What's your #1 takeaway from the spring game?

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
My No. 1 take was the jacket Arnett was wearing made him look like he had boobs. Not moobs, but actual boobs.

Reactions: QMartinez

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Keeping in mind that Spring games don't tell you much at all, here were my other takeaways:

2. Rogers is the starter, and the haters can shut up. Wright will definitely get some snaps, but Rogers is the man.

2b. We sort of saw bizarro Rogers Saturday. Mobility, some zip on his passes, and an average completion percentage. But he botched some handoffs, and ran backwards for a big sack on the final play, so it really was him.

3. The offense may be creative and fun to watch this year. Or maybe not. I get excited about the offense almost every Spring.

4. I understand with limited practices and concerns about potential injuries, coaches don't want a full contact game to end the Spring. But please give us something entertaining and competitive. I really couldn't understand what was going on game wise, or even how they decided which "team" scored. It was boring.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Rogers has a way to go if he even wants a shot at the next level. Defensive backfield is aggressive, most of the DL starters did not play so no comment on them. Offense was a mixed bag. But ir is spring so hopefully the final product in the fall will be entertaining.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Not much. It’s a spring game. Barbay appears to know where his bread will be buttered on offense.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I feel better about my own yard after seeing the grass at Davis Wade.
I only saw it on a few replays I watched on Twitter but I'd imagine this time of year what you were seeing was the result of verticutting, deep tine aerification or topdressing (or all 3) which were all done intentionally and for good reason

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We have players and we have coaches continuing to evaluate them in order to develop a game plan that can hopefully produce 7-9 wins next season.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Defense looks good. I like the offensive scheme still more to implement and clean up. Will looked much better than expected. I feel much better about him, he make two great throws, one 50 yards in the air. Lots of players out though, can't make too many assumptions.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The DL was in the offenses backfield the whole game. If we are this porous against our line what will happen against SEC tier 1 teams???
You expect the D to be far ahead at this point. If basically thier 3rd year under Arnett. Offense will get better and better, in 2024 under Parsons, I expect to be very good - or at least very exciting.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I hate to break it to you, but if Will Rogers wants to be our QB in 2024, he will be.
True dat! Will doesn't have to be Michael Vick, but he does have to be willing to run every now and then to put pressure on the d and take pressure off his oline.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think the new offense is going to help Rogers. I liked it.
Not as much on his shoulders. I liked using the receivers in run game and tight end packers. I think we need to bulk up at running back. Might find a younger guy as starter. Wright passing didn't impress hard to tell on running in spring. I thought the walk on looked decent to be honest

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
What did the fan attendance look like? I'm thinking with the new staff and all, that may have sprung some interest and helped baseball attendance. Or I may be wrong on that.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The DL was in the offenses backfield the whole game. If we are this porous against our line what will happen against SEC tier 1 teams???
This wasn't even against our line. Hardly any of our starting DL played. We were so short handed they ran a 2/4/5 defense. But it eill come together. We have 2 OL coaches which is a huge plus I am told. Our receivers have trouble running routes but that will be corrected by Coach Bump no doubt. Rogers does have an arm and can run without fumbling apparently.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
This wasn't even against our line. Hardly any of our starting DL played. We were so short handed they ran a 2/4/5 defense. But it eill come together. We have 2 OL coaches which is a huge plus I am told. Our receivers have trouble running routes but that will be corrected by Coach Bump no doubt. Rogers does have an arm and can run without fumbling apparently.
I did like the 55 yard pass by Will.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I believe nothing that insinuates Will's overcome his ability to hang on to the ball in real competition at this juncture. I've never seen so many fumbles by a football player due to complete weakness. I'll need an A$$ Report outta strength coach's mouth before I'll even begin to think otherwise.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login