What's the one MSU game where you were the most pissed off that you attended?...

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
1997 Egg Bowl......the reason ive only attended 3 since then...

left out of the stadium before the 2pt conversion.....saw the crowd, not the play.....cried.....complete domination of them the whole game.....only attended the 98 game and two others since then and none by choice...

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Watching the consecutive dropped TD’s in last years Egg was maddening, while trying to fix the $1 campus book mart poncho from taking off.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
2019 Tennessee. Neyland sucks, Chattanooga traffic sucks, and yet I drove all the way up there to watch Moorhead look totally incompetent against a UT team that was like 1-4 or 1-5 with a loss to Georgia State. The UT fans we encountered were incredibly obnoxious too.

ETA: 2017 Georgia is a close second. Drove up there thinking we had a chance to win and it was basically over after one UGA offensive snap.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Same for me. First half we move the ball and score then Jackie goes to the "prevent offense" and we watch a sure victory go to a defeat.

LanierDawg

Aug 24, 2012
97 Egg Bowl at Scott Field. Ole Miss, coached by Tubs, scores TD late then converts 2 pt play and wins 15-14. The A hole then says “where are those hicks with my Egg” … pissed just thinking about that, both teams finish 7-4 but they go to bowl and we don’t. Also was in Jackson when the wind literally blew game winning FG back and we lost. Those 2 are forever etched as painful. L o frikkin L

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
12/1/2000 BYU at Starkville. Egregious. Heinous. Preposterous. Outright criminal.

A day that will forever live in infamy. Mountain West officials gave the game away.

#3. Never knew a player could get an Unsportsmanlike Penalty for signaling 1st down.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
2016 vs. SELA made me pretty damn sick.

You mean south Alabama.

What a weekend that was. Lost my mom on Wed. We had the funeral on Friday and then I was looking forward to the South Alabama game on Saturday a little mental break from all the emotions of the week. Watch my dogs play a game get an easy win... yeah not so much

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
So I read this as "pissed off that you attended" rather than "attended and pissed off". The former meaning angry you attended, not just angry about the game.

Mine would be @Ga Tech in 2008. I live in Atlanta, so at least it wasn't an expensive trip. I expected a good game. By halftime I wanted to March down to the field and kick Croom square in the nuts. I wanted to leave, but my wife convinced me to stay for the 3rd quarter. I wished I could change clothes and lose my cowbell.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I can vividly remember sitting at that game with my brother-in-law and never experiencing anything like that feeling. Even after turning Auburn over multiple times inside the 50-yard line, I still felt like we had absolutely no chance to score points

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
This is it for me. I mean, there have been more gut-wrenching losses over the years, but in terms of being pissed about attending, this is #1. Bitter cold, rain turned to sleet, and my now wife and I were the only ones out of all my roommates that went to the game because she knew how much this game meant to me. While all our friends were warm, drinking, and stuffing their faces with Papa Johns and chicken wings, we sat through this hell until she could finally take no more in the 3rd qtr. She walked back to my jeep to warm up while I stayed in the stadium, and I can distinctly remember saying one of those "God, I know in the big scheme of things this **** doesn't matter, but if you could do me a solid here, I sure would appreciate it" prayers.

Well, we all know what happened from there, and I honestly still can't believe it. To have endured all of that, realize that it just cost us back to back SECW titles, and have to sit there and watch Ark players do the dog pound rock at midfield, it was just unfathomable.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Too many. The obvious are Maine and 3-2.

But 2011 Arkansas in Little Rock and 2007 LSU 45-0 to open the season. At least I can say I witnessed history with a Dylan Farve TD and 6 INTs by Henig. Yay

Yeah the running joke that next day was that Henig tried to throw himself off the top of the stadium after the game but LSU intercepted him before he hit the ground.

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
2016 Super Regional against Arizona. I just knew that team was the one to finally get it done. Bobby Dalbec still haunts me.

2014 Orange Bowl-spent all the money to get to Miami and we couldn’t stop the triple option to save our life and then we were all stuck up in the upper deck with the ticket allotment debacle.

2012 Egg Bowl in Oxford was also a bad one. Once they hit that feed moncrief song for the first time I looked at everyone I was with and said it’s over, we have no shot today.

2018 Florida is another good one. Everyone knew if Mullen just had given us one more year we’d have won 10 games easily that year and we squandered the best defense in the country and had an offensive guru who couldn’t get offensive to score touchdowns.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Yes, the 2017 bama game,

Arkansas State for homecoming in 95 or so was pretty painful too!

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Good call on 2001 BYU. I’ve seen plenty of bad calls, and I’ve seen officials that are a little biased, but never in my life have I seen a complete officiating screw job like the one that day that would have put WWE to shame.

That officiating crew had no intention of letting MSU win that game, and it showed from start to finish. 10 penalties that averaged nearly 13 yds/flag, and I can still remember Grindle getting an unsportsmanlike conduct for making a diving catch catch out of bounds, sitting up, and flipping the ball over his head. What a crazy game

Aug 15, 2011
1999 Alabama. Win that one and we're back in the SEC Title game only to watch

the refs completely screw us over once again. Prather runs a punt all the way back and the ref throws a flag for a phantom block in the back. Then near the end of the game we convert a 3rd down and they blow the play dead after the play was run saying that Bama called a timeout.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
1986 LSU game, lost 47-0. This was the final nail in the coffin for Rockey Felker's first year. Started off the year, 6-1, ranked 13th in the country. Only to lose each following game by more than the previous week. Being in the marching band (drumline), we had to stay for the entire game every time. Was my second year @ MSU. Became acceptive that MSU football just sucks in general and college football will never be fair for the little guys.

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
1981 Egg Bowl. Fourcade scoring and prancing in front of the State crowd. All of this after Dick Pace makes the worst pass interference call in history. The Saints/Rams call comes in second. I can hardly watch defensive backs today maul receivers and no call. Our guy steps in front to intercept the back and gets a call. The entire Rebel offense knew it was offensive interference when the flag was thrown and started walking off the field. My wife, who grew up going to all Egg Bowls, has not been to another since that game. She will attend them even in Starkville much less Oxford.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I was at that game. Never saw so many separate fights in a stadium as that one.

moou

Oct 24, 2012
I was probably in the 8th grade.
1968 played La Tech and Terry Bradshaw. Bulldogs lost.
My brother was in the MSU band, went to all the games......
Don't remember many victories...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login