What does the Pack think about

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Clay Helton?

I've seen Tom Herman's, Gus', Dan's and Chadwell's name mentioned.

It looks like Clay had similar success as Herman.

We have to get some with HC experience.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Do you think we can buy Chadwells contract out ? Liberty is paying 4 mill a year. Think about it. We coulda hired him instead of Arnett but not now

AnchorState

Jan 21, 2020
Clay Helton?

What about Tulane’s coach? Thats my favorite right now. Think he’d be a good fit at MSU/Starkville.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Chadwell - no experience at this level, but I would take him.
Leipold - we would have to throw Saban $$ at him to get him to even answer the phone.
Leipold - Why would we have to throw Saban money at Leipold? He could come to Starkvegas and enjoy the milder winters until the Badger comes calling him home, if they ever do. Fickell should do well there

Chadwell - True. But he's been a winner everywhere he's been.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
If y’all are going to throw out names, why not mention Brian Johnson who is OC with the Eagles. He was here with Mullen.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Liepold is on a 5 mill contract for 7 years. You would have to buy his contract out plus pay him at least 6 maybe 7 mill. Chadwell just signed a 4 mill a year contract at Liberty. Efited to add also a 7 year contract. We could surely give him 5 or 6 to come to an SEC job but how much is his buyout ? The salary is doable. The buy out probly not.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Liepold is on a 5 mill contract for 7 years. You would have to buy his contract out plus pay him at least 6 maybe 7 mill. Chadwell just signed a 4 mill a year contract at Liberty. Efited to add also a 7 year contract. We could surely give him 5 or 6 to come to an SEC job but how much is his buyout ? The salary is doable. The buy out probly not.
Let me say this again.

Oklahoma and Texas are coming.

The days of MSU trying to get by on the cheap are OVER

Be a man and make the fing decision to compete or don’t and get the f out of the conference. Period.

Winning costs money. And lots of it.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I can promise this school ain't paying Zach 4 mill to go away, 25 mill buyout and then 6 a year for a coach. I'm not sure how a buyout works from another school

Dawgbone33

Oct 4, 2023
I can promise this school ain't paying Zach 4 mill to go away, 25 mill buyout and then 6 a year for a coach. I'm not sure how a buyout works from another school
Zach will get a new DC job & that will lower the total he’s owed to zero

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Clay Helton?

Out of all the names, all of the salaries, all of the experience, Tom Herman is probably the correct answer.

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
Who cares if we spend 6 million a year on a head coach, if he’s going to run a basic common scheme on both sides of the ball that everyone sees week in and week out except with more talent. That’s like having your Mercedes-Benz SUV parked outside your 1980 single wide trailer.

Last edited:
Reactions: StumpNewGround

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
What I like in this thread is we got some guys that know the landscape that are worldly in their view as my elders used to say.

It’s the only thing that gives me hope

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login