What's the one MSU game where you were the most pissed off that you attended?...

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Fun thread DS**

I knew it was going to be same ol' **** when, as I was waiting to get off the plane in Oregon and a certain curly headed gentleman in a braided belt told me he had just heard Kevin Fant didn't make the trip out west. No offense to Kyle York, who performed admirably in his first career start, but that game sucked. We did have a large time out there, other than the game.

20 year old hot take: Autzen is overrated.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That was 2017 I think. That’s the game we lost on a Jalen Hurts touchdown pass with a few seconds left. Earlier in the game, Bama got gifted a touchdown when Calvin Ridley ran out of bounds and came back in to catch a TD pass. Sideline official threw his hat but then picked it up and let the touchdown stand.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
That game was still fun as all get out - minus the last 7 minutes. So glad I went to that one.

Agree.

When Kevin Prentiss returned that punt for a TD to give us the lead late in the game . . . man, that was 17'ing exciting.

I'm so glad I went to that game. We may never make it to another SEC Championship game.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Way too many to narrow down. I probably attended about 75% mentioned on here. A recent one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is 2019 Kansas State. We let those Big XII pansies come in and manhandle us on our field in 100 degree heat. I remember telling my son as we walked out that day that JoMo wasn't the answer, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't around next year. I was correct on that one.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
That was 2017 I think. That’s the game we lost on a Jalen Hurts touchdown pass with a few seconds left. Earlier in the game, Bama got gifted a touchdown when Calvin Ridley ran out of bounds and came back in to catch a TD pass. Sideline official threw his hat but then picked it up and let the touchdown stand.

The sideline official didn't pick up his hat. Another official, Rob Skelton, who was the son of a former Alabama QB Bob Skelton came over and said he had a force out. That was reported by Rosebowl who said he was right there and heard it. It's the reason I don't watch football any more. That and I ate lunch with a former player's mom who was recruited by the nation and is now in the pros. It's just too corrupt and would be like watching WWE wrestling, except WWE has good looking women in it.

Last edited:

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Same can be said for the Outback Bowl vs Iowa.... but Joe was done after he lost to Mullen in 2018

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The most pissed I’ve ever been is leaving the 1997 Egg Bowl. Everyone was angry. Hadad was Hulk angry.

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
Too many. The obvious are Maine and 3-2.

But 2011 Arkansas in Little Rock and 2007 LSU 45-0 to open the season. At least I can say I witnessed history with a Dylan Farve TD and 6 INTs by Henig. Yay

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
2012 A&M Game. Got hung up at work so didn't get into starkville until too late to enjoy anything friday night. Came down with a sinus infection. 17ing dog barked all night to keep me awake. Watched us copy LSU's defensive game plan, except with Defensive Ends that weren't fast enough to contain Johnny Football and Kaleb Eulls, great bulldog that he was, was really a tad slow to play DE in the SEC. Team just lay down completelyi.

2014 Egg Bowl. Watching Josh Robinson dance around behind the line and us make no adjustment to Ole Miss's stunting was painful.

2014 Orange Bowl. I wasn't actually pissed off I attended. Had a great trip other than the game, but it was frustrating as hell watching us have that much time to prepare for an option offense and not have a defensive coordinator to do it. 17 Dan for that if he really wouldn't allow Collins to coach the bowl game.

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
2001 Troy State tornado game. That was the first indication that season was over and Jackie's tenure was near the end. The Arkansas game in 2000 sucked, too. 2000 could have been a great season, win that game and you had momentum to beat Ole Miss the following week, but we crapped the bed.

Feb 23, 2008
1997 Egg Bowl. The fight before the game, Stewart Patridge making the luckiest

2 point conversion ever, and for the cherry on top, we missed a bowl game despite going 7-4.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
1983 Egg Bowl (The Immaculate Deflection Game) - This was the game where I realized in person that God just really doesn't like MSU fans. It was again seen this year by OM winning the baseball NC one year after we did. Sort of surprised nobody else has mentioned this one.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The Out Back bowl pissed me off. We had 15 penalties and Iowa had zero.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
whatever year (2013?) it was when the Bama receiver ran out of bounds, then back in bounds to catch a TD late in the game. The ref marked him out, but then picked up his cap.

