon and done it. Your truth is going to puss Goat off. The Will fanboys just can’t take it!!

B—b-b-but the numbers! Well when you throw the ball 250 more times that most other QBs you are obviously going to put up big yardage numbers. Doesn’t mean he’s Eli or Peyton Manning.

But it also doesn’t mean Will isn’t a great college QB. It takes a certain type of QB to effectively run this system, and Will is that type of QB. Chris Relf and Nick Fitzgerald would be a complete laughing stock in this offense, and even the freshmen - junior year versions of Dak would struggle mightily with it.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I'm not acting like he'll be a high draft pick, but I do believe he has a legit chance to have some kind of career in the NFL. That'll be great for a guy who wasn't handed the genetics to make that easy at birth.

He absolutely is a Heisman dark horse because he's likely to put up huge numbers every remaining year he's healthy. Highly unlikely win it, but certainly qualifies as a dark horse.

I think its hard to call him even a Heisman dark horse. Even if he throws for 7,000 yards, he wouldn’t fit the “best player on a CFP team” criteria. Of course, that says a lot more about the Heisman voters than it does about Will.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
May be the worst post about Will, but it is true and still possible to be proven to be true over the next three years. Fact is, he lost to them twice.

Football is a team sport. No one (well, maybe a few morons) would ever rank MSU quarterbacks all-time simply by what their record against Ole Miss was, especially not without adjustments for how good the rest of our team was, and how good Ole Miss's team was.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Will is a great college QB but just because you’re a great college QB doesn’t always translate to the NFL. That’s all I’m saying.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Except I’m just saying he’s not a sure fire NFL QB. You’re just being a douche nozzle like you always are on here. And you’ll be the first one in here to rip him apart when he makes a mistake so you can gloat about it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
1.8 ypa is a HUGE difference. Pickett threw for 26% more ypa than Rogers. Pitt was 20th in ypa, Mississippi St. was 99th.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021

Here comes your dumbass inability to not think so binary. "Will fanboys". Holy **** all I said is that some may eat their words. Hell I don't know if he's an NFL QB or not. But he's not bad and seems to be getting better.

Seriously, you reside in one of the more stupid segments of our fanbase. I was in church this morning and heard some clown say, "mane I tell ya what, Miss'Sippi State's problem this year is gone be the SKEDuyle!" No ****, sherlock. Then he also enlightened us with the, "mane that coach needs to the rUn ThE bAwLl!!!" The intelligence was radiating.

The most alarming thing is, there's a lot of you guys running around out there.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
For the 5th time, nobody said any of that ****. You conjured it up in your one track mind. Probably the same place where you came up with that brilliance about MSU baseball not being an important sport for us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login