What the.....

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I decided to go to the Alumni get together and the game next Tuesday in Pearl so I looked up the Trustmark Park ticket office for a couple of tickets and I was shocked to see ticket prices for reserved seats were $120 - $180 before fees. Maybe I'm living way in the past but how do they expect people to afford those prices???? A family could spend $500 - $1000 dollars all in on a college baseball game. Hell no. I'm getting old.

• Wow
Reactions: bolddogge

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I decided to go to the Alumni get together and the game next Tuesday in Pearl so I looked up the Trustmark Park ticket office for a couple of tickets and I was shocked to see ticket prices for reserved seats were $120 - $180 before fees. Maybe I'm living way in the past but how do they expect people to afford those prices???? A family could spend $500 - $1000 dollars all in on a college baseball game. Hell no. I'm getting old.
I’m seeing reserved seats starting at $60 with some behind home plate for $80, before fees on Ticketmaster. Still not cheap but not following the $120-$180. You sure you didn’t get redirected to a resale site?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Spectrum is losing its @$$ on fixed costs to carry the stadium. They have limited opportunities to generate revenue due to having to avoid scheduling conflicts with the braves. The few non braves events they get to host are used as cash cows to generate make up revenue. Metro state and s h i t head fans are seen as low hanging fruit to suck dry.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
We need to stop playing at Trustmark. The playing field was an issue for the USM game, and we are bailing Spectrum out.
I am going to have to agree with this. I know the Braves signed an extension for Trustmark Park, but I don’t know if Trustmark Park has signed an extension with the City of Pearl. As I understand it, the stadium becomes the property of the City in 2025 at the end of the 20 year agreement. But does that mean Pearl will retain Spectrum’s services to manage the events at the facility? The Braves no long own the Mississippi team, so facility management is handled by the new owners, not by the Braves organization. Therefore, it seems the team affiliation could change at any time as well.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
webbies won a natty last yesr, they want their $. Look at om/LSU tics in Oxford this weekend!

I used to make that game in Pearl every year but w/those prices and now they charging for parking too, I’ll pass.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I am going to have to agree with this. I know the Braves signed an extension for Trustmark Park, but I don’t know if Trustmark Park has signed an extension with the City of Pearl. As I understand it, the stadium becomes the property of the City in 2025 at the end of the 20 year agreement. But does that mean Pearl will retain Spectrum’s services to manage the events at the facility? The Braves no long own the Mississippi team, so facility management is handled by the new owners, not by the Braves organization. Therefore, it seems the team affiliation could change at any time as well.
Agree. I hope this 20-year mistake goes away and SOMEBODY WITH SOME M-17-ING SENSE figures out a way to put a stadium in Jackson, or at least down by the river somewhere, to spurn some development. Sh*t, even Smith-Wills was better than the damn parking lot in Pearl. But, even I realize we can't have 3 damn stadiums in Jackson, so it's just a sh*t show.

In the meantime, let's play in Biloxi. A stadium in a great location.

And it's weird that we'll have people fill up this stadium for ignorant prices, but won't pay above face value on Stubhub for games at a much better venue in Dudy Noble.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I stopped going when it started taking 2 full innings minimum to go get a beer or something to eat. Those prices are ridiculous, no way I'd pay them for that game. They've got to decide where the fine line is between low prices and high attendance or high prices and low attendance.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We need to stop playing at Trustmark. The playing field was an issue for the USM game, and we are bailing Spectrum out.
Just schedule a joke and home with USM and be done. That's how it used to be. Trustmark is too big and it's run by OM.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I’m seeing reserved seats starting at $60 with some behind home plate for $80, before fees on Ticketmaster. Still not cheap but not following the $120-$180. You sure you didn’t get redirected to a resale site?
My bad, I thought I was on the Trustmark Box Office page but it was a reseller. I took your advice and looked again and Ticketmaster does have reserve seats for $60 - $80. Still a ton of money for college baseball (a so called "non-revenue sport").
Don't know the face value of the tickets.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login