That was the most humble and quiet I have ever seen bama fans leave a stadium after a win. They knew they had their *** handed to them all game and a blatant bad call saved it for them. They couldn't get back to their cars fast enough.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I've never been mad that I was AT a game, but the 2001 BYU game was infuriating. I'll also put the 2006 Egg Bowl on the list, I was so mad after that game.

Chris Mannix

Dec 29, 2016
3-2. That was a game that I think both sides were just stunned. I remember it was almost like a funeral for both sides.
Mullen Orange Bowl. As bad as the entire D was against the option it was the interior that couldn’t stop the dive back. Dayes had to have 185 rushing and 3 tds on the 17ing dive part of that offense.
Croomed in Ruston. Wade Bonner fumbled the second half kickoff as I remember.
Iowa Outback Bowl. Wasn’t it something like 19 to 2 on penalties? Didn’t we hold them to something like -30 yards rushing?

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
I've never been mad that I was AT a game, but the 2001 BYU game was infuriating. I'll also put the 2006 Egg Bowl on the list, I was so mad after that game.

The 2001 BYU game is up there for me too. Also, the 1999 game in Tuscaloosa and the 2017 egg bowl were games I was mad at the refs and/or opposing players and fans.

I also got really mad at the 2015 Alabama game. Dak and the offense couldn't do anything that day, but our defense played their guts out... Problem was they gave up three huge plays plus one punt return TD. Other than those four plays, we held Alabama in check, yet you look at the score board and it's a 31-6 blowout. I felt in that moment that we had no hope of competing with them ever. During that last Derek Henry TD run I slammed my stadium chair into the bleachers and sprinted out of the stadium. Full on temper tantrum. The people that sit around me, we all had a good laugh at the next home game.

A lot of the other games mentioned in this thread made me very very sad as opposed to mad. 2000 Arkansas, 2009 LSU, Maine, 3-2, most of Croom, the last two years of Jackie, 2014 Alabama, etc. Those were more dejecting than they were angering for me.

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
Hard to pick just one -

with so many that are outstanding its own way...

Maine - No further comment necessary.
Troy State, 2001 - The infamous tornado game.
Louisiana Tech, 2008 - I picked up my tickets from a ticket office that looked more like a snow cone stand.
Ole Miss, 2008 - I'm convinced we didn't even practice that week.
Houston, 2005 - Norwood ran for some obscene number of yards, but we still lost.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The Maine and Tornado Troy game.

Oof, those were bad times.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
2014 egg bowl took a lot out of me.

I’ve been to a lot of state games in Oxford but that one got me. I also sat through the 1991 or 1992 game there where we had 10 plays inside the 10 and couldn’t score. I was only like 10 but it has stuck with me also.

Sat through a lot of ****** games but most of them were fun before and after.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Houston, 2005 - Norwood ran for some obscene number of yards, but we still lost.

God this is pissing me off. I'd forgotten about this. He set our single game rushing record in a loss (thankfully a record later broken by Dixon and later Fitz in wins).

Norwood will always be one of my favorite players the way he stuck with it through our worst years, and always played his *** off.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Regular season: Bama 2014. I still think we would have won that game with 30 more seconds but just couldn't get it going again early enough in the 4th quarter. And the fans are so smug. 17 'em.

Bowl games: Every bowl loss that I've attended has been an expensive multi-day investment in getting me and the people I love totally pi$$ed at each other, American Express, people on the interstate, and the world. Northwestern, Georgia Tech, Iowa, and Louisville can all 17 off. I didn't go to the recent Liberty Bowl but Texas Tech can 17 off too.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
****! That was a close second to 3-2 for me. I was in the upper deck with a bunch of rebels. I think they scored on the first drive and the last drive of the game.
They did score on first drive in N EZ and last drive in S EZ
Tommy T said after the game. “ we kicked their ***”
Well, no you didn’t Tommy, you got damn lucky is what you did.

CoolDawg

Oct 20, 2013
I agree with many that have already been mentioned. I will also add the football game against Arkansas on November 18, 2000. We were 7-2, ranked #13 in the country, and had beaten Alabama the week before. It seemed like we were destined to win the SEC West. On a abnormally cold day with cloudy skies and snow flurries, we lost in overtime 17-10. To me, that was the game that was the beginning of the end for Jackie Sherrill. The football program soon sank into an abyss for a decade.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login